2010 SAG Awards – Drew Barrymore In Monique Lhuillier

Worst Make-Up Award
I don’t mind a nude lip, but a fully nude face – and a shiny one at that – No.

I was drooling over Drew Barrymore’s Monique Lhuillier blue strapless gown.

The fitted bodice, the tiered skirt with the stunning embroidered detail all screamed Best Dressed, but the make-up kills this look stone dead for me.

Such a shame because her hair is gorgeous too.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Get The Look: Keira Knightley's Smouldering 'Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit’ LA Premiere Makeup

Get The Look: Keira Knightley’s Smouldering ‘Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit’ LA Premiere Makeup

2010 SAG Awards - Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen

2010 SAG Awards – Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen

26 Responses to 2010 SAG Awards – Drew Barrymore In Monique Lhuillier

1. robbie January 24, 2010 at 03:56 #

from the shoulders down perfection, from the shoulders up nightmare. the make-up is very blah and the “just got out of bed” hair not good.

• robbie January 24, 2010 at 03:58 #

looking at the pictures again the nude make-up really is aging her alot.

2. Mary Jenson January 24, 2010 at 04:09 #

Drew was not feeling well tonight. She became very sick when accepting her award. I know that has nothing to do with her make-up, but it could explain her pale look.

Her dress is beautiful and I love the color.

3. Laura January 24, 2010 at 04:20 #

This is such a knock-out look. That Monique Lhullier is feminine and edgy. I love it so much. But the make-up is so disappointing. The sad thing to me is the girls in the “I’m A Celeb and I’m Not Wearing Make-Up” articles manage to look better than Drew’s make-up here. Wow, that’s just ick.

4. Yaas January 24, 2010 at 04:20 #

Did she bleach her lips or just put some of her face cream on them?! What a shame, a hint of a color could make this a pretty look.

5. Amelia January 24, 2010 at 04:28 #

the make-up is awful, but in my opinion, so is the dress!

6. mandy January 24, 2010 at 05:04 #

Horrible hair, horrible make-up. Somehow i feel this dress flatters a brunette, not a blonde. Can’t help but wished it was Lucy Liu in this stunning gown =)

• wilwarin January 24, 2010 at 08:55 #

i agree with you this dress would do miracles for a brunette.

7. Alina January 24, 2010 at 05:29 #

Love the dress , hate the make-up (she looks tired ) and hair.

8. mochababe73 January 24, 2010 at 05:45 #

Hated the dress and the make-up.

9. mari January 24, 2010 at 06:26 #

her dress is so pretty, but her chest looks a bit squashed. Her skin is so pretty shame about the make up, it seems like at a distance her face is undistinguishable

10. nicky January 24, 2010 at 06:41 #

love the colour of the dress but thts all i love. the makeup is too terrible

11. Flutterbang January 24, 2010 at 07:29 #

WHERE DID DREW’S LIP GO? :o

12. Linda January 24, 2010 at 08:40 #

I would love this with a sleek updo, dramatic makeup and some bling around the neck. As it is, the whole thing is a wash for me.

13. wilwarin January 24, 2010 at 08:54 #

her hair and make updistract me from the dress which is devine, i just sometimes don’t understand stars, do the look at themselves in the mirror before going out? i mean if you look at the mirror and see the make up is katastrophe you call back the make up artist to fix it or do it yourself (i would definitely put some colour on the lips so i don’t look like corpse)… and sometimes i ask myself what do amke up artists think? it’s sucha a shame beacuse she’s really beautiful woman.

14. T. January 24, 2010 at 09:56 #

Don’t like the make-up, the hair…the dress is nice, but not with her.

15. Shami January 24, 2010 at 10:00 #

Let’s photoshop her face on from a better picture of her and enter her in BDOTW anyways. No, but really, that dress is amazing- SUCH a shame about the terrible makeup.

I agree that this dress would be beautiful on a brunette!

16. Elise January 24, 2010 at 12:30 #

What a shame. The dress is amazing and she ruins it with make-up and hair.

17. Shoshanna January 24, 2010 at 12:38 #

I don’t care about the hair and makeup. I feel like she was going for the Bardot look again and it works for her.

The dress is amazing and I never usually care for Lhullier. In fact, I thought it was a Dior dress from next week’s HC show!

18. SkirtTheIssue January 24, 2010 at 12:42 #

I agree in that photo the hair and makeup look bad- but I have linked to a close up shot in which they look quite fab;

I guess this is the problem with light makeup at a distance, and “candid” (ie not studio) shots. But the dress is lovely!

• SkirtTheIssue January 24, 2010 at 12:53 #

Sorry- i didn’t realize you didn’t publish links! The close up photo on the jezebel website if anyone is interested

19. Isabella January 24, 2010 at 20:31 #

Such a shame… waste of a A-MA-ZING dress …….. we should forgot her make up and put her in BDOTW ……….I cry when see a gorgeous dress being throw out !

20. mochababe73 January 24, 2010 at 23:51 #

I didn’t like this dress. It definitely looked like two different dresses hooked up and this is their baby. The drab make up didn’t help either. Drew is a beautiful woman, but she is so hit or miss in her fashion.

21. sarah January 24, 2010 at 23:55 #

the dress is so pretty and just right for her but the make-up and hair has to go….
    it looks as if she has no lips

22. Rezia January 25, 2010 at 01:54 #

Wow that is some seriously bad makeup! It spoils all her beauty. I mean it’s like uglyfying makeup or something. Why would she not look in a mirror before stepping out?!

23. naff January 25, 2010 at 06:46 #

I really love this dress.. it is so elegant and makes drew look young, which is very important, she looks effortless and not trying too hard.. love this monique lhuillier dress!