Rihanna For W Magazine February 2010

Wearing the same Gucci Spring 2010 white cut-out dress which Jennifer Lopez wore to the AMA’s, Rihanna looks gorgeous on the cover of W’s February 2010 edition.

The rest of her editorial sees her wearing Michael Kors, Prada and Christian Dior.

Obviously the subject her ex-boyfriend Chris Brown comes up in the interview which she answers honestly. Plus she talks about her new album, having to mature at an early age and SNL’s comedy skit on domestic violence.

You can read the whole interview at WMagazine.com, but below are a few extracts.

On the tone of Rated R: “This was a different type of record for me. . . . It was really personal; it was from me in the most authentic way. It’s like a movie in that when I was making this album, every day I was in a different mood. Sometimes I was p*ssed off, sometimes I was miserable, and every song brings out a different story.!”

On her preternatural maturity: “I’ve been paying my own bills since I was 17, living in a foreign country. And I’ve always been a little older than my real age. People always said that to me, and I always felt that in my head”.

On SNL’s domestic violence skit: “Violence should of course be avoided at any cost, but Saturday Night Live is a show that finds humor in every serious situation, so it wasn’t offensive to me in any way”.

On how she handles herself after the assault: “At first I completely shut down. But now I feel like this happened to me so I could be a voice for young girls who are going through what I went through and don’t know how to talk about it. . . . It’s not about Chris, about hurting him or sabotaging his career. I don’t care about that part of it”.

On early signs of trouble with Chris: “There were control issues, insecurity. When people are insecure they become very controlling and they can get very aggressive and in turn abusive. It doesn’t have to be physical. Like they would say bad stuff to you to make you feel lesser than them just so they would have control in the relationship. It takes a big toll on your emotions and on your everyday life. It changes you”.

Credit: Style.com & W Magazine

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Constance Jablonski In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Who Wore Roland Mouret Better? Laura Bailey or Devon Aoki

Who Wore Roland Mouret Better? Laura Bailey or Devon Aoki

11 Responses to Rihanna For W Magazine February 2010

1. Weber from Brazil January 14, 2010 at 17:25 #

Oustanding photoshoot *-*
    but poor RiRi
    it’s really hard to move on….
    And I really support her,,,
    I already bought her album “Rated R”
    It’s a dark vibe but emotional
    and honestly, I so much prefer her previous cd Good Girl Gone Bad…
    anyway… love RiRi
    ♥

2. la poubelle January 14, 2010 at 17:39 #

she looks outstanding as per
    the blonde hair is growing on me

3. perfumeorpoison January 14, 2010 at 17:56 #

I don’t really like the photoshoot, it looks like something we’re used to seeing from Rihanna, I wish they tried something different for once.
    Plus I don’t really get that hat-like thing, what’s that??

4. Rock*Star January 14, 2010 at 18:02 #

love those photos. She’s so beautiful and exciting. Her style gets tougher and tougher. Totally love her!

5. Natalie January 14, 2010 at 19:08 #

I think this is one of her best photoshoots, absolutely STUNNING! The Christian Dior one really caught my eye!

6. Jared January 14, 2010 at 20:14 #

love or hate rihanna’s style… this shoot is incredible

7. Chiara January 14, 2010 at 20:56 #

I like it, but I feel the Prada dress looks too innocent/girly for her.

8. eighty January 14, 2010 at 21:16 #

i love Galliano, but i don’t care for that black Dior jacket. Saw it on the cover of Elle Russia (or was in Harper’s Bazaar?) and it was even worse. It photo’s cheaply. On the other hand I love the Gucci dress on the cover. The whole ss2010 collection was refreshingly crisp compared to former seasons. It’s been on some other Februarycovers as well (collection, not the dress).

9. Sue Jin January 15, 2010 at 02:11 #

Wow, its been a while since I liked how she looked… but the cover is amazing. She looks so fierce!

I think a lot of people forget how young some of these celebrities are…

10. Karla January 15, 2010 at 05:31 #

i love riri. i wish her the best and she looks amazing like always. but she should really stop putting on so many tattoos.

11. Rock*Star January 15, 2010 at 11:42 #

Sue Jin: Totally! I can’t believe she’s only 21! girls her age aren’t soo fierce like her. And to be honest, her style ages her imo. But, I think thats what she wants. She doesn’t like girly pieces as she once said.