“You Know You Want It” Publication Celebration

I’m split when it comes to Leighton Meester wearing this Louis Vuitton Spring 2010 ensemble.

I love the fact that she tried to make the look her own, but I also loved how this look was presented on the runway.

Her grey top and matching Balenciaga heels give this look a more grown up feel, whereas runway look has a cute girlie feel to it.

Of course I wouldn’t expect Leighton to wear this look with the stockings and clogs.

Yet I remain torn.

What are your feelings on this look?

When it comes to Blake Lively many of your comments contain the question “boobs or legs?”

On this occasion she put both away, but I’m sure many of you will notice that her bra is peeking out of her shirt.

Her look also consisted of a black Nonoo Lyons Fall 2009 tailcoat, what appear to be black shorts and Stella McCartney thigh-high perforated boots from the Fall 2009 collection.

Both girls sported different looks, but I think I prefer Blake’s as I feel like she put this look together herself.

Even when she wears an edgier designer Michelle Trachtenberg doesn’t falter from her prim lady-like look wearing a navy Rag & Bone Spring 2010 dress, with a silk bow tied around her waist.

Tights, black patent pumps, a Chanel clutch complete her look.

Just once I’d like to see her try an edgier look.

Jessica Szohr showed off her sexy Alice + Olivia LBD with mesh back to full effect.

A gold Hunting Season python clutch and black patent Alejandro Ingelmo heels complete the look.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

Runway To "Nine" Rome Photocall - Penelope Cruz In Dolce & Gabbana

Runway To “Nine” Rome Photocall – Penelope Cruz In Dolce & Gabbana

36 Responses to “You Know You Want It” Publication Celebration

1. Joy January 13, 2010 at 14:23 #

I prefer Leighton’s outfit to Blake’s and I also prefer Leighton’s styling to that on the LV runway. It’s young and it’s fun without being too crazy

2. Hayley January 13, 2010 at 14:24 #

Personally i’m a fan of Blake’s outfit, she looks edgy but some how classy. I think leighton should have gone without the jacket to show the dress of a bit more.

3. Hermione Weasley January 13, 2010 at 14:26 #

I think Leighton looks better. I don’t like the ensemble as it was presented on the runway, and I don’t like Leighton’s, but she somehow pulls it off really well. She looks like a doll! I really like the shoes though.

4. Victoria January 13, 2010 at 14:26 #

Personally I preferred Leighton’s look. And while I do agree with you about the runway look being more cute and girly I do like how Leighton is wearing it too. It’s still cute and I do like how she paired it. :)

5. Stuti January 13, 2010 at 14:31 #

Leighton. Simply because I love that her make-up is back to being normal and gorgeous, not wannabe rocker chick.

6. Jennifer January 13, 2010 at 14:47 #

Hmm… Leighton I am on the fence about in whether or not I actually like the whole look. Something about it is off for me. I love her hair and make up, and I love the shoes and the jacket… I think it’s the bright pink top that throws off this look for me actually.

Now for Blake – I really like this look, but she’s not giving us 100% – this is more like 75% Blake. Gone is the full confidence and I’m working it attitude that we saw at the end of last year in this picture (she might be storing up though for some big award ceremonies). But I do love her look as I think FC is right, she put it together herself and it looks good on her. I think her hair and makeup let her down.

• adrien January 13, 2010 at 15:03 #

I m not sure it s a top actually…. isn’t it the dress?

• Jennifer January 13, 2010 at 15:20 #

I don’t know, and I think that’s the problem. It’s a long bright pink shirt top that is modified from the runway and doesn’t particularly match the skirt and next to the darker pink-magenta. That is what doesn’t work for me.

7. wilwarin January 13, 2010 at 14:53 #

Leighton is beautiful girl but she’s trying too much to be so diferent from the blair waldorf and as result of that she looks ridiculous… this look i don’t really like, i adore skirt and her make up but the rest is just kind off… i really hate the jacket, i love the shoes but in different colour they would be better… too much grey is going on for me, and i’m missing some spark in this look…
    Blake Lively looks really nice… i don’t like these too long boots but in my opinion in this look they work perfectly… it’s really nice to see blake not showing too much once… and i’m in love with this long blaser or jacket, whatever it is…

8. Lily D rocks January 13, 2010 at 14:58 #

I’m not a fan of Leighton but I prefer her outfit .It’s more fun.

9. Katie January 13, 2010 at 15:23 #

Leighton looks cute and fresh
    LOVE, love high boots on Blake. Not keen to her look waist up through. But Blake wins tfor me, because this time she looks classy and not undressed

10. Anissa January 13, 2010 at 15:28 #

I’m a bit confused; so Blake is wearing a blazer, shirt and thigh high boots? Where is her skirt or shorts? Am I missing something here or is it really blending in?

11. Raquel January 13, 2010 at 15:31 #

None impress me, but they are okay.

12. Alice[*] January 13, 2010 at 15:34 #

Blake looks chic and a bit edgy,Leighton wears together a cute dress and a ugly jacket.I hate the hair.

13. eimear January 13, 2010 at 15:37 #

Blake by a mile. Leighton always tries waaay too hard, this is way too cutesy, and a bit of a mess.
    I’m biased cos I love Blake’s style she a classic dress down girl, she knows she could be the cutesy girl wearing mini skirts every second but she doesn’t, she picks beautiful classic looking pieces. Shes got a very grown up look.

14. Terry January 13, 2010 at 15:40 #

Leighton’s suede and mesh shoes are by Balenciaga.

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 15:59 #

thanks so much

15. Alyazia January 13, 2010 at 15:56 #

If blair went for something other than that grey top, or maybe left the shirt & skirt alone it wouldve been a major look for her,,
    As for Blake, luuuuuved the edgy-chic thing going on, its a look i’d luv to try without necessary going for designer items ..

FC, good luck next week, it will be jam-packed ;)

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 15:58 #

I know, I’m already tired thinking about it :D

16. Ally January 13, 2010 at 15:59 #

So wait, Blake isn’t wearing any form of pant/skirt??? That’s just not okay.

Leighton’s look is so close to being good, but the jacket is doing her no favors.

17. Dorian Gray January 13, 2010 at 16:14 #

I’d like to see this two glam girls wearing Versace SS 2010! They will rock!

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 16:32 #

I totally agree. Blake especially

18. Stella January 13, 2010 at 16:18 #

Leighton looks adorable but I don’t really like the jacket paired with this cute dress.
    NO PANTS bwaaaaah Blake is such an attention whore.

19. Roana January 13, 2010 at 16:22 #

Both outfits are so so.

I like Leighton’s styling as it’s not over the top. Had she worn the outfit like the runway then THAT would be just trying too hard. But she could have done better. I love the hair and makeup. She looks fresh.

I like Blake’s effort to be edgy and it’s definitely something different for her. And thank God no overexposure of boobs nor legs. But unfortunately it falls flat. It’s like she couldn’t bring the outfit to life. She needs to “work it”.

20. mol January 13, 2010 at 16:25 #

I like Blake here – this look really works for her

21. justme January 13, 2010 at 16:25 #

The original LV outfit is hurting my eyes lol. It needed to be toned down imo. And while I’m not convinced about the sheer grey jacket/top she’s wearing, I think she somehow pulls this look off.

I’m sure Blake put this look together herself and I’m not very impressed. I mean, it’s basically the same idea as on the runway. She just had the decency (thank you Jesus) of putting a shirt underneath her blazer.

I think both ladies look nice, not their best looks that’s for sure.

22. YSLGirl January 13, 2010 at 16:48 #

Leighton delivers. Best dressed worthy. I also hated the runway presentation.

While Blake Lively doesn’t look ‘trampy’, this look is sloppily put together. She once said that she hasn’t got a stylist and sometimes you can tell.

The other two are too boring to comment on.

23. SarahV January 13, 2010 at 17:49 #

I absolutely hate both Leighton and Blake’s looks!
    Jessica has the body to pull that off, so I think she looks okay.

24. Misha January 13, 2010 at 20:17 #

Blake’s jacket is by Nonoo Lyons and is from their F/W09 collection. It’s called the Karenina. http://www.nonoolyons.com

25. Dana Yartin January 13, 2010 at 20:28 #

Leighton looks good, but it feels a bit unbalanced. Don`t know how to explain it.

26. Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 20:59 #

thanks Misha.

27. Just Saying January 14, 2010 at 05:03 #

How can anyone be impressed but clothing no hand made by the wearer? I love Blake’s look on her. Very few women have the shape to wear those boots. I don’t like Leighton’s look. I really don’t care for LV clothing lately.

28. b January 14, 2010 at 05:39 #

I like Leighton’s look better. It’s not too cutesy like on the runway. For me, the grey jacket works perfectly with her pink outfit.

Blake’s look is waaay too safe and boring for the event. What she wears is practically the same of what I wear to work, or worse, doing some grocery. I want more effort.

Jessica looks nice for a change! Heard she borrowed that dress from Leighton!?

29. Flutterbang January 14, 2010 at 08:09 #

Leighton FTW, she looks cute and I love the grey

30. mallory January 14, 2010 at 12:27 #

I love Leighton’s look, it is so cool. I love that she took something from the runway and changed into her own outfit.

Not in awe over the Blake look, i think she’s had way better looks.

31. ioana January 14, 2010 at 15:32 #

I really hate the camisole that leighton is wearing with her ensamble.I think that a grey cardigan with a blue or teal belt wold have looked a lot better.
    I love everything about Blake’s look.I usually hate her for being too obvious ,she’s really pretty and she shouldn’s try so hard. I aldo have to disagree with all the praise that her legs are getting.I agree they’re long but they’re really fat over the knee and she should try to improve or hide that area.