24.01.10

2010 SAG Awards – Paula Patton In J.Mendel

Baby On Board Award
Pregnant “Precious” actress Paula Patton walked the red carpet wearing an ivory J.Mendel Resort 2010 gown strapless layered organza and tulle gown.

Her hair fell behind her shoulders to show off her stunning earrings.

As beautiful as she looks in her gown, I can’t help but think the canary yellow may have been a better colour for her.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

2010 SAG Awards - Tina Fey In Salvatore Ferragamo

2010 SAG Awards – Tina Fey In Salvatore Ferragamo

2010 SAG Awards - Penelope Cruz In L'Wren Scott

2010 SAG Awards – Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott

14 Responses to 2010 SAG Awards – Paula Patton In J.Mendel

1. Godiva January 24, 2010 at 02:33 #

I agree. The color would have looked amazing on her skin tone. The white looks too shot-gun for my tastes.

2. Flutterbang January 24, 2010 at 02:43 #

Is she preggers or does the dress just make her look it? :S

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2010 at 02:56 #

she’s pregnant

3. justme January 24, 2010 at 02:50 #

Yup she would’ve looked stunning with the yellow version of the dress.
    She still looks great though and I do like the contrast between her fuschia/red nail polish and the white dress.

4. Laura January 24, 2010 at 03:02 #

The dress is fab, but the color gives it a bridal feeling. Any color other than white would’ve been better.

5. robbie January 24, 2010 at 03:39 #

in white it looks like a wedding dress, and not a pretty wedding dress at that. it would have looked nicer in yellow for sure.

6. Linda January 24, 2010 at 08:48 #

I agree, she totally could have pulled of the yellow, which not everyone can, so it’s too bad she went with the white.

7. Liza January 24, 2010 at 11:42 #

Wrong choice, the details are blown to hell because of stomach, defeats the purpose.

8. Elise January 24, 2010 at 12:34 #

It is not a good choice for her, it is so unflattering.
    I also hate the hair

9. mochababe73 January 24, 2010 at 23:56 #

I agree. She should have worn the yellow. The white looks too much like a wedding dress.

10. amy January 25, 2010 at 04:31 #

Hideous look on a pregnant woman. So unflattering.

11. Lara January 25, 2010 at 12:18 #

This was a look that is better appreciated in person/live. On my television screen she looked absolutely beautiful and angelic as she floated down the red carpet.

• jasmine January 26, 2010 at 01:43 #

The photograph does not do this dress justice. I saw Paula walking the red carpet live, and this dress was beautiful.

12. Islandista January 25, 2010 at 23:32 #

I actually disagree. I don’t think that yellow, especially that shade of pale yellow, would have looked good on Paula at all.

Reason being that Patton is already of the complexion that black people call ‘yella’ – though not high-yella.

Meaning – she is light-skinned with yellow undertones (as opposed to red – then she would be red-skinned or a redbone). That shade of yellow is just light enough to bring out the yellowish undertones in Patton and not bright enough to pop against the brown overtones.

I’ve seen many black women of Patton’s complexion in unfortunate shades of yellow and it’s just … off.

I think the white was definitely a better choice.