14.01.10

Gary Barlow’s Wedding Anniversary Party

Take That singer Gary Barlow and his wife Dawn Barlow held a star studded bash at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in London’s Knightsbridge this week, to celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary.

Two member of Girls Aloud turned up to help him celebrate.

Cheryl Cole arrived wearing a body con Julian Macdonald scuba dress from the designers Spring 2010 collection.

I really love this dress on Cheryl, who stepped out with her footballer husband Ashley Cole.

I think that the sheer panels add some real sexiness to the dress, plus the peach is a nice contrast against the grey.

Cheryl has styled the dress with a By Malene Birger Mondi embellished felt necklace.

I’m not that hot on those gold Pierre Hardy shoes as I think they don’t do the silver tones of the necklace any favours at all.

Boyzone singer Ronan Keating was also there with his wife, model Yvonne Keating who towered over her husband in 6in Louboutin’s.

Yvonne was wearing a Victoria Beckham Peblum dress from the designer’s Spring 2010 collection, which we’ve previously seen on Blake Lively and Victoria Beckham herself.

I like this dress on Yvonne but I’m not crazy about the sheer tights. It’s still snowing in London so it kinda figures.

Singer and ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ winner Alesha Dixon was also there, braving the cold in a tiered white dress.

We’re used to seeing Alesha in frou frou style dresses and I must say, I don’t excatly hate this one.

I like the pop of colour her pink lipstick brings to the dress but wished she’d teamed it with a brighter clutch as well.

Fellow Girl’s Aloud member Kimberley Walsh arrived with her boyfriend Justin Scott.

Kimberley was wearing a sparkly body con mini dress with black tights.

Credit: Style.com & London Features

In Cheryl Cole's Closet - Julien Macdonald Dress & By Malene Birger Mondi Embellished Felt Necklace

In Cheryl Cole’s Closet – Julien Macdonald Dress & By Malene Birger Mondi Embellished Felt Necklace

"Sherlock Holmes" Madrid Photocall

“Sherlock Holmes” Madrid Photocall

17 Responses to Gary Barlow’s Wedding Anniversary Party

1. The One January 14, 2010 at 10:15 #

wow Yvonne Keating looks a knock out in that Victoria Beckham dress – pity about the boring shoe choice and the hosery.

• Naomi January 14, 2010 at 11:51 #

Also I don’t think this lipstick color does her any favors…

• The One January 14, 2010 at 12:45 #

LOL…how did i miss that, the lipstick is shocking!

2. Sophie January 14, 2010 at 11:11 #

Agreed!

3. Naomi January 14, 2010 at 11:48 #

I think the skin-colored patch on Cole’s dress looks very weird. I don’t get this dress at all.

4. Amber January 14, 2010 at 11:57 #

Does anyone know if Alesha Dixon’s dress is by Suzanne Neville? It looks similar to a black one she wore in Cosmopolitan last year…

5. robbie January 14, 2010 at 11:57 #

they all look like trash except yvonne to be honest, the only thing i like is cheryls shoes. i just wish yvonne didnt go for that purple lipstick very unflattering.

alesha, tutus are for girls or ballet dancers not grown women.

6. Karima January 14, 2010 at 12:10 #

Cheryl’s look is so so predictable and I really don’t like her new hairdo it makes her look much older and boring than she is. I might be mean but I am just tired of seeing her everywhere I go, she is on every single cover of magazine with her trademark smile that says “I know I’m so pretty” which she is true but she is sooooo overated, the girl has nothing to say!
    Kimberley looks nice, she’s got gorgeous curves, shame about the thights
    Alesha looks ridiculous, her look is so inappropriate
    Yvonne is the best dressed by a mile

7. Elaine January 14, 2010 at 12:22 #

anyone know where Kimberly’s dress is from – I think it looks amazing on her!

Cheryl’s shoe choice really lets the whole outfit down!

8. Amy January 14, 2010 at 14:26 #

I am going to have to disagree with the consenus here as I really like Yvonne’s lipstick. The plum/purple shade of lipsticks look gorgeous, they are something different and they really bring out her lovely blue eyes. I think she wears the VB dress even better than Blake.

Kimberley is gorgeous but she always looks cheap- I don’t know why though.

• Elaine January 14, 2010 at 15:58 #

I disagree – I think Kimberly always looks much more understated than the rest of girls aloud.

Agree with you about Yvonne Keating though – I think she looks amazing!!

• YSLGirl January 14, 2010 at 17:49 #

Yea, she does kind of look cheap. Nicola is far and away the best dressed member. I feel like she gets fashion.

9. Marvel January 14, 2010 at 15:58 #

As sooon as I saw this article it had the headline that Cheryl stole the show and she certainly did. She looks great but for me if she had worn silver strappies it would have looked to force to match it with her necklace, so I may be in the minority but I like her footwear. P.S I love Gary Barlow…

10. YSLGirl January 14, 2010 at 17:47 #

Cheryl Cole is such a bore. Now she has a stylist, we all have have to praise? She also tries too hard to be edgy.

11. robbie January 14, 2010 at 18:55 #

FC cheryls shoes are actually pierre hardy, they just posted that on the official pierre hardy facebook.

• Fashion Critic January 14, 2010 at 19:46 #

thanks Robbie x

• robbie January 14, 2010 at 20:46 #

youre welcome.

they are beautiful shoes, but i think she she had them in silver they would have looked better. but i would say that as i am in love with pierre hardy shoes, they could possibly take over my jimmy choo obsession.