27.01.10

Amber Rose Front Row @ Chanel’s Spring 2010 Couture Show

I am forever indebted to FC for allowing me to post this on here and I take full responsibility for any fashion bashing this site receives as a result!

Now that the disclaimer is over and done with, let’s talk about the ever ridiculous Amber Rose and Kanye West who were front row at Chanel’s Spring 2010 Couture show.

How they ever got an invite in the first place is beyond me but publicity hungry as ever, Amber turned up in a gold knitted hooded dress.

There is no point in me even attempting to critique this look as I wouldn’t even know where to begin. But please feel free to let me know your feelings on her *ahem* dress.

I know I should despise these two and their media grabbing antics but the comedy couple just never fail to amuse me.

I feel a new screensaver coming on…

UPDATE: Thanks to one of our readers, From Russia With Love, who identified Amber’s dress for us. She is wearing a look from the Fall 2009 Chanel Paris-Moscow show.

Credit: Wireimage

Alexa Chung Front Row @ Chanel's Spring 2010 Couture Show

Alexa Chung Front Row @ Chanel’s Spring 2010 Couture Show

Claudia Schiffer Front Row @ Chanel's Spring 2010 Haute Couture Show

Claudia Schiffer Front Row @ Chanel’s Spring 2010 Haute Couture Show

47 Responses to Amber Rose Front Row @ Chanel’s Spring 2010 Couture Show

1. Stuti January 27, 2010 at 12:08 #

Wow. All I can say is, it’s amazing how similar these two look. :|

• Linda January 28, 2010 at 01:34 #

Maybe that’s what they see in eachother…ha ha

2. Lana January 27, 2010 at 12:14 #

OMG…
    Awful

3. Joshua January 27, 2010 at 12:26 #

Fashion = RIDICOULOUS with amber that’s her rule !

4. Morgane January 27, 2010 at 12:29 #

was this in France? Im not sure if its related in any way but they were talking about putting a ban on these dresses in public places/schools/busses.. for muslim women in France just yesterday. Not sure if its in paris but it just reminded me of it. anyway the dress is awful, looks as if she’s been rolled up in a carpet from the dynasty-series… brrr :)

5. Juliana January 27, 2010 at 12:31 #

The funny thing is he actually looks *way* better than her. I’m not a fan of Kanye’s music, but I did like this classy look of his. Dear God, how can this man not feel embarrassed of being seen with this woman?

6. Rose January 27, 2010 at 12:31 #

Ew.

7. Natasa January 27, 2010 at 12:33 #

Amber Rose dressed awful. On the such event she wear such funny dress.

8. mm January 27, 2010 at 12:39 #

This post hurts my eyes

9. superlilster January 27, 2010 at 12:40 #

What I don’t understand is that she tried to cover things up, without actually covering up. Hilarious and ridiculous. These two give me the fashion creeps :)

ps: loveeee your blog!

10. Terry January 27, 2010 at 12:42 #

Their hunger for publicity is turning them into the new Speidi. Gross.

11. Ally January 27, 2010 at 12:57 #

Now I ain’t sayin’ she’s a gold digger…

*Ahem* Now that I have that out of the way. Not only is it ridiculous, it is insanely not flattering. And can Kanye please use a little of that “gold” to buy her a few bras?

12. Linda January 27, 2010 at 13:00 #

There just are no words.

13. HM January 27, 2010 at 13:01 #

At first glance I thought it looked like Mariah Carey in the profile shot. I’m glad it wasn’t. WHAT IS THAT THING??? A further development of the slanket/snuggie?

14. Valéria January 27, 2010 at 13:14 #

I can see now why maybe you didn’t say anything about this… This is offensive.. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/22/article-1245225-07F87587000005DC-795_468x783.jpg

• Fashion Critic January 27, 2010 at 15:23 #

absolutely offensive both in general and to the designer who’s show they attended

• ude January 27, 2010 at 15:57 #

i do love kanye’s loub’s though

15. Flutterbang January 27, 2010 at 13:48 #

Lol, she looks ridiculous – thank you for posting it, Sophie, it’s given me a giggle :D

16. robbie January 27, 2010 at 14:05 #

these are 2 people i would not feel sad about if they ever “vanished” and never came back, vile fame whores.

17. Sady January 27, 2010 at 14:08 #

Do you think that she does not know how ridiculous she looks? Is there any chance she really think this dress is pretty?

18. From Russia With Love January 27, 2010 at 14:29 #

I love this dress from Chanel Paris-Moscow collection on the runway. Amber failed to bring this look into life because it should be only the basic part of an outfit. She has not enough personality to pull off this dress worn alone.
    I would love this look if she wears this dress with red jacket (runway look 33 Chanel Paris-Moscow) because not many people have the body for such dress and Amber sure does,

• Sophie January 27, 2010 at 15:49 #

Thanks for the heads up on the dress. I’ve updated the post :)

• Chiara January 27, 2010 at 16:14 #

Exactly… I was really surprised to see this was from a collection.

19. shree January 27, 2010 at 15:06 #

My eyes!……..My eyes……………..

20. ude January 27, 2010 at 15:58 #

fml

that’s all

21. Lala/S-R January 27, 2010 at 16:50 #

We haven’t seen these two doing much public appearances since the Taylor Kanye incident. So, I don’t have a problem seeing them now. I think you’re coming down a bit too hard on them. In regards to Amber’s dress. …Firstly, why would she wear those pumps with that dress?…Wait, what kind of shoes do you wear with that adomination of a dress? If the hood wasn’t on it, it might have worked, but it doesn’t. There’s one thing we CANNOT take away from this, and that’s the fact that she is beautiful.

22. Sophie January 27, 2010 at 17:00 #

I refer you back to Valéria’s earlier link http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/01/22/article-1245225-07F87587000005DC-795_468x783.jpg to even suggest this woman isn’t a media grabbing fashion reject is absurd! :)

23. justme January 27, 2010 at 17:08 #

As foolish as he may end up looking sometimes, I believe Kanye is genuinely into fashion and it’s Kanye West so I understand why he’s invited.

His stripper friend on the other hand… SHE NEEDS TO STOP. I didn’t mind Amber at first but she’s got to go now. She looks ridiculous and it takes a special kind of girl to make a hooded, long-sleeved, ankle-length dress look slutty. Why am I able to see her nipples? Is she serious?

• ude January 27, 2010 at 17:44 #

so true

• Sophie January 27, 2010 at 18:29 #

I love your comment and wholeheartedly agree with everything you say! She could make a pair of thermal pajamas look like they belong in a strip club! :)

24. Mallory January 27, 2010 at 17:14 #

Does anyone else notice the strong resemblance to Star Wars’ R2D2?

*sigh* the definition of Kanye should be ‘to act for shock value’.

25. Valéria January 27, 2010 at 17:37 #

I wonder I Uncle K. was happy..
    By the way I would love meet you FC..!! Which Fashion Show will you attend tomorow? Obviously I’m not invited.. bisous! and Nice stay in la ville!

• Fashion Critic January 27, 2010 at 17:47 #

Ooooh…we’re leaving tonight.

Elie Saab was our last show.

• Valéria January 27, 2010 at 21:15 #

Ok, we’ll leave it for your next time in Paris..! Bon voyage!

26. Erik Mercedes January 27, 2010 at 18:17 #

OMG, if this is not the funniest thing you’ve ever written! I literally laughed out loud! When I first saw this picture, actually every picture of them attending shows, my eyes began to hurt. They are such a tragedy :[

27. Tara January 27, 2010 at 18:54 #

Only Amber can make Chanel look trashy. It looks beautiful on the model, IMO.

I like Kanye, he does seem to be into fashion.
    I can’t even understand how this girlfriend of his is a model.

28. MEME January 27, 2010 at 18:55 #

This is what the knights wore under their armor…….

• Lou January 27, 2010 at 22:19 #

Or elaborate thermals!! BAAAAD look, but it has entertained me

29. Leo January 27, 2010 at 22:19 #

How this 2 keep gettin’ invited puzzles me. She looks like

• Leo January 27, 2010 at 22:21 #

…She looks like Mr. Hankey from South Park.

• Linda January 28, 2010 at 01:33 #

LOL!!! I LOVE Mr. Hankey! And you’re so right about that!

30. Georgia Maude January 28, 2010 at 01:50 #

I like them both. They’re entertaining. So it’s not an attractive look–it’s hardly a crime; not even a fashion one. I mean, seriously, those looks Bo Peep frlght looks on the Chanel runway? The moronic things Lagerfeld is quoted as saying clearly for the sound bite? Really, how are these two worse? And by the way, all of these folks who constantly show up to these heavily photographed events are fame whores. It’s the very nature of what fame is in the 21st century.

• Thomas Monk January 31, 2010 at 01:56 #

This is a crime of fashion because she turned one of the most glamorous fashion labels and made it look trashy and as for the runway comments runway is not supposed to be what it is going to look like on the street or red carpet because especially in couture people who are invited to these shows are looking for drama. Karl Lagerfeld has never made sense when he talks and probably never will but he is an AMAZING designer and one of my insperations so he can do no ( lie he can do very little) wrong

31. Matt January 28, 2010 at 09:17 #

Ha, a gold knitted hooded dress that has a sand like texture, now I know why her last name is rose, people would love to see her buried up to her neck in dirt.

32. senka January 28, 2010 at 17:59 #

She used to look good. Kanye’s cool as always.

33. Marc January 29, 2010 at 07:12 #

OMG That girl is pathetic, tacky and sad!

34. Califields January 30, 2010 at 22:32 #

I love this dress! Thanks to whoever posted that it’s part of the Fall 2009 Chanel Paris-Moscow Collection. Now to find a good knockoff…