24.01.10

2010 SAG Awards – Diane Kruger In Jason Wu

Best Dressed Award
For the second time in a row Diane Kruger was my Best Dressed in Jason Wu.

I love usual mustard colour which we don’t often seen on the red carpet.

It doesn’t have that same WOW factor as Michelle Williams’ 2006 Vera Wang Oscar dress, but close enough.

Diane’s one shoulder draped gown oozes old Hollywood glamour.

Those ruby and gold earrings and red lips blow my mind.

Credit: Wireimage

2010 SAG Awards - Nicole Kidman In Oscar de la Renta

2010 SAG Awards – Nicole Kidman In Oscar de la Renta

2010 SAG Awards - Jane Krakowski In Alberta Ferretti

2010 SAG Awards – Jane Krakowski In Alberta Ferretti

36 Responses to 2010 SAG Awards – Diane Kruger In Jason Wu

1. robbie January 24, 2010 at 05:38 #

this is such a stunning dress, love the colour and the accessories.

2. lara January 24, 2010 at 05:40 #

Stunning! but I agree, not quite at the shocking wow level that Michelle Williams had in the Vera Wang.
    Would have loved to have seen someone ask what colour her Sag dress was before the event, “mustard?! are you kidding?!!” but of course she totally pulls it off and looks gorgeous.

3. mm January 24, 2010 at 05:50 #

Best Dressed, yes she is! Stunning, color is amazing on her. Love the earings and red lip color

4. Danika January 24, 2010 at 05:50 #

The silhouette this look creates is absolutely breathtaking. She looks incredible

5. Alina January 24, 2010 at 05:59 #

Perfection !

6. ben January 24, 2010 at 06:03 #

As much as i loved this, I kept thinking in the back of my mind that she had that image of Michelle Williams in her mind and kept trying to recreate it, which in a way leaves me a little annoyed. I don’t know why, maybe i just can’t get on the Diane Bandwagon like the rest of the world..

7. mahsa January 24, 2010 at 06:29 #

HOW COME NO ONE CAN BEAT DIANE SHE LOOK BREATH TAKING

8. nicky January 24, 2010 at 06:33 #

stunning, she never fails to wow everyone on the red carpet. fingers crossed for her attendance at the oscars!

9. Ingrid January 24, 2010 at 07:46 #

she looks gorgeous!! at first i was a little put off by the mustard but the fit, the style, the lipstick with those earrings… she is stunning!

10. Linda January 24, 2010 at 08:30 #

Thanks for including that pic of Michelle Williams. Its up there as one of my all-time favourtie red carpet looks. I really like Diane in this, but I agree, it definitely doesn’t have the same wow factor as Michelle.

11. SkirtTheIssue January 24, 2010 at 08:31 #

Breathtaking- Dianne can do no wrong lately in my book! She looked so, so pretty at the Globes, and then in this she is totally va-voom! As Danika said, the silhouette this gives her is incredible, the sleeve that looks like it’s falling down is so sexy, and the makeup and jewelry are perfect!

I love Michelle in that Vera Wang dress, it’s probably my favourite ever Oscar look, and I can see how they could be comparable, but I think the vibe they give off is a bit different?- Dianne looks more sexily ever so slightly undone in this, whereas Michelle’s was more of a polished, perfect look (both equally as successful I think)

12. wilwarin January 24, 2010 at 08:40 #

she really does look amazing, i’m not fan of mustard colour but on her it does miracles :)

13. Chiara January 24, 2010 at 09:30 #

definetly the best dressed with meryl streep.even nicole kidman and marion cotillard were looking good.What a big shame for drew berrymore!

14. Mary Jenson January 24, 2010 at 09:30 #

I thought of Michelle Williams too, but think Diane is always a Red Carpet favorite. I always look forward to what she is wearing. She is unique without being boring. The mustard colored dress with her red lipstick was a fabulous choice.

15. Rebecca January 24, 2010 at 09:59 #

Fabulous as always – what else is there to say?

16. Danielle January 24, 2010 at 10:25 #

Diane Kruger and Meryl Streep are my favorites ♥!

17. piyusha January 24, 2010 at 10:35 #

Speechless!!!!!!!!Diane is looking so beautiful.I just don’t have enough words to praise her!!!!!

18. Jaynee January 24, 2010 at 10:37 #

Wow, this girl can do no wrong! Wasn’t sure about the colour at first but the more I look at it the more I love it! Flawless!

19. electra January 24, 2010 at 10:47 #

IMO, Toni Colette and Kyra Sedgwick were best dressed. Mariah Carey finally covered her boobs, Patricia Arquette finally chose a wearable dress and Helen Mirren, just WOW, i think women hate her for looking so good at that age!

There were many more great outfits, i can’t wait to see more posts. Also, this red carpet was way better than the Globes.

20. electra January 24, 2010 at 10:49 #

I forgot to add, Dian Kruger can do no wrong in my eyes, just like Camilla Belle, they are my red carpet favourites!

21. Rita January 24, 2010 at 10:52 #

Perfection.

22. keira January 24, 2010 at 11:45 #

wooow!amazing..stunning….i love diane..omg wooow^^can’t stop saying woow^^

23. Mel January 24, 2010 at 12:10 #

I’m jealous, Why is she always perfect? She can’t be human.

24. Mea January 24, 2010 at 12:19 #

Stunning!!!! Another BDOTW?

25. Alice January 24, 2010 at 12:23 #

I love your blog, you always give me good ideas !!! so…. thank you, thank you and thank you!!!!!!!
    I invite you to visit mint melon. It´s a special spanish fashion brand, I think you’ll like it, they send all around the world. It´ll be a great experience for you.

26. Elise January 24, 2010 at 12:24 #

Just amazing, it is a lovely dress and the color is perfect

27. Shoshanna January 24, 2010 at 12:31 #

STUNNING! Not as amazing as the Lacroix, but wow.

I thought Nicole, Drew, Sandra and Carey also looked amazing.

28. Amelia January 24, 2010 at 13:33 #

P E R F E C T I O N

29. butterflyjonez January 24, 2010 at 14:26 #

She looks amazing. And is a better actress than Michelle Williams.

30. mandy January 24, 2010 at 15:03 #

FC, I’d choose Diane’s Jason Wu over Michelle William’s Vera Wang, ANYTIME.

31. mol January 24, 2010 at 16:48 #

She is definitly nailing this awards season, I love this color, perfect accessories and makeup – Diane never misses any detail, you can really count on her to commit to her look.

32. eimear January 24, 2010 at 16:52 #

ugh no, the colour is a horrible shade of mustard. Just looks washed out. Beautiful shape to the dress ill give her that.

33. Laura January 24, 2010 at 17:09 #

The color is great. I love the red lips. The one shoulder makes use of a Hollywood trend, but the dress and the way it’s styled gives an Old Hollywood feel to it. A deserving “Best Dressed” winner.

34. evanthe January 24, 2010 at 18:18 #

I don’t think I would have really like the dress all that much if it wasn’t on Diane Kruger, but she just brings out 200% sophistication from it. She looks amazing!!!! (btw I also agree that Diane Kruger > Michelle William)

35. Jen January 24, 2010 at 18:26 #

I love this dress, but I agree, the Michelle Williams dress still reigns. I loved it from the start, but I remember it got mixed reviews. I’m glad it’s stood up and appeared in a number of best of the decade lists. Her make up, hair, and accessories were spot on too, especially the vintage style necklace.

36. mochababe73 January 24, 2010 at 23:47 #

As usual, I am in the minority. I hated the dress, the fit, and the color.