24.01.10

2010 SAG Awards – Carey Mulligan In Lanvin

Just OK Award

Pre-Award Season everyone – including me – had very high hopes for Carey Mulligan.

So far she’s just been OK, and is yet to blow me away.

I’m glad she opted for something more colourful at the SAG Awards wearing this red strapless Lanvin gown.

The gown exaggerates her hips, before gathering at one side to kick out  to a mermaid hem.

She’s not wearing too much bling, but her dress does have a jeweled detail on her waist to add more interest to her look.

A nude clutch completes her look.

Does this look get a thumbs up or thumbs down for you?

Credit: Wireimage

2010 SAG Awards - Edie Falco In Bottega Veneta

2010 SAG Awards – Edie Falco In Bottega Veneta

2010 SAG Awards - Meryl Streep In Balenciaga

2010 SAG Awards – Meryl Streep In Balenciaga

23 Responses to 2010 SAG Awards – Carey Mulligan In Lanvin

1. fiona4802 January 24, 2010 at 00:47 #

I’m just so glad to see her smiling. It’s the best accessory a girl can have! That dress is a gorgeous colour though.

2. Laura January 24, 2010 at 00:52 #

On a “normal” celebrity style-wise, I would like this dress. It’s colorful and has detail but not too much.

But being such a stylish person, this doesn’t excite enough. On most people this is a great look. On Carey, it’s a bit of a let down.

3. Laura January 24, 2010 at 00:56 #

LOL, thats weird, I actually prefer her style now, her choices before the award season begin just seemed not flattering of her at all, she looks much more cutter now. She looks fresh and colorful; I love the color of this dress.

She gets a big thumps up

4. Louise January 24, 2010 at 01:02 #

I really like it.

5. Michelle January 24, 2010 at 01:13 #

This is too prom/wedding for my taste. I’ve only really liked a few of her looks so far. I don’t find her very stylish. But she was great in An Education!

6. christian January 24, 2010 at 01:22 #

i think it looks like ot doesn’t fit her on the bottom part of the dress and it’s a shame, because the dress has great potentiale and it’s a great colour on her

7. Elise January 24, 2010 at 01:24 #

I don’t really like it, the dress doesn’t look good on her, it looks like it was made with paper.

8. lucas January 24, 2010 at 01:33 #

The design kind of reminds me of the Pre-Fall 2010 Lanvin Rose Byrne wore to the Globes (I loved that look, but Carey disappoints me in this).

9. Linda January 24, 2010 at 01:50 #

It’s so similar to her GG dress, but better colour and fit. Compared to some other dresses on young actresses I’ve seen, this is a let down.

10. Flutterbang January 24, 2010 at 02:52 #

Meh. I’m still trying to figure out the appeal of this girl.

11. justme January 24, 2010 at 03:02 #

She didn’t blow me away before and I remain unimpressed.
    She seems like a sweet girl but a dress like this needs a wearer with an attitude. She should’ve picked a cocktail dress or something If she was just gonna stand there with an awkward (albeit cute) smile.

12. Sarah January 24, 2010 at 03:44 #

Down. Two reasons, 1) the clutch isn’t working for me 2) the gap between her face & where the dress begins is too big. She should have worn a necklace.

13. robbie January 24, 2010 at 03:55 #

thumbs down it looks like someone just wrapped a duvet cover around her.

14. Vera January 24, 2010 at 04:43 #

Dear FC, I don’t know what you do not like about Carey, but, come on, she looks good!

Same she did at the Globes.

Have you seen Mischa Barton? Is it really she? I saw her pictures, but still can’t recognise her. Has she made plastic 10 surgeries as Heidi Montag did??

I wonder why there were no Zoe Saldana…

• Ally January 25, 2010 at 13:19 #

Vera — Apparently some photo agencies labeled the beautiful Stana Katic (actress on Castle) as Mischa. So, it probably wasn’t her in the pictures you saw.

Not a fan of Carey’s look at all. It looks like a red trashbag :(. Red is lovely on her though.

15. mahsa January 24, 2010 at 06:26 #

SHE COULD HAVE LOOK MUCH BETTER IF SHE HAD LONGER HAIR ,THIS HAIRCUT RUINS EVERY GOWN

16. nicky January 24, 2010 at 06:50 #

waist up, the look is very cute…but waist down, it starts to get a bit messy. i love the broach, colour, hair and makeup. she looks really cute

17. Nikki January 24, 2010 at 07:38 #

Carey Mulligan’s very pretty but not a big fan of her gown. Like you I have yet to be blown away by her and this is supposed to be her chance. So far Anna Kendrick has been stealing her red carpet newbie thunder.

And is it just me of her gown’s a bit wrinkled and needs to be pressed/steamed?

18. Catherine January 24, 2010 at 08:58 #

hmm… it’s nice but I was hoping for more… don’t dig the clutch or the bracelet and it’s got the same vibe as the GG dress.. i hope style.com won’t reward her with another top ten mention…

i want her to up the ante…

19. Shoshanna January 24, 2010 at 12:42 #

She looks amazing, but she could look even better if she wanted to.

20. Kimmy January 24, 2010 at 17:36 #

I got hyped up about Carey, but my hype didn’t match this dress. It disappointed me. She can do better than this.

21. mochababe73 January 25, 2010 at 00:03 #

I like the dress, but I think it’s the hair cut that’s throwing me off. She looks like a 13 year old playing dress up. And, she needed something on the neckline.

22. Ashley January 25, 2010 at 05:28 #

Thumbs down….she’s been a disappointment fashion wise….and awards wise she’s lost all her buzz as well.