24.01.10

2010 SAG Awards – Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen

2 for 2 Award
A lot of you didn’t like Sandra Bullock’s Bottega Veneta gown at the Globes, but I’ve loved both her looks this award season.

Sandra’s not one to wow on the red carpet, but her choices have not disappointed thus far.

Tonight she wore a black Alexander McQueen keyhole gown with bold shoulders and an electric blue embellished detail around the neckline.

My only critique is I wish she’d smile more on the red carpet.  It always looks like such a chore for her.

Credit: Wireimage

2010 SAG Awards - Drew Barrymore In Monique Lhuillier

2010 SAG Awards – Drew Barrymore In Monique Lhuillier

2010 SAG Awards - Lea Michele In Malandrino

2010 SAG Awards – Lea Michele In Malandrino

19 Responses to 2010 SAG Awards – Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen

1. robbie January 24, 2010 at 04:18 #

wow lets hope she kept this up :-) i love the dress on herit shows off her body perfectly. i wish would smile aswell.

2. mandy January 24, 2010 at 04:24 #

I love this dress! Sandra looks amazing and it fitted her so well she looked like a supermodel! I hope she is BDOTW worthy for all! =)

3. Laura January 24, 2010 at 04:27 #

I agree with you both looks have been fashion home-runs for me.

The one thing I will say about the lack of smiling: The Bottega Veneta demands a smile. That purple playfulness just says smile. The darker edginess of this doesn’t require as much of the smile. So, while I don’t like her refusal to smile, it works much better with this look.

Fab job this award season, Sandra. Way to put in the extra effort when you’re nominated.

4. Amelia January 24, 2010 at 04:28 #

far better choice than the one she wore at the Globes; for once, I don’t dislike what she’s wearing.

5. Alina January 24, 2010 at 05:22 #

She has a great body and she works it well here !

6. nicky January 24, 2010 at 06:39 #

she looks really good. agree that this is better than the golden globes….i love how this dress makes her look tall and elegant. its more her style than the purple dress..

7. Alicia January 24, 2010 at 06:50 #

This was my favorite. I would get married in this dress, if it wouldn’t give my mother a heart attack.

8. Linda January 24, 2010 at 08:38 #

This looked even better on TV. It made her really statuesque and showed off her slim figure to perfection. The cutout at the front kept it sexy and the blue colour at the neck was perfect for her face and hair. I think it’s my favourite SB look ever.

9. wilwarin January 24, 2010 at 08:46 #

i love this look way better than golden globes one… this dress is tunning and she works this dress…

10. Jaynee January 24, 2010 at 10:43 #

This is the first time in a long time that Sandra Bullock has made me go ‘oh wow’! She is one of the most gorgeous actresses and I just adore this fashion forward look on her! It stands out a mile from all of the ‘old hollywood’ style draped gowns!

11. Gaber January 24, 2010 at 12:08 #

My issue is that in a lot of the pictures she looks like she’s one step away from walking all over boobs.
    Certain angles just butcher this look.

12. Elise January 24, 2010 at 12:30 #

For me, her and Diane are the best dressed. I really love Sandra, she is so beautiful and even with a simple dress she is stunning

13. Mariazinha January 24, 2010 at 13:00 #

I think she’s probably my choice for best dressed at this event! Love the dress, make up and hair. Just perfect.

14. lstp0136 January 24, 2010 at 15:26 #

i like the square shoulders and the hair

15. mol January 24, 2010 at 17:00 #

This wasn’t my favorite look, but she does look very good, mostly I loved her speech to intro Betty White, she was very funny all night…

16. Kimmy January 24, 2010 at 17:28 #

This dress screams “winner” The silhouette of the dress plus the peek-a-boo is stunning. The blue embellishments ads pizzazz to the dress.

Sandra’s hair and make up complements the dress.

17. mochababe73 January 24, 2010 at 23:50 #

I like the dress and her body looks good in it. I just didn’t like the blue at the top. Not needed.

18. Ashley January 25, 2010 at 05:21 #

I loved this and Diane’s. Sandra really did look gorgeous in the gown on screen.

19. Ally January 25, 2010 at 13:02 #

There is just something about this dress that feels a little 80s Dynasty to me, but she still looks really great. Esp the hair/makeup.