The 9th Annual Awards Season Diamond Fashion Show Preview

Last year we saw Demi Moore wearing this Chanel Spring 2010 cute mini tulle dress on the set of her Harper’s Bazaar shoot, but it’s Rachel Bilson who’s brought it to the red carpet.

The actress looks cute enough wearing this baby-doll dress, but both the hair and make-up look the exact the same as the daily candids of her collecting her dry cleaning and shopping around Hollywood.

Shout if you think this is a BDOTW contender, because I think there’s been far better candidates.

Olivia Wilde wore an Alberta Ferretti Spring 2010 dress which had been lengthen from the runway.

I think – know – she should could have pulled of the shorter version with her gorgeous legs, so part of me feels tad disappointed.

I love the dress itself with the contrasting colours and textures.

It’s very event appropriate.

Her look was completed wearing a pair of Jimmy Choo Nova sandals from the 24/7 collection and a matching snake-skin clutch.

Ashley Greene – I believe – is the first celeb to wear a Pre-Fall 2010 look on the red carpet, which only prove how much being taken seriously in the fashion world.

The Twilight star wore a pale lemon J.Mendel Pre-Fall 2010 dress with a sheer yoke, pleated bodice and a draped detail cascading from the waist.

I love the dress and the colour is divine on her, but I really dislike the matchy matchy colour of the clutch and earrings.

Champagne peep-toes complete the look.

I adore Jenna Dewan’s Paule Ka Spring 2009 sweetheart strapless dress with blush brush stroke details.

I love the volume on the runway picture, which also shows us that the dress has a solid black back panel.

The matchy matchy nature of her heels works better for me than it did on Ashley.

Lisa Edelstein pops up every now and then on the red carpet, and every now and then I say wow.

This is one of those wow moments.

Her Emilio Pucci Resort 2010 dress is exquisite.

The embellished details around the empire-waist stop it from looking very “St Tropez”.

Had BDOTW not been so packed should would’ve been in contention.  I might try to squeeze her in.

Lake Bell flashes a rare smile at this event. Maybe she was promised some diamonds *winks*

The gorgeous actress who still looks stunning with minimal make-up arrived wearing a black and white strapless Lyn Devon Fall 2009 belted dress.

Black patent pumps and a white clutch completed the look.

As cute as Dianna Agron looks in her peachy dress. It’s a bit to Disney for my taste.

Her gold criss cross heels are from Bally.

[nggallery id=284]

Credit: Style.com, London Features & Wireimage

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

"The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry" Press Conference

“The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry” Press Conference

20 Responses to The 9th Annual Awards Season Diamond Fashion Show Preview

1. Koka January 15, 2010 at 12:59 #

I think Rachel looks fab in that Chanel dress, definitely BDOTW contender)

• Victoria January 15, 2010 at 13:18 #

I agree! :)

2. Ira January 15, 2010 at 13:05 #

You forgot to put a tag of Diana Argon

Paule Ka dress is a cute one)

3. Louise January 15, 2010 at 13:27 #

I agree re. Rachel. The Chanel dress is stunning but her casual hair and make-up detracts.
    Ashley looks gorge and I rather like Dianne’s dress too, but I do love pastels and lace.

4. Ally January 15, 2010 at 13:31 #

This has been such a well dressed week and these ladies are no exception. They all look wonderful. Lisa’s look is my favorite b/c that blue is electric on her.

5. mimi January 15, 2010 at 13:48 #

Wow what a well dressed event. My favorite is Dianna Agron. But it think a brunette lady would pull that dress better.

6. Elise January 15, 2010 at 14:14 #

Rachel looks amazing, I love that dress.
    All the women look good.

7. Chloe January 15, 2010 at 14:18 #

In case you were wondering Lake Bell is wearing Lyn Devon.

• Fashion Critic January 15, 2010 at 14:30 #

thanks so much. You’ve put this designer on my radar x

8. Flutterbang January 15, 2010 at 14:22 #

If only Dianne’s dress were baby blue, then she’d look just like Belle from Beauty & The Beast :D Very pretty dress, but I agree, just a bit Disney.

And loving Jenna’s shoes :O

9. wilwarin January 15, 2010 at 15:31 #

they all look really nice… it’s shame that rachel killed that beautiful dress with her hair and make up… just different hairstyle would be enough.

10. Vaness January 15, 2010 at 15:50 #

i heard perrey reeves was at this event too. could you feature her in the future? she always wears such gorgeous cocktail dresses

11. Belen Sanchez January 15, 2010 at 16:07 #

Definitely Rachel Bilson with this fabulous Chanel SS10 and Diane Kruger in Karl Lagerfeld are the best contenders for the BDOTW!

12. Danielle January 15, 2010 at 17:25 #

Though it’s one of my favorites from the 2010 Spring collection, I don’t think Rachel’s Chanel dress is BDOTW worthy. For me, she lets the dress down with the frumpy, just-out-of-bed hair and those hideous shoes. I agree with you that there are many other this week who brought their A-game.

13. hache January 15, 2010 at 17:39 #

ashley is BDOTW
    I love this look

14. NinaDK January 15, 2010 at 19:50 #

Rachel should def be on the best dressed list .. The dress is beautiful

15. Laura January 16, 2010 at 04:17 #

I love Jenna’s and Lisa’s looks. Jenna’s got an edge to her, and Lisa definitely got it right.

I also liked Friday Night Light’s actress Minka Kelly’s look. It was very fab.

16. Sue Jin January 17, 2010 at 05:34 #

That Lyn Devon dress is pretty! But I didn’t like the belt she used for it. I love that Paula Ka dress, it’s sooo simple and pretty. Even with a change of hairstyle Rachel could have looked better. Shes missing the wow facter.

17. Kaylie January 17, 2010 at 21:42 #

Hey FC! I dont know if you care about this or not, but I just thought I’d let you know…
    I visit your site every day, and I sometimes also visit some Twilight fansites… so today I was on ashleygreene.net , and whoever runs that site did a write up about Ashley’s look from this event… and I felt like I’d read it before…… so I came back to check your site, and she/them/whoever lifted everything that you said about Ashley’s look, word for word, except when you said “I dislike the matchy-matchy colour of the clutch and earrings,” they changed it to “I like the matchy-matchy…” etc. It made me laugh.

• Fashion Critic January 17, 2010 at 21:53 #

LOL. they say “imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”

I’ve seen that happen many times before.