Who Wore Preen Better? Gwyneth Paltrow or Fergie

Gwyneth Paltrow wore this Preen Fall 2009 dress to the “Champions Of Hope Benefit” in New York in July.

I always love it when Gwyneth wears edgier pieces but I know some of you won’t agree!

I love the LA tan against this futuristic dress. I love the hair and the minimal make-up. And then I saw the boots *sigh*.

Fergie wore this dress at the beginning of December to a press conference with her band the Black Eye Peas in Mexico.

Again I’m not a fan of the shoes. They seem way too dainty for the dress.

It’s a close call and I think that both could have styled the dress the better but on the this occasion I’m going to go for Gwyneth.

A controversial decision I think? Who’s look do you prefer?

This dress is available to buy from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony Red Carpet Roundup

17th Malaga Film Festival 2014 Opening Ceremony Red Carpet Roundup

Who Wore Luella Better? Alexa Chung, Sheree Murphy or Elisabeth Moss

Who Wore Luella Better? Alexa Chung, Sheree Murphy or Elisabeth Moss

13 Responses to Who Wore Preen Better? Gwyneth Paltrow or Fergie

1. mette January 19, 2010 at 08:30 #

I think the dress seems to fit Fergie better…

• Pen Pen January 19, 2010 at 08:58 #

I agree, Gwyneth Paltrow has no curve …

2. LittleMonyet January 19, 2010 at 08:44 #

Fergie definitely takes the vote on this one – she fills the dress out so much better – I do agree with the shoes, they’re not great on either, but Gwyneth’s so fake baked that I feel like if you so much as brushed against her you’d have orange spots all over you. Not a good look.

3. Cleopatra January 19, 2010 at 09:14 #

I wore this dress few months ago and its a very difficult dress to pull off cos it needs the absolutely right shoes or it looks awkward. thats why i wore it with pointed stilettos exactly like the runway shot. if gwyneth didnt have such long legs i can assure you those boots would have been a disaster so she does ok. fergie’s shoes are way too dainty for a sci-fi dress like this one.

4. Elaine January 19, 2010 at 09:17 #

I wouldv said Fergie until i seen the shoes – think the dress needs some edgier shoes than the T-bar heels fergie paired the dress with

5. Nikki January 19, 2010 at 09:40 #

I think it looks better on Fergie. First, because it fits her better. Second, because of the color. It suits brunettes better. First thing I see when I look at Gwyneth Paltrow is the dress…instead of her. The dress is wearing her, not the other way around.

• lici_u January 19, 2010 at 11:25 #

Nikki is absolutely right in all points!

6. Vera January 19, 2010 at 11:36 #

Fergie. I can’t stand ankle boots even with those gorgeous legs Gwyneth has.

7. JN January 19, 2010 at 11:54 #

As IF Fergie looks hotter than Gwyn!? It looks cheap and tacky and the T-bar shoes are so mumsy compared to Gwyn’s on-trend ankle boots.

Puh-lease.

• Laura January 19, 2010 at 16:10 #

Exactly! Those t-bars look horrendous with that sexy dress!

8. Sally January 19, 2010 at 14:33 #

I hate both shoe choices. So it’s who is wearing the dress … Fergie wins it for me. GP has horrible posture for someone who is super fit and in shape. Every single time I see GP I can hear the voice of my mother “Stand up straight!”

9. DanielleS. January 19, 2010 at 14:58 #

I am not a big fan of Gwyneth because she sometimes comes off very condescending, and it looks like she is trying too hard to be edgy

10. Lala/S-R January 19, 2010 at 18:22 #

Funny how Fergie is in the lead here. I have this magazine that I recently bought and the win went to Gwyneth. They claimed Fergie’s T-straps are too old-time for the modern dress. Which is relatively true. But the question on here is, “who wore Preen (the dress) better” and that’s Fergie.