18.01.10 Worst Dressed

2010 Golden Globe Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
I never liked this Zac Posen Resort 2010 dress on the runway, and I’m sorry to say but I think it’s even worse on Tina Fey.

The print is quite garish and I just hate this awkward length on the skirt.

The only thing I did like were her nude satin Christian Louboutin bow T dorect peep toe d’orsay heels.

Most Predictable Award
We get it, we get it Mariah Carey.

You’ve got big boobs, but must show them off at every occasion?

I did applaud Mariah’s attempt become more sophisticated on the red carpet, but she’s slowly slipped back to tackyville.

Next time please cover up the twins and try to discover what demure and sophisticated means.

Inappropriately Dressed Award
Perrey Reeves looks great in her black and teal Herve Leger dress, but it’s NOT event appropriate.

Had it been a gown it would’ve worked better for me, but this dress was way to casual.

I Guess You Couldn’t Be Bothered To Dress Up Award
Julia Roberts wore a very simple black knee-length vintage YSL dress.  So simple it bored me to tears.

OK the necklace jazzes it up a bit, but I can’t help feeling that her poor stylist had to fight to get her to wear it.

She carried a Christian Louboutin clutch.

Most Disappointed Award
The one person I was looking forward to seeing on this red carpet was Carey Mulligan.

Unfortunately I wasn’t wowed by her navy and black organza Nina Ricci Spring 2010 modified gown.

I think the runway version is way more interesting with the asymmetrical neckline and the lace skirt.

Her look was completed with Fred Leighton jewels.

Worst Supported Award
For someone who’s spent a lot of time promoting bra’s I was very surprised at Heidi Klum’s lack of support in her ice blue Roberto Cavalli dress.

Too Sombre Award
Maybe it was the weather but I just wasn’t feeling the lack of colour in January Jones’ look.

Normally she wears lots of bright colours, but it was  her black Lanvin gown really gave me the blues.

I also really disliked that heavy black headband.

Click Here to see more from the 2010 Golden Globe Awards.

Credit: Style.com, Getty & Wireimage

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen - 'Inside Llewyn Davis' New York Film Festival Premiere

Carey Mulligan In Alexander McQueen – ‘Inside Llewyn Davis’ New York Film Festival Premiere

2010 Golden Globes Awards - Best Dressed

2010 Golden Globes Awards – Best Dressed

27 Responses to 2010 Golden Globe Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Diana January 18, 2010 at 05:38 #

I couldn’t agree more with these

2. Martin January 18, 2010 at 05:40 #

I am largely in agreement with your picks here Fashion Critic, although I think that the problem with the Zac Posen was not so much the dress, but the woman wearing it. The model looks fabulous in it, but Tina unfortunately can’t pull of such an adventurous look. Carey Mulligan was a slight disappoinment, but she didn’t necessarily look bad. I think she struggles with floor length gowns to tell you the truth.

3. mm January 18, 2010 at 05:44 #

Tina Fey holding that umbrella just reminded me of Mary Poppins. I so agree with everyone on your list. It was sad when one of the host on E TV said Mariah brought out her two golden globes right to her face. Husband standing right there, she wants to be tacky to the core. Julia was beyond disappointing to me especially when so many put so much effort in getting dressed.

• mm January 18, 2010 at 05:49 #

It is sad that headband ruin January’s dress. The back of the dress was gorgeous. The headband just made the look to severe and it was distracting for me.

4. ben January 18, 2010 at 05:46 #

Oh god, Heidi Klum was my NUMBER ONE worst dressed. It just looked so tacky, and that clutch looks like something Suri Cruise would have..

5. tai'tiana January 18, 2010 at 05:49 #

heidi klum’s boobs looked bad …know we can see how much of a real woman she is.

6. Jennifer January 18, 2010 at 05:51 #

I really dislike Tina’s look.

I saw Mariah and said, “Tacky, Tacky, Tacky.”

I saw Julia and said “Black… again?!”

Carey I’m on the fence about. I wish it wasn’t such a dark navy.

Heidi’s make up scares me. I mostly like the dress.

January has worn more fun pieces than this, though thank goodness that the Lanvin kept it’s shape. But you’re right, too dark and sombre.

I am so, so curious to who is on your best dressed list. And if you have an “On the Fence” List. There were a lot of actresses that showed up in some rather fantastic choices!

7. Catherine January 18, 2010 at 05:52 #

i think carey mulligan look is nice but it was a bit disappointing – i guess I was hoping for something a little more adventurous or unique… hopefully she’s just warming up… i liked january jones’ look – i thought it was suitably dramatic…

8. Martin January 18, 2010 at 05:53 #

Okay, you’ve just added January Jones to the list as Too Sombre and I can’t agree with that one unfortunately. I thought it was beautifully done, chic and understated but still interesting. She was one of my best dressed of the night.

• gg January 18, 2010 at 07:18 #

agree. loved the draping on the shoulder.

9. Teleholic January 18, 2010 at 06:23 #

That was fast lol. I wish Carey Mulligan had worn the runway version of this dress that I fell in love with, it would have made a world of difference. Thanks for putting these up so quickly, I’m impressed :D

10. molly January 18, 2010 at 06:23 #

I would counter that for once Tina Fey looks like she wants to be seen, like she’s trying to dress up and be present rather than having her gown fade into the background. It’s not basic unadorned black and it’s a risk for her – for that I commend her. I think that given her predictable and dull previous choices, this is a step in the right direction.

11. Laura January 18, 2010 at 06:42 #

So far agree. I think Carey looks gorgeous, but I understand your dissapointment. Hoping to see one or two more people on here…saw some brief glimpses of some gowns that I just didn’t like.

12. Julia January 18, 2010 at 07:42 #

I can understand your disappointment with Carey, but she doesn’t really strike me as the kind to wear a really glitzy dress (for example what Anna kendrick wore) so I think this was a good choice for her, (although having seen the runway version I think she could’ve pulled that one off). Plus I thought her headband was really cute. All the others I pretty much agree, although if anything I’m more disappointed with January Jones – she looks great in colour!

13. MEME January 18, 2010 at 08:01 #

Tina Fey…….. No Ma’am……. It was too much dress for that pattern…… and normally I love Zac Posen…. but no…….

But I will have to disagree wit’ January Jones….. I actually liked this piece…… wit’ the structual detail on the shoulder…. she could’ve done wit’ out the headband though……..

14. nicky January 18, 2010 at 08:09 #

pretty much agree with everyone on the list. january jones was a disappointment. she looked like she was going to attend a funeral! her makeup made it worse!

15. wilwarin January 18, 2010 at 08:40 #

i agree with you on everything, i love january’s dress, it’s really beautiful, but what kills it is her make up and that thing on her head.

16. robbie January 18, 2010 at 09:49 #

tina, the dress is beautiful but it just needs a certain person to wear it and tina just is not that woman.

mariah, i cant wait for the day til this skanks boob get saggy and she might start covering them up. its skanks like her that makes me wish herve leger would get shut down.

perrey, it looks like she just came straight for lunch with the girls. way too casual.

julia, i think she actually looks good but i dont think anything she wears will ever top that valentino dress she wore to the oscars a few years ago.

carey, the only dislike i have is it seems a bit low at the bust would have been good if she pulled it up a bit more.

heidi, for a woman who is a victoria secrets model and always goes on about supporting the twins on project runway she really has to take her own advice. not to mention that dress looks like some hideous 80s barbie doll dress.

january, who died? she looks like she is going to a funeral.

17. adrien January 18, 2010 at 10:55 #

I like Julia Roberts there!
    Very Olsen!
    I think the necklace is amazing and the look, even if it is quite boring for GG, I think she looks gorgeous!

18. Elise January 18, 2010 at 12:55 #

The Lanvin Spring 2010 collection is one of my favorite, and I hate the version of January Jones dress. It looks much better on the runway.

19. Laura January 18, 2010 at 12:59 #

Carey actually loked very cute, I loved her dress and that tiara was so adorable in her short hair. I think this is my favorite look from her. But I cant understand why you didnt loved.

20. The One January 18, 2010 at 14:27 #

oh dear Mariah, LOL, well she’s looked better, this is certainly not the worst, I can still find ways of liking it, lol.

21. Vera January 18, 2010 at 18:42 #

Although I hate this Nina Ricci collection, I like Carey’s look. Great that her dress is different from the runway version.

22. Laura January 18, 2010 at 22:06 #

Bold Print + A-Line = TACKINESS. Yuck. When I first saw her, I thought she was Sarah Silverman. Is it just me or have I seen Mariah Carey in something similar before? I think it was Zac Posen. Too much of anything is not a good thing, Mariah.

Perry gave me an “Amanda Bynes” feel. Me no likey. Julia Roberts looks like she’s arriving for an interview on a late night show. I don’t mind Carey’s look, but I agree it could’ve been more.

Heidi, for a woman who preaches proper support on Project Runway, you really should take your own advice. With the umbrella and everything, I swore January was acting in a funeral scene. That look is way too depressing.

23. Amelia January 18, 2010 at 23:37 #

Agree with all the choices apart from January. I disliked her headband too, but this picture is not making her dress any justice, it was really beautiful. I don’t know why, but I was secretly expecting Julia Roberts to blow me away, which of course didn’t happen (well, I’ll never lose hope). Careu has a greeeat disappointment, since I expected anything but this boring look from her. Heidi Klum looks absolutely ridiculous, how dare she complain about anything on Project Runway.

24. whitestroke January 20, 2010 at 21:57 #

Agreed with everything.

I LOVE that Zac Posen dress. One of my favorites from Resort 2010. But sooo not for Tina. Conservative, simple and boring suits her the best. She’s a comedian, but ironically not the woman for this. I almost CRIED when I saw she ruined this dress for me. I was like WHY LIFE?
    I don’t think I ever saw anyone look in Herve Leger better than Perrey Reeves here. But SO not for this kind of event.
    Carey should have gone for the full-on runway version of that Nina Ricci dress. She could pull it off. This just looks like she played it safe, which is disapponting. I though she’s more fashion daring than that.
    That Lanvin dress does NOT work as a gown at all. January looks like she’s going to a fancy-dressed funeral.

25. Alena August 9, 2010 at 20:21 #

I absolutely love Tina Fey’s shoes, they’re really cute. I love the bow! But the dress looks so odd on her..And there’s really no need for the umbrella. Yeah, she DOES resemble Mary Poppins. Lol.
    Heidi Klum’s dress is gorgeous. Had she worn a better bra, it would’ve looked a lot better.
    Mariah, Mariah. Gosh, would it kill her to cover up a little more? We’ve seen it so many times before.