12.01.10

Anna Dello Russo’s Room At The Ritz Hotel

Last year I shared my admiration for the Anna Dello Russo in Star Spotlight.

Here is a short video of Anna changing into several outfits during Paris Fashion Week.

I thought to myself whilst watching, why did they sub-title this video?

Surely everyone is too busy drooling over the clothes to take in what she’s saying.

If this is only her Paris Fashion Week closet, just imagine what her closet at home must look like.

*Sighs*

That blue Balmain dress still makes me ache.

Runway To "Late Show With David Letterman" - Jennifer Connelly In Balenciaga

Runway To “Late Show With David Letterman” – Jennifer Connelly In Balenciaga

Runway To Fox All Star Party - Lea Michelle In Isaac Mizrahi

Runway To Fox All Star Party – Lea Michelle In Isaac Mizrahi

20 Responses to Anna Dello Russo’s Room At The Ritz Hotel

1. Terry January 12, 2010 at 13:15 #

Understanding what she says is not really the intention of who is watching, because there are so many gorgeous dresses (and shoes! and bags! and jewellery) that catch all the attention.

In any case, I think they’ve subtitled it because not everybody understands Italian (I like her accent, and I prefer when she speaks in Italian, because her English is not so good ;)).

• Fashion Critic January 12, 2010 at 13:17 #

LOL I was just kidding.

I didn’t know where to put my eyes. Like you said, so much to look at. I’ve watched it about 3 times.

• Terry January 12, 2010 at 13:20 #

I don’t want to hurt myself and my (poor) self-esteem, so I watched it once, but I will surely watch it again by tonight ;)

2. Rebecca January 12, 2010 at 13:21 #

OH MY GOD!! She’s wearing that blue Balmain dress which I would kill for. And the shoes *I’m dying* Lucky girl. I’m beyond jealous.

• Rebecca January 12, 2010 at 13:36 #

I forgot to ask, how old is she?

3. zuleyka chia January 12, 2010 at 13:24 #

one word “JEALOUS”!!!!!!!!

• Fashion Critic January 12, 2010 at 13:32 #

ditto :D

4. Tania January 12, 2010 at 13:26 #

I want her wardrobe. I’ve watched it about 3 times to FC.

5. Chiara January 12, 2010 at 14:31 #

woooow!! I’m proud she’s italian :-)

6. lstp0136 January 12, 2010 at 15:17 #

hey,
    what designer is she wearing during the interview?

7. mm January 12, 2010 at 15:25 #

I AM beyond jealous!! Everything was so beautiful. She is in her 40s, looking fab. I am so glad she sat in alot of the dresses, everything was just as gorgeous with her seated! Thanks for the post FC, i see why you did a spotlight on her.

8. robbie January 12, 2010 at 15:53 #

OMG did she just knock the balmain dress onto the floor????? haha

the clothes are, but those shoes i want all of them *drools* especially those gold beauties at 1:27 i need to find out who made those!

9. ahot January 12, 2010 at 21:23 #

yeah! ” kill for those shoes, kill !”
    please FC, can you do more starspotlight? i love how it could put the spots on people behind the scene,just like her; that would be very interesting!!!

10. anu January 12, 2010 at 22:02 #

oh my god. i literally paused every 2 seconds to digest what i was seeing. and she seems like so much fun! ive already fallen in love with her! lol
    ‘if you got out with a man, you should wear less stuff.’
    classic! love it!
    FC, i’ve always wondered.. what do u think of monogrammed bags (LV, Gucci etc). I know some people find it tacky but I saw an LV one in Anna’s cupboard. I remember seeing her with it some where else too…

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 07:04 #

I’ve owned both in my time so I don’t have a problem with them.

I just have a problem with the fakes

11. barbara January 12, 2010 at 23:49 #

and garance dore was there too!!…i saw the photographs of this day on her blog some time ago…love them both.

• Fashion Critic January 13, 2010 at 07:03 #

I thought that was her

12. mol January 13, 2010 at 08:23 #

I love Anna’s energy, passion and humor – she’s more of a collector than a ‘clothes horse per se’, so even if she says it’s vanity, all this dressing up, it’s not, cause like any passionate collector she just can’t help herself! I totally laughed too when Garance asked her about makeup – ah no, Anna replies with a wave of her hand, so yep it’s all about the collecting of these beautiful things.