Who Wore Luella Better? Alexa Chung, Sheree Murphy or Elisabeth Moss

Alexa Chung first wore this Luella Fall 2009 dress to the “British Academy Television Awards” in April.

I normally love, love, love Alexa but on this occasion I’m feeling a little let down.

This is her standard puffball look but I’m really not sure about the sweater underneath.

And don’t even get me started on that cat bag…

WAG Sheree Murphy then wore this dress at the beginning of December to the “Liverpool Style Awards”.

I actually don’t mind the tights in this look as they seem to compliment the pattern of the dress.

I love her dark eyes, really dramatic.

Elisabeth Moss wore this dress in mid December to the “Have You Heard About The Morgans Premiere” in New York.

How has she managed to make this dress look so mumsy?!

Everything from the shoes to the corkscrew curls ages this look about a hundred years.

For me, Sheree wins this round hands down.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Poppy Delevingne & Alexa Chung for THE EDIT

Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Stella McCartney or Joanna Lumley

Who Wore Stella McCartney Better? Stella McCartney or Joanna Lumley

9 Responses to Who Wore Luella Better? Alexa Chung, Sheree Murphy or Elisabeth Moss

1. nicole January 20, 2010 at 07:19 #

sheree for sure. very unflattering on elisabeth.

2. robbie January 20, 2010 at 09:22 #

to be honest i dont think any of them wore this dress best. alexa and sheree ruin it with the tights, and on elisabeth it just looks terrible.

3. Lara January 20, 2010 at 11:40 #

Hahahah! I’m thinking FC didn’t write this, and maybe Sophie (hope I got the name correct) did? I recall FC not being a particular fan of Alexa, and thinking her overrated. I love that you guys kept the “voice” of the blog the same, but would there be any way to tell who is writing a particular post?

• Fashion Critic January 20, 2010 at 11:48 #

You can see who wrote it at the foot of each post.

And you’re right I didn’t write this because as you know I’m not an Alexa fan

4. Lara January 20, 2010 at 13:50 #

Thanks FC :):)

5. Lala/S-R January 20, 2010 at 18:54 #

Who’s Sophie? Did I miss something? LOL
    Any who, they all look terrible in the dress. Sheree Murphy was the only one that came close to looking okay.

6. Bella January 21, 2010 at 00:21 #

Didn’t Kelly Osbourne wear this too?

• Fashion Critic January 21, 2010 at 06:36 #

Kelly wore the skirt

7. Nat May 25, 2011 at 20:50 #

Alexa by far. She completely makes it her own and sticks to her style. Also, Luella Bartley intended for it to have the black top underneath, as that was how it was shown on the runway – it also had tights. I just love the cat bag, t-bar black heels and the short dress look is totally Alexa. The others look horrendous.
    How ironic that Pixie was modelling the dress Alexa later wore…