Runway To “Nine” Rome Photocall – Penelope Cruz In Dolce & Gabbana

Today in Rome Marion Cotillard, Sophia Loren and Penelope Cruz – three of the most stylish women from the hit movie “Nine” – arrived at the St Regis Grand Hotel for a photocall.

Unfortunately only 2 brought their style with them.

I’m sorry but I just can’t love Penelope Cruz in this Dolce & Gabbana dress from the waist down.

The fringed hem feel makes her look like a contestant on “Dancing With The Stars”, plus the tights water down the look.

If your going to jump on this “underwear as outerwear” trend it’s all not nothing.

I’m happy to see Sophia finally make an appearance. She’s chic as ever wearing a black skirt suit.

Marion keeps things very neutral wearing a white v neck dress, paired with black patent heels.

I think it’s going to take me a while to get over Pen’s look.

[nggallery id=282]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Rosamund Pike In Co - 'Hector And The Search For Happiness' London Premiere

Rosamund Pike In Co – ‘Hector And The Search For Happiness’ London Premiere

New Today On Net-A-Porter.com

New Today On Net-A-Porter.com

11 Responses to Runway To “Nine” Rome Photocall – Penelope Cruz In Dolce & Gabbana

1. Raquel January 13, 2010 at 15:29 #

Sophia!!! I’m so glad she was there, I adore her! Her looks seems age appropriate, even appropriate AND Sophia appropriated!

2. Mea January 13, 2010 at 15:34 #

Marion and Sophia are elegant and beautiful, and you’re totally right about Penelope! What was she thinking?!

3. wilwarin January 13, 2010 at 15:53 #

oh penelope… take some lessons about tights from SJP because this is so dissapointing… i love the dress but it doesn’t work on penelope and tight kill it… if only she forgot the tights and if only dress was little shorter it would be beautiful… this way SIGH
    Sophia is really a lady and she looks great…
    marion looks so tender and beautiful, i love white dresses on her…

4. Ally January 13, 2010 at 15:56 #

Ok, I love Sophia and I’m happy to see her at a premiere, but that necklace is terrifying. It looks like it is strangling her… Ouch!

5. Stella January 13, 2010 at 16:22 #

Sophia and Marion look as fierce as ever.

6. mol January 13, 2010 at 16:22 #

I too love Sophia, but at 75 (or however old she is) I can’t help feeling it’s time to put the girls away, and I also agree with Ally, that her necklace looks way too tight! As for Penelope, you said it all FC……overall, it seems like the Red Carpet for Nine is doing poorly, just as the movie itself is – Weinstein has pulled it from lots of theatres because of poor box office, too bad, lots of star power but no sizzle!.

7. Bego January 13, 2010 at 16:33 #

there is no possible way of liking this look… it’s terrible.
    Sophia has such a presence! and Marion looks very sweet in white.

8. YSLGirl January 13, 2010 at 16:45 #

I’m sorry, but NONE of them deliver. Penelope’s look is just a failure. Sometimes she adds tights to a look and it just makes the outfit look ‘safe’. Why even bother?

Marion is just a complete bore now. I can not believe this the same woman whose style was impeccable two years ago.

I’ll let Sophia Loren off as she looks good for her age (maybe thanks to a little bit of surgery, though).

9. SarahV January 13, 2010 at 17:51 #

I don’t really like Penelope’s look, but I don’t think it’s that bad either… Looking at the main picture, I was more disappointed in Marion because she looks rather boring to me.

10. lucas January 14, 2010 at 05:03 #

I actually like Penelope’s look (I can forgive the tights because she’s only wearing black underwear underneath that lace skirt). I would love to see the look in the BDOTW poll. I hope Penelope, Sophia, and Marion attend the Critics Choice and Golden Globe awards this weekend!!!! :)

11. robbie January 14, 2010 at 16:36 #

marion, nice dress such a boring and predictable colour of shoe to go for, out of all the gorgeous shoes she could go for she picked a boring black pump.

sohpia, would have been amazing without the tights, i LOVEEEE her glasses i want a pair of those.

penelope, what is up with that “just woke up and combed my hair” hairstyle? to be completely honest this look just makes me think spanish hooker!