Who Wore Balenciaga Better? Salma Hayek or Meryl Streep

As I said yesterday we saw many re-runs on the SAG Awards red carpet.

Mostly notable was this stunning Balenciaga Fall 2009 printed gown which we first saw on Salma Hayek at the 33rd Annual Cairo International Film Festival in Egypt last November.

The actress was there to receive an honorary award during the opening ceremony.

She didn’t belt her gown unlike Meryl Streep who looked outstanding on the SAGs red carpet.

The black belt make her look more interesting, plus her green earrings complement her look perfectly.

This is the best I’ve ever seen Meryl on the red carpet, she easily wins this for me.

Credit: Style.com, Zuma & Wireimage

Rihanna In Meadham Kirchhoff - Hooray Henry's

Rihanna In Meadham Kirchhoff – Hooray Henry’s

Who Wore Marchesa Better? Georgina Chapman or Malin Akerman

Who Wore Marchesa Better? Georgina Chapman or Malin Akerman

10 Responses to Who Wore Balenciaga Better? Salma Hayek or Meryl Streep

1. Pen Pen January 25, 2010 at 07:58 #

I love them both, and both of them look better than the model …. real women with real curves <3 <3 <3

• Stuti January 25, 2010 at 08:57 #

Totally. And the gown itself is so flattering with the colour, the silhouette and the beautiful print.

2. Alfredo January 25, 2010 at 11:00 #

I’m going to go with Salma, Both ladies understood that something black really complemented the dress, while Meryl did it with the belt, Salma with her hair and eyes. I feel like this dress is better suited for a brunette.

3. Mariazinha January 25, 2010 at 11:28 #

Me no likey. I, contrary to pretty much everyone here, didn’t like Meryl Streep in this dress for the SAGs. It didn’t feel event apropriate, as I thing it looks casual, and I think the belt looks just ugly with the dress and a black sash of some sort would have worked much better, and made it less casual. So, obviously, Salma wins it for me!

• Tara January 25, 2010 at 12:59 #

I completely agree with you. I didn’t think Meryl’s was event appropriate at all.
      To be honest I would have like the runway version on Salma as well, but she still looks good in the long version too.

4. SarahV January 25, 2010 at 12:32 #

I went for Salma, because I don’t like this dress with hair as blonde as Meryl’s!

5. Kimmy January 25, 2010 at 12:40 #

Meryl Streep looks divine, as always.

6. Jennifer January 25, 2010 at 13:19 #

I disagree with almost everyone on here who has thus far commented, the exception (at the time I type this and can visibly see) Kimmy. I far prefer this dress on Meryl. I think her elegant up-do and perfect accessories, from the earrings to the belt, she is looks amazing. I’m not at all a fan of this on Salma. And I think this dress was event appropriate, because it looks fancy, especially dressed up with the emeralds, and she’s comfortable at an event that honors peers amongst the actors and actresses in Hollywood.

7. robbie January 25, 2010 at 15:54 #

both look amazing but meryl gets my vote. i prefer this dress with hair worn up and also i love the colours against her skin.

8. Mallory January 25, 2010 at 17:02 #

T-Bone Streep (and that will only make since if you saw her acceptance speech at the Golden Globes).