16.01.10

NY Times Style Magazine’s Pre-Golden Globe Awards Party

Last night Zoe Saldana, Diane Kruger, Anna Kendrick and Julianne Moore all attended this party in the same looks from the Critic’s Choice Awards, so here is a look at what the rest of the guest wore.

I usually don’t go gaga over Chloe Sevigny, but I love her in this Christian Dior Spring 2010 chiffon print dress with flutter sleeves.

Sometimes I think Chloe tries a little too hard to be cool all the time, so I love is that she doesn’t over accesorize the look nor wear a leather jacket with it.

With her thick black tights and strappy peep-toe sandals Sofia Coppola wore a Marc Jacobs tulle rainbow paillette dress from the Resort 2010 collection.

The black tulle overlay dress which we’ve seen on Fergie at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards , is embellished with colorful sequins.

Amber Heard was one of my favourites at this event.

The gorgeous blonde actress wore an Alexander McQueen mini dress from the Fall 2009 collection, which is instantly recognisable by the unique print.

Black peep-toes and a white clutch complete the look.

As usual there’s no daylight between Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise.

Back up buddy so we can get a better look at Katie’s knitted black Lyell dress which are paired with Givenchy ankle boots.

Katie seems to have a thing for wearing a dress which exposes her bra.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Was The Best Dressed At The Critic’s Choice Awards?

Who Was The Best Dressed At The Critic’s Choice Awards?

Blog Lovin'

Blog Lovin’

14 Responses to NY Times Style Magazine’s Pre-Golden Globe Awards Party

1. wilwarin January 16, 2010 at 15:39 #

i’m not fan of Chloe Sevigny either… she’s trying too much in my opinion but in this case i admit she looked really beautiful… others were nothing special for me…

2. Laura January 16, 2010 at 15:45 #

I like Chloe’s dress, but I think she needed to switch up her make-up for this dress. The red lips are too rouge for me. I don’t like the fit on Sophia’s dress and the tights ruin some of the effect of the dress.

I love Amber’s look. It does a nice job of marrying edge with sophistication. With the leather jacket and tight, exposing dress with tights, Tom and Katie look like they are trying way too hard to be the “cool kids.” Not working.

3. perperuna January 16, 2010 at 15:55 #

I would give Tom Cruise 1000 $ to zipp up his jacket! Why is he wearing so tight clothes lately?

4. Alyazia January 16, 2010 at 16:29 #

Im loving how this CD collection is turning up on the red carpet, marion & chloe were all gorgeous last night ..

5. Terry January 16, 2010 at 17:00 #

I love Sofia Coppola’s movies, but not so much her style. Ok, she always wears Marc Jacobs for all the reasons we all know, but why does she look so washed out all the time?

Thanks for the updates at the week-end! You usually don’t post anything on Saturdays, so it’s good to read something new today.

6. mol January 16, 2010 at 18:52 #

Unlike some of you, I don’t feel like Chloe S. ever tries too hard – she has been making great appearances for a long time now and for me, she always gets the balance right, whether it’s a quirky outfit or something more classical and pretty as in her Dior dress here.

I also love Amber Heard dress, just not so much her in it – just my own reaction….

7. Marvel January 16, 2010 at 19:21 #

Katie wore a black woven Lyell dress and Givenchy peep-toe shoes.

• Fashion Critic January 16, 2010 at 19:45 #

thanks Marvel

• Marvel January 16, 2010 at 20:02 #

Always happy to help :)

8. mari January 16, 2010 at 22:11 #

the dress amber wore looks beautiful on her. Sevigny seems to have a quirky personality that goes well with her dress chioces, tos too sugary. I love the one she’s wearing, and I don’t usually care about her.
    The cruises… ugh. He tries too hard, and she sometimes gets better. I think she likes to show her bra to distract the attention from her heavy legs n shorter dress. Sometimes that is too noticeable in pics, specially when she gets too thin on her upper body.

9. Rosie January 16, 2010 at 22:52 #

I think I’ve developed a girl crush on Amber just from that outfit.

10. SkirtTheIssue January 17, 2010 at 00:28 #

I love how Chloe is carrying a rose- though I do wonder how she managed a drink with her hands so full!

I like Kati in this outfit, but urgh, not the skivvied, leathered dude next to her…

Amber looks very glam, I loved that McQueen collection, I just wish the dress was a tad shorter on her maybe- it’s a bit of a matronly length?

11. Cleopatra January 17, 2010 at 13:06 #

Katie’s lop sided grin bugs the s*** out of me.

12. whitestroke January 18, 2010 at 00:25 #

I love Sofia and Chloe. They both look cute.

Sorry to say but Katie looks crap for her age. There are 40-year-olds in Hollywood that look better than her.