Who Wore Preen Better? Gwyneth Paltrow or Fergie

Gwyneth Paltrow wore this Preen Fall 2009 dress to the “Champions Of Hope Benefit” in New York in July.

I always love it when Gwyneth wears edgier pieces but I know some of you won’t agree!

I love the LA tan against this futuristic dress. I love the hair and the minimal make-up. And then I saw the boots *sigh*.

Fergie wore this dress at the beginning of December to a press conference with her band the Black Eye Peas in Mexico.

Again I’m not a fan of the shoes. They seem way too dainty for the dress.

It’s a close call and I think that both could have styled the dress the better but on the this occasion I’m going to go for Gwyneth.

A controversial decision I think? Who’s look do you prefer?

This dress is available to buy from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Marion Cotillard's Closet - Jimmy Choo 'Drake' Sandals

In Marion Cotillard’s Closet – Jimmy Choo ‘Drake’ Sandals

Runway To BAFTA/LA's 16th Annual Awards Season Tea Party - Diane Kruger In Miu Miu

Runway To BAFTA/LA’s 16th Annual Awards Season Tea Party – Diane Kruger In Miu Miu

13 Responses to Who Wore Preen Better? Gwyneth Paltrow or Fergie

1. mette January 19, 2010 at 08:30 #

I think the dress seems to fit Fergie better…

• Pen Pen January 19, 2010 at 08:58 #

I agree, Gwyneth Paltrow has no curve …

2. LittleMonyet January 19, 2010 at 08:44 #

Fergie definitely takes the vote on this one – she fills the dress out so much better – I do agree with the shoes, they’re not great on either, but Gwyneth’s so fake baked that I feel like if you so much as brushed against her you’d have orange spots all over you. Not a good look.

3. Cleopatra January 19, 2010 at 09:14 #

I wore this dress few months ago and its a very difficult dress to pull off cos it needs the absolutely right shoes or it looks awkward. thats why i wore it with pointed stilettos exactly like the runway shot. if gwyneth didnt have such long legs i can assure you those boots would have been a disaster so she does ok. fergie’s shoes are way too dainty for a sci-fi dress like this one.

4. Elaine January 19, 2010 at 09:17 #

I wouldv said Fergie until i seen the shoes – think the dress needs some edgier shoes than the T-bar heels fergie paired the dress with

5. Nikki January 19, 2010 at 09:40 #

I think it looks better on Fergie. First, because it fits her better. Second, because of the color. It suits brunettes better. First thing I see when I look at Gwyneth Paltrow is the dress…instead of her. The dress is wearing her, not the other way around.

• lici_u January 19, 2010 at 11:25 #

Nikki is absolutely right in all points!

6. Vera January 19, 2010 at 11:36 #

Fergie. I can’t stand ankle boots even with those gorgeous legs Gwyneth has.

7. JN January 19, 2010 at 11:54 #

As IF Fergie looks hotter than Gwyn!? It looks cheap and tacky and the T-bar shoes are so mumsy compared to Gwyn’s on-trend ankle boots.

Puh-lease.

• Laura January 19, 2010 at 16:10 #

Exactly! Those t-bars look horrendous with that sexy dress!

8. Sally January 19, 2010 at 14:33 #

I hate both shoe choices. So it’s who is wearing the dress … Fergie wins it for me. GP has horrible posture for someone who is super fit and in shape. Every single time I see GP I can hear the voice of my mother “Stand up straight!”

9. DanielleS. January 19, 2010 at 14:58 #

I am not a big fan of Gwyneth because she sometimes comes off very condescending, and it looks like she is trying too hard to be edgy

10. Lala/S-R January 19, 2010 at 18:22 #

Funny how Fergie is in the lead here. I have this magazine that I recently bought and the win went to Gwyneth. They claimed Fergie’s T-straps are too old-time for the modern dress. Which is relatively true. But the question on here is, “who wore Preen (the dress) better” and that’s Fergie.