Christian Dior Spring 2010 Couture

Christian Dior’s Spring 2010 Couture show had a very obvious equestrian theme.

The first few models wore modernized 1860′s side-saddle riding habits which included fitted jackets with stiff peplums over a high necked white blouse with a frothy collar.

Some sported black velvet top hats with fishnet veils, whilst others wore grey streaks in their hair.

Whips were also included with these looks, to also play up to the equestrian theme.

It wasn’t all about equestrian chic, the cocktail lace cocktail dress with tulle floral appliqué flowers were breath-taking beautiful.

I loved the sculpted ballgowns in contrasting colours of burgundy, chocolate, mustard, blue, ivory and black were no doubt the show stoppers.

I loved the volume and contrasting detailed trains.

Accessories were supersized with large earrings, necklaces and bracelets which looked heavy as they decorated the models.

I love the ending of this video were Galliano drops to his knees to kiss Karlie Kloss’ hand. She’s the current face of Dior.

[nggallery id=307]

Credit: Style.com & Catwalking

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Cat Deeley In Sachin & Babi Noir – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Kylie Minogue Front Row @ Christian Dior's Spring 2010 Haute Couture Show

Kylie Minogue Front Row @ Christian Dior’s Spring 2010 Haute Couture Show

25 Responses to Christian Dior Spring 2010 Couture

1. Flutterbang January 26, 2010 at 10:37 #

W-o-w. Love everything about this collection. My favourite is the dress with the silver bodice and blue skirt – i can’t even begin to imagine who I’d love to see it on, I just hope it makes it to the red carpet.

• Chiara January 26, 2010 at 11:20 #

maybe charlize theron or marion cotillard …of course xD

2. Elise January 26, 2010 at 11:00 #

I love the equestrian theme, it is so chic

3. SarahV January 26, 2010 at 11:17 #

I love how much drama Galliano always creates, he is one of my favourites!

4. Lee-Shay January 26, 2010 at 11:35 #

I love this collection too… so much detail..its really exquisite. I could definitely see Dita Von Teese in the equestrian looks and that red tulle ball is a-ma-zing. Would love too see that at the Oscars!!! Also I think Drew Barrymore could pull off one of the ballgowns :)

• wilwarin January 26, 2010 at 12:02 #

I agree with you about Dita, she came in my mind the moment i saw equestrian looks.

5. mm January 26, 2010 at 11:35 #

This collection reminds me of the musical “My Fair Lady”, the peach creation is my favorite. Everything is so beautiful, i wish i could see this collection in person.

6. Alfredo January 26, 2010 at 11:58 #

I’m a bit disappointed, I feel like I’ve seen this several times from John, I usually depend on him to bring something new.

7. Lightning Heart January 26, 2010 at 12:12 #

ohh it’s gorgeous and i agree with mm that it reminds me of my fair lady also.
    love karlie kloss muchly

8. LeeAnn January 26, 2010 at 12:17 #

I was invited and couldn’t go-am gutted

• Thomas January 27, 2010 at 02:26 #

How do you get invited, i want to find my way on to these lists seeing i want to be a style director for one of the mjr mags

• LeeAnn January 27, 2010 at 12:46 #

I am a really good client. I usually also go to Armani(used to be good clint but no lomger but my name is still on list) and RTW Marni . I basically spend far too much on clothes and this is their reward to me.

9. robbie January 26, 2010 at 12:31 #

wow that petal skirt dress looks amazing, it reminds me of glindas bubble dress from wicked. i hope kylie wears that on her next tour!

10. Kimmy January 26, 2010 at 13:22 #

Galliano really knows how put on a great couture show! Just divine. I’d love to see the dress with the big mustard ribbon at the back in the red carpet.

11. Anissa January 26, 2010 at 15:01 #

It would be nice to see Penelope in one of these come Oscar time (perhaps the gray full skirted gown)…and of course Dita will love the equestrian themed pieces.

12. Natasa January 26, 2010 at 15:48 #

No words, it is amazing!!!!!!!!!

13. evanthe January 26, 2010 at 17:31 #

Such romantic ball gowns. They are absolutely gorgeous!!! I hope I can see them soooooon (very soon) on red carpet or I just might cry.

I definitely see Dita Von Teese wearing equestrian themed pieces. It has DIta written all over!

14. mol January 26, 2010 at 18:32 #

I don’t know, all these reference to the past, to a kind of old and grandiose beauty, there’s a kind of immobility to it all that really freezes my heart, like a deathly still life…..but no doubt some of these looks will find their way onto the red carpet and look marvellous for the moment, so that’s o.k.

As for the show itself, the only thing I really loved, besides the incredible color palette Galiano used, was the photo of Tavi (13 year old blogger) wearing an extravagent hat and blocking everyone’s view from behind – hilarious!

15. danniekate January 26, 2010 at 20:00 #

everything here is perfect! over the top, pastel perfect, theatrical…it’s full house on my galliano bingo :)

16. Alicia January 26, 2010 at 22:09 #

I know it’s a little off-topic, but I was disappointed to see only white models cast in this presentation (ok, Liu Wen is a notable exception – but she remains the only exception). Srsly, Galliano? I’m tired of seeing everyone look like Dovima.

• Fashion Critic January 26, 2010 at 23:08 #

Alicia…your comment is not only off-topic, but is also totally incorrect.

Chanel Iman maybe fair skinned, but she is in fact black.

*baffled*

• Alicia January 27, 2010 at 01:05 #

Chanel was in there? I didn’t see her in ANY of our pictures. I stand corrected, sorry!

• Alicia January 27, 2010 at 01:05 #

Oh gosh, now that I see it in your photo collage I feel really dumb.

17. stars&lilies January 27, 2010 at 03:30 #

umm what Alicia?

and mol, Tavi would do something like that haha. I could definitely see one of the equestrian dresses over her shoulders like a cape of some sort. she seems to love heavy fabrics like that. ( and layering them)

18. Malinda January 27, 2010 at 09:02 #

The collection is stunning, and I love the rich colours…… But I am completely and utterly lusting over the gorgeous shoes!!!!!