2010 SAG Awards – Nicole Kidman In Oscar de la Renta

Still Afraid Of The Red Carpet Award
Marion Cotillard in Elie Saab, Kate Hudson in Emilio Pucci, and Penelope Cruz in L’Wren Scott all walked the red carpet, but Nicole Kidman appears to be still avoiding it.

She has been avoiding the red carpet since her rather unfortunate make-up malfunction at the “Nine” New York Premiere.

Whilst her cast mates opted for chic European designers, Kidman wore a gorgeous gold boho Oscar de la Renta Spring 2010 strapless gown with stunning multi-coloured embroidered details.

She really stands out like a sore thumb here.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

2010 SAG Awards - Julianna Margulies In Narciso Rodriguez

2010 SAG Awards – Julianna Margulies In Narciso Rodriguez

2010 SAG Awards - Diane Kruger In Jason Wu

2010 SAG Awards – Diane Kruger In Jason Wu

28 Responses to 2010 SAG Awards – Nicole Kidman In Oscar de la Renta

1. robbie January 24, 2010 at 05:30 #

WOW im shocked for 2 reasons.

1 – its not l’wren scott.
    2 – its not black or white.

at last she isnt wearing something predictable. i love the dress but i do think the hair is a bit too casual for an award show. im sad that judi and sophia havent made many appearances :-(

i love that group photo, especially marion she is so adorable.

2. Alina January 24, 2010 at 06:11 #

She is wearing something colourful !
    I like her here and I’ve never noticed before but this hair colour suits her better than the blonde.

3. mahsa January 24, 2010 at 06:33 #

I LUV NICOLE SOOOOOOOOO REFRESHING

4. nicky January 24, 2010 at 06:35 #

she looks really good! she should have been on the red carpet…i like how this isnt like her usual style on the red carpet

5. Flutterbang January 24, 2010 at 07:17 #

I actually really like the dress and her hair, it kinda suits her.

I read somewhere a long time ago that Nicole really hates the red carpet so much that it can cause her to have panic attacks, so that’s why she so rarely walks it.

6. Nora January 24, 2010 at 07:26 #

I actually love this.
    Nicole for once looks reaaally good!
    If Diane hadnt blown my mind so far away, I would say nicole is the best dressed!

7. Ingrid January 24, 2010 at 07:48 #

I love this change of look for Nicole! I like the jewelery with the dress too, i have been over Nicole’s usual look for a wile but this is great!

8. Linda January 24, 2010 at 08:32 #

When I saw her walk on stage I thought, FINALLY she’s looking gorgeous again. The exquisitely detailed dress and the darker, curly hair are so flattering.

9. wilwarin January 24, 2010 at 08:39 #

finally look from kidman that i like. and i absolutely adore this dress :)

10. SkirtTheIssue January 24, 2010 at 09:05 #

I’m not a Nicole fan, but I love her in this! The dress is perfect on her tall willowy body shape, and I think the tribal jewels, and the boho hair, really suit the style

When you said she really stuck out like a sore thumb in the group photo, did you men in a good or a bad way? I actually think she looks the best! Marion looked lovely too, but I thought Penelope looked boring, and Kate looked awful!

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2010 at 10:26 #

More in a colour coordination way.

I guess she forgot the “wear black or white memo” :D

• SkirtTheIssue January 24, 2010 at 10:32 #

Oh, I see!

(and thank you so much for all your efforts – great coverage as usual!)

11. mandy January 24, 2010 at 11:28 #

This dress is insanely gorgeous!

12. Elise January 24, 2010 at 12:25 #

Unbelievable, she is wearing something different than usual. I love that dress on her, it is a nice change

13. Shoshanna January 24, 2010 at 12:34 #

Nicole looks amazing. So much better than her co-stars. Marion’s style is going downhill. It can only get worse. She didn’t skip the Golden Globes, because I distinctly remember her face when she came out of the cab. It looked as if she was going to say “I’M MEEEEELTING!”

14. molly January 24, 2010 at 12:57 #

Nicole blew the others – no style slouches – out of the water with this one. She looked absolutely breath-taking (I actually gasped, no kidding), top to bottom, in a very unexpected look. .

15. Leti January 24, 2010 at 15:49 #

Love, love, love–the hair, the dress, the jewels! She looks so vibrant. This is the Nicole I fell in love with all those years ago in the stunning chartreuse Dior.

16. mol January 24, 2010 at 16:52 #

She really dressed to suit who she is here, this feels more authentic than alot of her looks, sorta gawky beautiful and it reminds me of the old Nicole – good for her!

17. Laura January 24, 2010 at 17:07 #

I wish she walked the carpet. On stage, I thought she looked like a disco ball, but seeing it now I love the boho feel to it. It’s something different for Nicole, and I like it.

18. Kimmy January 24, 2010 at 17:25 #

I love this Oscar De La Renta gown! For once, Nicole wore something colorful and risky. She’s not boring me right now.

The 4 of them look wonderful.

19. Paulo January 24, 2010 at 20:17 #

I can’t recall if Nicole has ever worn an American designer/house in such a high profile event. I love the overall look though it reminds me of Debra Messing’s look at the Emmys a few years ago (also in Oscar’s dress). I love how this dress really softens her. Now I really can’t wait to see more of Nicole during the awards season with this new style direction she’s taking.

20. maggie January 25, 2010 at 01:15 #

Actually Kate is the one who sticks out like a sore thumb, IMO. Her dress is TOO white.

21. amy milligan January 25, 2010 at 04:23 #

Best dressed of the night. Hands down.

22. Jasmine January 25, 2010 at 08:43 #

Kidman does boho – hmmmm. She looks good, the dress is pretty, but the laid back look just doesn’t suit her character. Fact is, Kidman is an incredibly uptight woman (through the industry grapevine) and those L’Wren Scott outfits reflect that. This looks very pretty, but it also looks try-hard.

23. Ally January 25, 2010 at 12:54 #

The dress doesn’t match the other ladies, but it is my favorite of the 4. I am so happy to see Nicole back to her curley red hair. She always looks best when it is that way. And she looks wonderful in something so colorful.

24. mochababe73 January 25, 2010 at 17:01 #

It’s nice to see Nicole Kidman step out of the box. She is wearing color instead of a nothing color that it almost the same shade as her skin tone. She looked gorgeous with the exception of the 1990s hairdo.4

25. Observer January 26, 2010 at 11:32 #

Wow!What an absolutely stunning gown. Though its my first comment here, i just cldnt help commenting given how gorgeous the gown is. Her hair, though, is a bit of a let down.