Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Stella McCartney or Joanna Lumley

Back in June, before we even knew this Stella McCartney floral print dress was part of the designers Resort 2010 collection, Stella gave us a preview at The Royal Academy of Arts Summer Exhibition Preview Party in London.

This collection was much loved and worn by many celebrities last year, yet it was still a surprise to see actress Joanna Lumley wearing it last night to the 2010 National Television Awards.

The other surprise was that the 63 year old legendary beautiful actress paired her dress with Vivienne Westwood ‘Black Lady Dragon’ wax slingbacks.

Had Joanna not worn the black leggings I may have given this win to her, but they kill the look for me so Stella wins.

This Stella McCartney dress is available to purchase from Net-A-Porter and Browns Fashion.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Luella Better? Alexa Chung, Sheree Murphy or Elisabeth Moss

Who Wore Luella Better? Alexa Chung, Sheree Murphy or Elisabeth Moss

Shop The Red Carpet From The 2010 National Television Awards

Shop The Red Carpet From The 2010 National Television Awards

7 Responses to Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Stella McCartney or Joanna Lumley

1. Lucas January 21, 2010 at 07:24 #

Did you see Heather Graham in that pink Spring 2010 L’Wrenn Scott dress at the AFI award luncheon last week, she looked gorgeous!

• Fashion Critic January 21, 2010 at 09:55 #

Yes. Please can you keep comments on topic

2. robbie January 21, 2010 at 09:30 #

i have to agree those leggings ruin the look so stella wins it for me.

as much as i love joanna i think the leggings may be a tad too youthful for her.

3. Flutterbang January 21, 2010 at 10:59 #

I think Joanna injects a bit more femininity into the dress, I can’t quite put my finger on how…and as unpopular as I know I’ll be for saying it, I really dislike Stella’s shoes :(

4. robbie January 21, 2010 at 11:11 #

the more i see joanna the more i wish she had just got rid of the black sash around the waist.

5. LeeAnn January 21, 2010 at 13:21 #

I prefer Joanna because at her age she cannot wear the dress at the length that it is intended so that the leggings allow her to. As someone who is in her mid 50′s I understand the difficulties of wearing a dress that is too short and also use leggings as a way around it

6. faruthan January 22, 2010 at 01:42 #

Wow FC! You must be able to see into the future as Joanna’s look is dated for next week ;P