Jessica Biel For Vogue US February 2010

Jessica Biel is on the February cover of Vogue US wearing Ralph Lauren Spring 2010 and photographed by Mario Testino.

She talks about her style crush on Rihanna and about keeping schtum over her relationship with singing star beau Justin Timberlake.

Here are some extracts from the interview but you can read the full article at Vogue.com

On the rumors of rift with Justin Timberlake: “It’s definitely been weird and sort of bizarre to deal with. But you have to have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Honestly, I look at a magazine and they know more than I do…I don’t feel the need to clear anything up. It’s the most precious thing that I have in my life, and I care about it so much that I don’t care about what anyone says or thinks. I have just not addressed it in any real way, and I’m not going to. It’s mine. And I really like that about it.”

On coveting Rihanna’s style: “I like really überfeminine, classic-looking things mixed with something rougher around the edges. I’ve been looking at Rihanna a lot, checking her out. She’s got something going on that I am sort of craving a little bit.”

On her co-star Jennifer Garner: “She’s incredibly girly and warm and open—all of the things she seems to buck against when she’s looking at roles. The first scene that I did with her, she was drunk in the scene. It’s hard to play drunk, not to overdo it. But she did it in such a subtle, real, kind of pathetic but very, very deeply funny way. I was, take one, totally impressed.”

On being a character on the red carpet: “When I see myself in pictures with makeup on, even to this day, I think it looks weird. My eyes get squintier and smaller. On the red carpet, I’m playing a character. As soon as I get off that thing I think, Oof, wipe that gloss off. I’m wiping and wiping and pulling my hair out and trying to change my outfit. I’m immediately trying to get comfortable. It’s really a part I play.”

On the film industry during the recession: “The last year in this business has been harsh. There’s no material. Nobody wants to make dramas. And that’s what we all want to do. What is getting produced, are commercial movies—horror movies, big romantic comedies, and action movies. Those can be great, but you don’t want to do only those kinds of films. You can’t live on éclairs alone. You have to have a spinach salad every now and again.”

Credit: Style.com & Vogue.com

Lee Na Young's "Happy Change" Promo Tour

Lee Na Young’s “Happy Change” Promo Tour

3rd Annual BET Honors

3rd Annual BET Honors

30 Responses to Jessica Biel For Vogue US February 2010

1. Vera January 19, 2010 at 16:16 #

I admire Anna Wintour, really, I do. But I have to admit, sometimes she makes really strange choices.

Jessica Biel on the VOGUE cover?? Oh, really?

I wonder. Cosmopolita – OK, Glamour – OK, but… Vogue? No, no, no.

2. Sady January 19, 2010 at 16:21 #

Well, she looks great, but Jessica Biel on the cover? Makes no sense to me.

3. Marvel January 19, 2010 at 16:22 #

In the interview she comes across that she doesn’t really like fashion or the red carpet, good thing she is on the front cover of Vogue then.

4. martdip January 19, 2010 at 16:33 #

it’s ridiculous!!Who is jessica biel??she is a poor actress with always supporting roles,but the most important thing,She is the GIRLFRIEND of JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!!this is the reason of her cover on VOGUE

5. Sady January 19, 2010 at 16:46 #

Next month @ Vogue’s cover : Amanda Bynes.
    Just kidding, but you never know….

• Fashion Critic January 19, 2010 at 17:02 #

my heart sank until I read ‘just kidding’.

You really scared me :D

6. Tamia January 19, 2010 at 16:51 #

it’s a total injustice that Jessica Biel gets a cover of vogue..women like thandie newton,selma blair,naomi watts have never been on the cover but she does?she has no real love for fashion and is clearly just put together by a stylist, I don’t find her tallented either.

7. Laura January 19, 2010 at 16:56 #

I read somewhere that this was a favor for Justin Timberlake, thats the only reason I can find.

8. martdip January 19, 2010 at 17:16 #

why jessica biel!!she has no sense of style,she looks like a man with her body,she is so ugly!!!to me if is on the cover is onnly to talk about her “precious” relationship with timberlake……i don’t like so much rihanna style,but i will always prefer her to biel’s style!!

9. Leo January 19, 2010 at 17:20 #

Another actress from the same “crowd” on the US Vogue cover? Can I hear “boring” please?

And what’s the concept behind this? I don’t get qhere the jeans part meets with the old-school glamour part. Worst cover shoot in years. And that Blake Lively one was terrible.

I would love to see a change on the women on the cover of Vogue. If they want celebrities why not Tilda Swinton, Helen Mirren?! Or Charlotte Gainsbourg, Christina Aguilera, Alexa Chung, Sandra Oh.

10. coco January 19, 2010 at 17:23 #

I totally agree with Tamia, why does she get a cover and Selma Blair and Thandie haven’t? Jessica Biel has never had a leading role and isn’t known in any way for dressing well. So why the hell is she on the cover?

• Marvel January 19, 2010 at 17:29 #

Well I suppose shagging JT gurantees you a cover. Shame really because as many have you said, its a wasted cover.

11. Joshua January 19, 2010 at 18:05 #

Fc , Did you know if Anna is on holiday or not ? please say yes !

12. Joanne January 19, 2010 at 18:07 #

Kudos to the person who was in charge of the phthoshop part of this photoshot.Biel is absolutely unrecognisable in these photos!

13. Laura January 19, 2010 at 18:08 #

I was bafled too when I saw it, this woman NEVER carried a film before, never gave a great performance, never had a big box office hit, in fact I hardly can name the films she was in. She is a straight B LIST, but she is a B list that sleeps with Timberlake so there you go.

She has the best PR team in Hollywood.

14. Chiara January 19, 2010 at 18:11 #

What I like the most about jessica Biel is her smile… Too bad we don’t see any of it in this editorial.

15. Joy January 19, 2010 at 18:59 #

Oh my. She has no place on the Vogue cover.

I’m a regular US Vogue buyer, but I don’t think I’ll be buying this one.

16. wilwarin January 19, 2010 at 19:06 #

i really don’t like her. and i think it’s time for Anna Wintour to step back, she’s losing it…

17. robbie January 19, 2010 at 19:31 #

beautiful!

but boring on the red carpet and boring in vogue. soooooo tragic!

18. Lisa January 19, 2010 at 19:40 #

Someone must have blackmailed Anna Wintour into putitng Jessica Biel on the cover. There’s no other reasonable explanation for this. And just look at the shoot! Besides the photo in the Oscar de la Renta dress, the photos are terrible and Jessica looks terrible. Its like a personal F U from Anna to whoever forced her to do this.
    No one can convince me otherwise :)

19. shoeaholic January 19, 2010 at 21:15 #

HAHAHAHAHA I laughed so hard when she was talking about Rihanna’s style!! Her style is like the opposite of Rihanna’s!

20. FF January 19, 2010 at 22:13 #

As a ‘style icon’, yes, Biel makes aabsolutely no sense but in the shoot they dressed her in uber glamour and the reworked Depression era trend which she’s actually a good choice to use to carry off because she can do both boyish and glam.

So I guess it was a kind of ironic wink the the Spring 2010 trends? I’d say Biel’s a good statement figurehead for that look for a month but I’m not going to pretend she’s that interesting a person in terms of personal style and interview.

I actually think Wintour’s displaying a canny sense of humour with her as a cover choice and within the actual editorial. Well, it makes me giggle a bit anyway. It’s Vogue’s ‘Recession/Depression concession’ shoot. Very 30s. I actually like it in a tangential way but that’s mainly because I think it’s a one off.

21. electra January 19, 2010 at 23:24 #

I like the video, but the photos turned out crap. Why is she on the Vogue cover? I guess the PR team behind her next two movies Valentine’s Day and The A-Team are in full force.

22. Sue Jin January 20, 2010 at 02:47 #

Oh! I love how she is channeling those Ralph Lauren looks! It really suits her.

I don’t know about this business about whether she is worthy of a vogue cover or not.. She does have a movie coming out… lol. & it IS interesting how she likes Rihanna style. I hope that she will take the good inspiration from her and try to be more daring and find her true style.

23. Willa January 20, 2010 at 04:53 #

Oh god, I think I actually really love that denim suit. D:

24. angie January 20, 2010 at 05:48 #

biel would be good in war movies / GI JOE….

25. Flutterbang January 20, 2010 at 07:28 #

Just thought I’d put in my two cents and say I agree with all of you. GAH!

26. Nikki January 20, 2010 at 13:31 #

Jessica Biel on the cover of Vogue? Why??

I find the cover uninspiring. This issue is definitely not something I would buy. And Ralph Lauren and Jessica Biel? No no no.

And seriously, what are they going to say? What it’s like dating Justin Timberlake?

27. Lala/S-R January 20, 2010 at 18:56 #

She looks great…for a change. But, goodness, I’m not a fan of denim on denim.

28. Natha January 20, 2010 at 21:43 #

We need Zoe Saldana on the cover…PLEASE VOGUE!