24.01.10

2010 SAG Awards – Kyra Sedgwick In Vera Wang

On Trend Award
White was the trend colour of the night, and colour of Kyra Sedgwick’s stunning Vera Wang gown.

I love the jeweled detail and the grey sash across the waist.

The grey detail across the bodice bothered until I concluded that the gown may have looked too bridal without it.

The beautiful actress added Fred Leighton jewels to her look.

Thanks to Laura and Mahima for pointing out that this dress is similar to the Vera Wang gown America Ferrera wore to the 2009 SAG Awards.

Credit: Wireimage

2010 SAG Awards - Jennifer Carpenter In Paule Ka

2010 SAG Awards – Jennifer Carpenter In Paule Ka

2010 SAG Awards - Toni Collette In Rafael Cennamo

2010 SAG Awards – Toni Collette In Rafael Cennamo

10 Responses to 2010 SAG Awards – Kyra Sedgwick In Vera Wang

1. butterflyjonez January 24, 2010 at 14:07 #

I found the visible bikini tan lines more distracting than the grey sash.

2. chrystelle January 24, 2010 at 14:08 #

i love ur website.i have followed it since its inception but i’ve always been a lurker. this red carpet brings me out of my lurker status. if kyra was just 10 pounds heavier, the dress would have looked magnificient on her.also her thinness really ages her.
    keep up the good work. i love the fact that u aren’t nasty in ur criticisms when an outfit doesn’t appeal to you.greetings from germany.

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2010 at 14:27 #

thanks Chrystelle. I’m glad you are enjoying the site and thanks for your support.

We’ve come a long way :D

3. Chiara January 24, 2010 at 14:13 #

i thought the same about the grey detail :-)

4. Laura January 24, 2010 at 17:25 #

I know this isn’t a re-run but it feels like one. Remember the tope Vera Wang with a black sash that America Ferrera wore to the SAG’s last year. The sash on this is very familar.

Getting past that, I thought it was age-appropriate and good on Kyra. I’m happy she went away from L’Wren for this dress.

5. Mahima January 24, 2010 at 17:25 #

these two are very similar.
    i know its the same designer, but again a repeat.

• Fashion Critic January 24, 2010 at 17:38 #

great spot.

I forgot about that.

6. Jen January 24, 2010 at 18:16 #

also my favourite white.

7. Crazyfashionaddict January 25, 2010 at 00:52 #

Wow! she’s giving me a run for my money. I have to step my fashion game up in 2010, after seeing Kyra , I have noooooo excuse. None. My only grime with this look- was the bikini lines….

8. mochababe73 January 25, 2010 at 16:50 #

She looked so pretty and age appropriate without being frumpy.