‘Sherlock Holmes’ Berlin Premiere

Another day, yet another well worthy BDOTW contender. I’m gonna have trouble photoshopping all this weeks looks onto one page.

Sorry Rachel McAdams but my eyes instantly locked onto Diane Kruger at the Berlin premiere of Sherlock Holmes.

The German actress shone so brightly on the red carpet wearing this Karl Lagerfeld Spring 2010 LBD with sculptured hips and a futuristic gold bolero.

I’m loving the new directing Diane seems to have taken on the red carpet.

We are seeing less gowns and more fashion forward minis some sexy, some edgy, some with a mixture of both.

Although I’m not a fan of the ‘Palmero’ (hairstyle). I do love it on Diane, as with her hair pulled back it doesn’t interfere with us marveling at that magnificent hardware.

As Rachel Zoe would say “she shut it down”.

I have a feeling…”oooohh ooohhh”…that Diane is going to be electric on the red carpet this year.

As much as I’ve gushed over Diane, Rachel McAdams was also knocked it out of the ball park in this stunning one-shoulder Alberta Ferretti Fall 2009 crinkled silk chiffon gown.

I much prefer her one-shoulder version as the material wraps around her body with more fluidity, plus I love the black sash tied around her waist.

Her hair and flawless make-up almost render me speechless. I much prefer this look to the London Premiere.

Yep…she’s a contender for BDOTW too.

January Jones was also at this premiere wearing a black mini Valentino dress with voluminous sleeves.

I’m not crazy about the overall look, as I wish she’s pulled her hair back as it feel like it’s competition for room on her the shoulders with the sleeves.

[nggallery id=281]

Credit: Style.com & London Features

Luisa Ranieri In Armani Privé - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Luisa Ranieri In Armani Privé – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

In Leighton Meester's Closet - Valentino 360 Embroidered Shoulder Bag

In Leighton Meester’s Closet – Valentino 360 Embroidered Shoulder Bag

40 Responses to ‘Sherlock Holmes’ Berlin Premiere

1. amelia January 13, 2010 at 12:09 #

I can’t like any of these looks; Diane ruins a dress that wasn’t that great already with the boots, Rachel’s dress ages her considerably in my opinion and January is utterly boring.

• Naama January 13, 2010 at 15:49 #

Agree with everything except Diane – I think she looks amazing. But for the other two, absolutely agree.

2. alyss January 13, 2010 at 12:14 #

OMG. I simply adore Diane’s outfit.
    And I love that she’s taking a risk – mixing the dress with overknees may be unexpected but it looks brillant.

3. keira January 13, 2010 at 12:19 #

diane looked stunning!!!wooooow
    and you have a typing error.you wrote the dress if rom the fall 09 collection
    karl lagerfeld shows that his own label is as stunning (of course with an other type of clothes) as chanel is.i know why he is my favourite designer 4-ever

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 12:21 #

thanks

4. Snarky Sharky January 13, 2010 at 12:38 #

I love Rachel’s dress, fantastic look on her

5. Monica January 13, 2010 at 12:40 #

I love Rachel McAdams here, she looks so amazing. The dress is so beautiful. :)

6. Ally January 13, 2010 at 12:52 #

Baring any insanely good looks in the next few days, I’m pretty sure I have my BDOTW. Diane looks amazing. I love how she did her hair so that it doesn’t compete with the dress but still looks interesting. And this is one of the only times I have thought the thigh high boots didn’t look ridiculous.

I agree about wishing that JJ had done something different w/ her hair, but she looks beautiful none-the-less.

7. Stuti January 13, 2010 at 13:02 #

Haha, FC, you were so excited you wrote “red” as “read”. :P
    I can totally understand though, Diane is amazing in that dress. I have had a thing against black for so long now(tired of it) but this just makes me feel warm inside. Stunning.
    Also, the silhouette that that gown gives Rachel is breathtaking! So curvy and womanly. Love the swivels and crinkles. Totally deserve the BDOTW nomination.
    And FC pleeeease dont leave out Amber Valetta? Please?

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 13:11 #

was Amber there?

I haven’t seen any pictures of her.

• Stuti January 13, 2010 at 13:13 #

Haha, no, I mean from the BDOTW nominations. I should have been clearer.

8. Victoria January 13, 2010 at 13:35 #

Oh I’m looking forward to this week’s BDOTW! :D There are so many contenders I’m starting to forget and I’ve kinda lost track. And I’m going to have such a hard time deciding. But that’s the fun part. :D

9. wilwarin January 13, 2010 at 13:45 #

i’m usually not crazy about Diane Kruger, but when i saw her in this dress i was like wow… head to toe pure perfection…
    Rachel McAdams looks amazing too, but i don’t like this hair colour on her it looks to artificial for my liking…
    January Jones has divine dress and sheos but i hate tights they are killing it for me, plus her hair and make up always seem the same, there’s nothing wrong with it to be clear but it’s getting boring.

10. Elise January 13, 2010 at 13:50 #

The Karl Lagerfeld Collection is one of my favorite. Diane chose an amazing dress, but the boots are awful. With a pair of heel, she would have been perfect.
    Rachel McAdams is just stunning, love her

11. miwa January 13, 2010 at 14:04 #

For once I don’t like Diane there. The boots completely ruin the look.
    On the other hand, Rachel looks amazing. The make up, the hair, the dress, everything is perfect.

12. Elisa January 13, 2010 at 14:18 #

I LOVE Diane’s dress, but I just can’t get myself to lovelovelove the look because of the horrible overknees. I don’t mind that they are overknees, but I do mind the pointyness and the heel, they look so cheap. Ew.

13. Bego January 13, 2010 at 14:25 #

wow! I love Diane’s look! Rachel dress is also wonderful, but I have to say I feel a little bit sad about her… in every Sherlock Holmes premiere there has been another person outshining her… (at least in my opinion)

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 14:32 #

so true. I agree

14. Jennifer January 13, 2010 at 14:43 #

Rundown: I did a double take on Diane’s look. The dress is absolutely phenomenal, and she looks amazing in it. However… I started to scroll down and I saw the boots. It’s not the fact that they are thigh highs, it’s the fact that the fabric does not work with that dress for me at all. Other than that, the dress and her hair and make up are a 10/10.

Rachel – looks like a bombshell… but I wish her hair were back to the darker golden-red hue they used to be. Her hair is a bit too blonde for me to love it here. I do however love how it is styled and she looks amazing as well.

Not feeling January Jone’s look at all. It’s a meh feeling for me.

• Jennifer January 13, 2010 at 15:14 #

Correction: Not feeling January Jones look. Drat my typing.

15. Lizzie January 13, 2010 at 15:03 #

Sorry, bit of an aside here but have any of you noticed the runway model in the first pic? How thin is she???! Her legs? Arms? OMG , turn sideways an she’ll disappear! I know runway models are notoriously thin, but she is a walking skeleton…..

How can anyone think this is attractive? *Mind boggles*

DIane looks so much better – healthy for a start! LOL!

• SarahV January 13, 2010 at 17:56 #

Isn’t that Anja Rubik?
      That really is a shame.

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 17:58 #

yes it is Anja.

16. Katie January 13, 2010 at 15:30 #

Wow, Diane, just wow. She looks perfect. Rachel also looks tunning, blue suits her

17. Raquel January 13, 2010 at 15:35 #

Diane ruined the dress with these boots.

Rachel looks matronly.

January… pretty dress, but the hair, meh.

18. mol January 13, 2010 at 16:28 #

Both Diane and Rachel look fantastic, but I guess if I was having a premiere (ha ha), I wouldn’t want Diane to attend!

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 16:31 #

riiight. Diane upstages everyone

19. justme January 13, 2010 at 16:32 #

At first, I thought Diane’s dress deserved better than boots. But since they were thigh high, I decided to let it go. BUT I scrolled down and wth? Why are they so pointy in a 2002 kinda way? Just no.

Rachel looks amazing though. Her version of the gown is so much better, I’m in love with the color.

• YSLGirl January 13, 2010 at 17:16 #

I kind of like how she still wears outdated pointy heels! It just shows that she wears whatever she wants and doesn’t care about trends. I would probably wear stuff from years ago, too!

20. YSLGirl January 13, 2010 at 17:15 #

Diane my BDotW frontrunner!

Rachel also looks great, but something always looks off with her to me.

I think January went for the low key look because when she delivers, she REALLY delivers.

21. SarahV January 13, 2010 at 17:54 #

Yikes, I these boots KILL Diane’s look. Shame because I love the dress.

I think Rachel looks stunning, might vote for her on BDOTW!!

January’s not worthy of commenting…yawn!

22. keira January 13, 2010 at 18:13 #

are you sure that diane is wearing boots?i haven’t found a very big picture yet.on some it looks like she wears normal heels with black leather leggins but then is looks like she wears high boots

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 18:30 #

Pretty sure they are thigh high boots

23. Rebecca January 13, 2010 at 20:39 #

I’m so happy Diane is wearing Karl Lagerfeld. Loved that collection almost as much as Chanel. If it had been a smaller event January may have been more impressive but compared to Rachel and Diane, she’s very lukewarm.

24. Leo January 13, 2010 at 21:43 #

Diane took my breath away. It looks like she’ll have another great year in fashion.

25. mm January 14, 2010 at 00:11 #

I love Rachel McAdams entire look, BDOTW contender.

26. sydneycheapchic January 14, 2010 at 03:39 #

I love Rachel’s dress here.. so many beautiful outfits this week. So looking forward to BDOTW!

27. ioana January 14, 2010 at 15:35 #

Diane is my favourite celebrity.She has such great personal and red carpet style. She always looks stunning and here’s no exception. The dress is strunning and the boots are gourgeous(a bit shaggy but still great)

28. Katie January 14, 2010 at 15:54 #

How edgy fashion forward and sexy does Diane look, wow!!

29. Sue Jin January 15, 2010 at 02:22 #

Diane looks amazing. I’m kind of in a love/hate thing with her thigh highs.. If only they weren’t pointy,,

Rachel looks beautiful in that dress. Her version is way better than the original. The Valentino dress is beautiful on her but yes, its very boring look altogether.