18.01.10

More From The Golden Globes Red Carpet

Penelope Cruz wore a Armani Privé Spring 2005 black gown with a mermaid tail.

I like the lace the detail around the bust a shoulder line but I’m a little bored by Penelope in black again.

I feel that she’s trying to channel her Spanish roots here but it somehow looks a little messy.

Glenn Close sparkled in this black Oscar de la Renta floor length Fall 2009 dress.

I just feel it isn’t special enough for the Globes.

The bust line of the dress and the bare shoulders make her arms look too muscular.

Rose Byrne wore a Lanvin Pre-Fall 2010 dress in a deep purple with a bow detail at the waist.

I’m glad Rose decided to wear the dress in this colour but I apart from that I’m left feeling a little bored.

Kate Hudson walked the red carpet in a Marchesa Bridal Spring 2010 gown with sculptured band bodice and bottom flared skirt.

I just can’t make you my mind about this. Part of me is thinking “what the hell?” and the other part doesn’t mind it so much.

I’ve never really got why stars wear bridal looks on the red carpet but I’m actually quite drawn to the sculpting on the dress.

The shoes are way too heavy though.

Jaime Pressly is shimmering in this Kevan Hall Spring 2010 dress with a split up one side.

I prefer this dress on the model as I feel that it has more of an impact against brunette hair.

I don’t think the champagne coloured clutch compliments this dress at all.

Jenna Fischer wore a dress from Halston’s Spring 2010 collection.

I like it but I don’t love it. I just can’t see how this dress is event appropriate. This is a star’s chance to shine and this dress is never going to deliver that moment.

Eva La Rue wore this Tadashi Shoji Spring 2010 cream crinkled chiffon gown with an illusion vine beading along the bodice.

I really like the lace cut out detail and the way it streamlines the star.

Eva’s hair and make up really make her glow.

Dianna Agron wore a Reem Acra Pre-Fall 2010 silk chiffon gown with silver embroidery.

The colour is a bit bit bland for me and fails to do anything for her.

The bust line is cute though and the shape of the gown is really sophisticated.

Sigourney Weaver wore a custom made emerald one-shoulder Hervé L. Leroux gown.

I love the gold jewellery against this green dress.

Sigourney really stands out on the red carpet for me and it is refreshing to see this colour amongst a see of rather bland dresses.

I love Maggie Gyllenhaal in this RM by Roland Mouret mermaid gown.

As FC knows I am bit fan of this colour and rather than wash Maggie out, I think it makes her glow.

I usually can’t get too excited about a mermaid gown but this shape is beautiful on Maggie.

A sleek up-do and pinky lips compete the look.

Jennifer Garner Atelier Versace spiral  nude and grey gown beaded with Swarovski crystals.

I can’t deceide how I feel about this colour on her.

It is understated elegance and the neckline adds an interesting touch to this dress.

I was waiting to be wowed  by Lea Michele in this Oscar de la Renta black gown but the moment never came.

Lea left me feeling a little underwhelmed and I’m not really sure why.

I think I was just waiting for some colour to brighten up a rainy night in LA.

Amy Adams wore an emerald green Carolina Herrera dress.

This green is such a great colour on Amy and is a styling tip that other red heads have worn on the red carpet.

Christian Louboutin Hyper Prive satin pumps complete the look.

I really love what the gold of the shoes and clutch bring to this look.

Jennifer Morrison wore a cream ruffled Louis Antonio gown.

I really like Jennifer in this dress and the plain waistband breaks up the ruffles and cinches her in.

Her hair and make up make me fall a little bit in love as both exude that Hollywood glamour that this red carpet is crying out for.

Heather Graham wore a black sequined Elie Saab dress with black peep toe shoes and black clutch.

Note to celebrities: if you insist on wearing black at least add a pop of colour to your dress with accessories.

I do really like the tiered part to this dress though and the split to the thigh adds some sexiness that this look would otherwise be missing.

Melanie Laurent wore Ralph Lauren and I love the way this dress clings to her curves.

I’m not loving the black clutch at all and feel her hair and make up looks really lazy.

All in all, another disappointing red carpet moment.

Anna Paquin wore a floor length Stella McCartney gold embellished gown.

I think she looks beautiful here with fiancé and True Blood co star Stephen Moyer.

An Alexander McQueen Skull Clutch and Stella McCartney Fishscale Double Platform Sandals complete the look.

Click Here to see more from the 2010 Golden Globe Awards.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Wore Versace Better? Donatella Versace or Christina Aguilera

Who Wore Versace Better? Donatella Versace or Christina Aguilera

2010 Golden Globe Awards - Press Room

2010 Golden Globe Awards – Press Room

36 Responses to More From The Golden Globes Red Carpet

1. miwa January 18, 2010 at 10:48 #

I thought Melanie, Dianna and Anna looked amazing.

2. electra January 18, 2010 at 10:57 #

I like people like Anna Paquin taking a risk on the red carpet. She looked great.

About Kate Hudson, it’s like i’ve seen this dress on her before. Not a fan.

Jamie Pressly looked amazing. Jennifer Garner looked just okay, there’s something missing.

Heather Graham definately dissapointed after a few really good red carpet moments. Her hair was awfull and the dress didn’t fit right.

3. wilwarin January 18, 2010 at 11:02 #

well most of the girls look correct but i feel like there’s some spark missing in most of these dresses… I really love Anna Paquin and Dianna Agron’s dress but not on her, i think this dress is more brunette type of dress and not to think how amazing that dress would be on Marion Cotillard for example. I agree that emerald colour looks great on Amy Adams but i don’t like this dress on her, the shape seems to make her look like a housewife…
    If I had to chose which of these ladies I like most my vote would go to Eva La Rue for sure, that dress is divine and white is definitely Eva’s colour.

• wilwarin January 18, 2010 at 11:13 #

oops, i didn’t know that Amy Adams was pregnant, that’s explains strange fotting of the dress.

• Rose January 18, 2010 at 23:44 #

I think you’re absolutely right: Marion would have looked amazing in that dress Paquin is wearing.

4. Mel January 18, 2010 at 11:04 #

OMG the first think I thougth when i saw Lea Michele was “Why is the skirt of that dress trying to eat that poor girl?” I don’t like this dress the skirt is out of proportion.

I love Kate Hudson, Eva La Rue, Jennifer Morrison and Anna Paquin, but I’m not sure about Paquin’s shoes.

I think the problem with Dianna’s dress is that it makes her look younger than she alrready look, for me it’s like see a little girl in a woman’s dress.

Am I the only who thinks in Rechel Weisz when looks at Maggie dress? You know for her dress in the 2006 GG.

• Mel January 18, 2010 at 11:06 #

I forgot. Anna is carryin an Alexander McQueen Skull Clutch and the Stella McCartney Fishscale Double Platform Sandals

• Sophie January 18, 2010 at 11:27 #

Thanks for the heads up!

5. YSLGirl January 18, 2010 at 11:05 #

When you see these boring outfits, it makes you think what a boring red carpet event, but Diane and Chloe’s outfits were enough to make me happy.

Sigourney, Anna and Maggie are the standouts on this page for me. Surprisingly, I’m not bored with Penelope’s dress, but it’s not exactly exciting.

6. hache January 18, 2010 at 11:07 #

dianna look amazing
    jennifer garner look really cute
    i dont like penelope

7. ahot January 18, 2010 at 11:15 #

thanks for the incredible work you guys have done last night, so we can enjoy the pictures today!
    i think Kate wore this bridal dress

1.she has a secret desire to get married – again
    2. it’s a desperate cry for attention – did she have a movie she was nominated for?
    3. because of the design -i would have; but she ruins everything with the ugliest dragqueen heels i’ve seen in awhile.
    all in one it was a great night, picking the best dressed will be a piece of work.
    btw, have you seen Jennifer Aniston? forever boring award imao

• Sophie January 18, 2010 at 11:26 #

Glad you’re enjoying the pics. FC worked like a trooper through the night to cover the event! :)

8. nicky January 18, 2010 at 11:35 #

was quite disappointed by penelope and kate. both predictable dresses….kate’s dress looks similar to the one she wore to the nine london premiere.

dianna looks lovely although its a bit boring…
    as for lea’s dress…its a dress thats been done and seen before. penelope did it best and im getting tired of people wearing those dresses agai

9. CreoleLady January 18, 2010 at 11:41 #

Rose Byrne and Sandra Bullock demonstrate how luscious purple can be an the red carpet. If handled wrong, purple can be so very Barney. Both women look outstanding.

10. sydneycheapchic January 18, 2010 at 12:20 #

I actually thought the ladies did well this year… Loves (and this is just the ones i remember):
    Maggie G, Drew, Diane K, Sandra, Nicole, Meryl, Sigourney, Anna P, Jennifer Morrison, Ginnifer, Emily Blunt, CAmeron.. and I’m sure theres more that i’ve just forgotten. so yeah.. ALOT!

Only disappointments and mostly because i was expecting more from them: Carrey M, Jennifer Garner, Marion C..

There was others that i thought.. totally inappropriate but i don’t care enough about them that it matters,

11. Elise January 18, 2010 at 12:52 #

I hate Penelope’s hair, she disappointed me a lot recently.
    I love Jennifer Morrison, Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams, they are all stunning

12. Jennifer January 18, 2010 at 14:02 #

FC and Sophie – Thank you both so much for your hard work and dedication in bringing us these looks.

Jennifer Garner is wearing a great Altier Versace. I love her in it, but have issues with her hair in the straight on pictures.

Thanks for showcasing Maggie. I agree that the color of her dress makes her glow.

I also love Jennifer Morrison. Her dress is just so interesting!

Caroline Herrerra and Amy Adams is a great combo, and she mixes it up more than a certain blonde we know of who can’t get enough of sweetheart necklines.

I agree that Kate and Penelope don’t do much for me.

I liked Lea’s dress and jewelry, dislike Dianes. I’m still missing Jane Lynch, who wore a beautiful green gown and looked incredibly feminine!

Again, thank you two for all your hard work!!!

13. The One January 18, 2010 at 14:16 #

I think the Kate Hudson dress might be unfairly judged, when i first looked at it too i thought, hmm odd choiuce, but i was intrigued by how different it was, but then again i also realised, maybe the dress has a train and she was holding it up behind her, considering how iced white it is, and she didnt want it to drape and get wet/dirty – so FC do you have more pics of this dress to see if this is the actual shape of the dress or if Kate is holding the train up? I really wanna like this dress…

14. mm January 18, 2010 at 14:20 #

My win for this group is Maggie Gyllenhaal she is glowing, she looks so gorgeous and i never get excited about her on the red carpet. I loved penelope’s hair and makeup, the dress was okay. Boring is Jennifer Garner, I dont like the dress or her hair. She is so girl next door no matter what she wears. I agree Kate Hudson as a bride was a big no, total wrong dress and shoe choice.

15. Thomas Monks January 18, 2010 at 20:09 #

where can i find the pictures of the Marchesa bridal collection, I have a friend who is getting married and i am styling her and would love to see the rest of the collecton

• Fashion Critic January 18, 2010 at 20:22 #

there’s some on WWD

16. Laura January 18, 2010 at 22:22 #

I think Penelope looks a bit too Spanish funeral. I wish Glen’s dress was more fitted than she wears it. The color of Rose’s dress is great, and I like the simplicity of it. I feel like we’ve seen that Marchesa top many times before Kate wore it. And I wish she’d let the train trail her instead of holding it.

Jamie looks washed out in that dress. With the blousson gown and lack of make-up, I could’ve sworn Jenna Fisher was Angelina Jolie. Yawn. I wish Eva’d worn the dress in color as I think it looks too bridal now.

I really wanna yank Dianna’s dress up a bit. The green and draping really flatter Sigourney. Maggie looks fantastic. I think the secret weapon to her dress is her blue eyes as they sparkle with the color of the dress.

I don’t like how Jennifer Garner’s dress looks like it’s made out of jersey fabric. I actually like Lea in this dress. If it would’ve been in any kind of bold color, I think it would’ve been too much.

Amy looks glowing and beautiful. I just wish she didn’t match her bag and shoes. I think it’s sweet how Jennifer Morrison got the dress as a gift from her boy toy, and she looks elegant in it. Heather Graham really needed some form of color.

I don’t like the geometric boob area of Melanie’s look. Anna’s dress looks too much like an art project for me.

• mm January 18, 2010 at 23:31 #

Laura you made me LOL about the spanish funeral and art project comments

17. jennifer January 18, 2010 at 22:34 #

I love Spain and I love penelope cruz because she is the best but I think so she must wear another colour… she is really amazing

18. Amelia January 18, 2010 at 23:10 #

Something that really bothered about this year’s Golden Globes was the amount of gowns that were very similar to others used by different celebrities on past occasions. Penélope’s reminded the one Cate Blanchett has previously worn on the Golden Globes (in fact, she would have been my worst dressed had it not been Jennifer Morrison). Rose’s reminded me of the plum gown Amy Adams wore to last year’s SAG Awards (only Amy’s was much better, imo). Kate Hudson’s gow was practically a longer version of a dress Olivia Wilde wore recently (apart from that, the way she was holding half of the dress was terrible, not very elegant at all). Jennifer Garner’s gown reminds of the one worn by Charlize Theron to ‘the Burning Plain’ premiere at Venice Film Festival, although she looks great, I should say. Maggie Gyllenhaal, Anna Paquin and Jennifer Morrison were all dreadful, especially Jennifer. What the HELL was that dress?

• Fashion Critic January 18, 2010 at 23:16 #

Interesting you should say that because I got de ja vu from Lea Michele Oscar de la Renta and Amy Adams this at the same event last year.

I also got djv with Maggie G and Cameron Diaz’ pink Chanel Couture gown.

• Marvel January 18, 2010 at 23:44 #

The oscar da la renta dress was very similliar to Amy’s last year. Amy Adam’s probably had a chuckle, thinking been there done that!

• Amelia January 18, 2010 at 23:57 #

true… do you know when will the Baftas happen?

19. mol January 18, 2010 at 23:18 #

Wow – I’m glad I circled back to p. 2 – love Anna P. and Jennifer Morrison’s make-up (less her dress), disappointed in Lea M once I see this pix, she looks swamped by the skirt (but I still think she’s a welcome addition to the red carpet, just a little fine tuning needed!), hate Kate’s shoes, but not her dress and I agree with the One, that she looks like she’s holding a train in a big bunch on her right side. Thank god for your exhaustive coverage FC!!

20. Rose January 18, 2010 at 23:36 #

Thank goodness to Jennifer Morrison and Kate Winslet for bringing some old Hollywood glamour to the red carpet. Rose looks pretty too, but more in a forest nymph kind of way. Jennifer Garner looks great as well, but she’d have knocked it out of the park if her hair was put up.

21. zoe January 19, 2010 at 02:39 #

i think penelope looks great, and i wish kate hudson would have worn different shoes. she looks amazing but then when i get to the shoes i want to hurl.

22. Ashley January 19, 2010 at 05:20 #

My favs out of this bunch – Maggie, Anna, and Melanie…..Penelope’s skin looked way too orange. And Jenna Fischer’s dress just made me think, Angelina Jolie been there, done that already Jenna…..

23. Ksenia January 19, 2010 at 08:30 #

Jennifer and Anna looks breathtaking. Great dress choices.

24. gasp January 20, 2010 at 16:15 #

What about Elisabetta Canalis? She wore an amazing Giorgio Armani dress & Ferragamo clutch!

25. Fiona January 22, 2010 at 00:09 #

I think Jennifer Garner looks 10 years older than she should – nice dress … if you’re Glenn Close or someone older. We’ve seen versions of this dress for years now, I’m surprised at Rachel Zoe.

26. Sandra January 22, 2010 at 18:40 #

Jennifer Morrison looked simply breathtaking – hairstyle and make-up are perfect! Really classy for an event like this! And the lovely story behind her dress made me fall in love with her dress. It’s not her best (remember the red one from the last Emmys? WOW!), but still beautiful!