Runway To Wallpaper* Design Awards – Apphia Michael In Viktor & Rolf

Apphia Michael (PA & Office Manager) from Wallpaper* magazine wore one of the stunning asymmetrical tulle pieces from the Viktor & Rolf Spring 2010 collection, to the Wallpaper* Design Awards in London last night.

I was sure we would only ever see these pieces in editorials, so kudos to Apphia for taking on this grand piece.

Apphia swept her long hair over one shoulder which totally covered the half bodice. I think she should have kept her hair behind her shoulders. Why cover a single inch of this creation?

Viktor & Rolf pieces are usually worn by the likes of Roisin Murphy, so it’s nice to finally see it on the red carpet.

Lady GaGa wore one of the shorter pieces in her recent Elle editorial, but it was Katy Perry who first wear a dress from this collection when she presented the MTV EMAs last year.

Credit: Style.com, Lady GaGa & Wireimage

Olivia Palermo In Witchery - The Chadstone Runway Fashion Show

Olivia Palermo In Witchery – The Chadstone Runway Fashion Show

The 9th Annual Awards Season Diamond Fashion Show Preview

The 9th Annual Awards Season Diamond Fashion Show Preview

12 Responses to Runway To Wallpaper* Design Awards – Apphia Michael In Viktor & Rolf

1. wilwarin January 15, 2010 at 09:20 #

personally i think this kind of art pieces are not supposed to be worn, they are something for editorials and fashion shows… Apphia Michael is really brave to wear it on redcarpet but it really doesn’t do a thing for me…

• dressaddict January 15, 2010 at 15:07 #

I agree with you and I also I think that some of the pieces are actually worn in real life is because somenone wants to grab attention. Anyway, playing lady gaga can be done carefully, other wise people will oscillate between labeling you fashion forward or ridiculous.

2. shoeaholic January 15, 2010 at 10:19 #

Oh my gosh!! If there’s any room, can this be a candidate for BDOTW?! Amaaaaaazing, she must reallt have stood out!

3. Jasmine January 15, 2010 at 11:21 #

Had never heard of Apphia before, but clearly she is quite forward thinking when it comes to fashion. This dress is incredible and I think she wears it pretty well.
    Apphia has appeared on another fashion blog before looking incredibly stylish, but not quite so outlandish. What I want to know is where she got the cash for the dress. Definitely not from her salary as a PA and office manager at a magazine! Perhaps she is friends with some designers. I’m jealous, in any case.

• Fashion Critic January 15, 2010 at 11:48 #

I know I’m so jealous.

No one ever lent me a stunning dress when I was a PA.

Some girls get all the luck.

She must be a friend of the designers.

4. Alexandra January 15, 2010 at 11:58 #

Wow this is a creation! I think Apphia looks really great. I would love so much to see more Viktor&Rolf pieces on the red carpet. It’s a shame almost nobody has guts to wear them.

5. Anissa January 15, 2010 at 16:18 #

Wow did she put it on there? I’m trying to figure out what possible form of transportation one could take in that…

• Fashion Critic January 15, 2010 at 16:28 #

that’s what we were wondering.

We concluded that she must have changed at the venue.

6. Taylor January 15, 2010 at 20:37 #

why can’t celebrities be more avant-garde with their looks, as Apphia is here? fashion is art; this is a masterpiece. LBDs and trib twos just don’t make the cut.

• mol January 15, 2010 at 20:53 #

I agree completely – this is fashion which is memorable, not disposable; it calls up all kinds of emotions – it’s funny and endearing at the same time that it seems brave or even monumental – yet also curiously fragile too – I just love it.

7. dr January 15, 2010 at 22:52 #

She looks like she got stuck in the sky and then somebody cut her out with a pair of scissors. The left half of the dress is great, but the right half is hideous. Even on the runway. The dress with the big hole in it that Katy Perry wore was nice, but this is just too strange for daylight.

8. Joyce January 19, 2010 at 01:14 #

Woa…you are really so brave ! Fashion indeed, like an angel with clipped wings. However, kudos for your courage !

AEJ