Social Events Of The Weekend

9th Annual New York Times Arts & Leisure Weekend, New York

Natalie Portman has done something many of us wish we could have done…got our hands on the Rodarte for Target collection.

The petite actress wore a mustard slip dress, with a cute tulle overlay and a bow details on the shoulders which was featured in Teen Vogue.

She covered up wearing a black belted cardigan, whilst completing her look with Stella McCartney booties.

Natalie’s dress is now sold out, but you can find other pieces on from this collection on Target’s website.

Theatre Royal, London

Anna Friel was spotted leaving the Theatre Royal in London after her final performance of “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” looking sensational wearing a Herve Leger Resort 2010 black and white bandage dress.

Like most of us in London she sported a (faux) fur coat in a bid to keep warm.

2010 NBC Universal’s Press Tour Cocktail Party, LA

When I saw this pretty pink Elise Øverland Resort 2010 dress on Melanie Brown, I was considering giving her a first ever compliment.

On reflection everything feels heavily weighted to the right with her one-sleeved dress and side-swept bun.

Also the necklace was so unnecessary with this pretty dress.

Close…but no Zig-a-zig-ha.

Dior Cocktails For Marion Cotillard And “Nine”, New York

Miss Dior aka Marion Cotillard looked beautiful wearing a silver lurex Christian Dior dress, which reminds me of the dress Charlize Theron wore last year.

I love the dress and the ruby pumps, but not so keen on the poodle perm.

“Leap Year” New York Premiere

A Pea In A Pod is the usual destination for expectant celebrities, but Amy Adams has Ms. Carolina Herrera on speed-dial.

The designer has reworked pieces from her current collections to create a custom-made wardrobe for Amy which included this red silk georgette dress.

I guess Ms. Herrera has found her new muse. Amy is glowing.

How I Met Your Mother`s 100th Episode Celebration, LA

Alyson Hannigan – the People’s Choice Favorite TV Actress – walked the red carpet wearing a BCBG printed dress with a cascading ruffle front.

She kept her accessories simple adding black clutch and Jimmy Choo “Lace” black patent sandals.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Jennifer Morrison In Oscar de la Renta - 2012 People's Choice Awards

Jennifer Morrison In Oscar de la Renta – 2012 People’s Choice Awards

Runway To "Late Show With David Letterman" - Jennifer Connelly In Balenciaga

Runway To “Late Show With David Letterman” – Jennifer Connelly In Balenciaga

22 Responses to Social Events Of The Weekend

1. robbie January 11, 2010 at 20:20 #

natalie, gorgeous dress shame about the tights, booties and cardigan. i love the colour of the dress though. i hope that dress is on ebay soon.

anna, WOW! absolutely amazing love it.

marion, the dress and shoes are fabulous. the hair is a little too 80s it reminds me of kath from kath and kim.

amy, amazing seriously that colour is beautiful on her and she is glowing.

alyson, i frickin love her she is so adorable. simple and elegant.

mel, im not sure if i loike it or not. the dress is pretty but the necklace, clutch and the hair make it dull. love the zig-a-zig-ha comment haha.

2. Elise January 11, 2010 at 20:33 #

Marion Cotillard’s dress is pretty but I hate her hair like that.
    Amy Adams looks so cute, I love the color of the dress and the shoes are amazing.
    Mel B is gorgeous in that dress, I really love the shoes.

3. electra January 11, 2010 at 20:38 #

Natalie Portman – she rarely dissapoints, but unfortunately this is the rare occassion.

Anna Friel – damn that jacket, i love the dress!

Marion Cotillard – one of her worst looks ever, the hair just ruined everything.

Amy Adams – i didn’t even know she was pregnant, she looks amazing.

Alyson Hannigan – definately not my favourite on the red carpet, but she’s improving with each appereance.

Melanie Brown – i actually like this look and i’m happy to see Mel B back on this blog!

• mm January 11, 2010 at 20:48 #

I agree with you on every point. But on Mel B, dont like the look, not even her rosey cheeks. the zig-a-zig-ha comment hiliarious, LOL!

4. mol January 11, 2010 at 20:44 #

For me, Natalie is too waiflike and prim looking for Rodarte’s Target collection, which seems to call for a strong face and a taller more angular body to counterbalance the almost too frou frou feel of it.

Anna Friel, on the other hand, looks spectacular to me as does preggers Amy, who is a perfect match for Carolina Herrera’s ladylike looks.

5. YSLGirl January 11, 2010 at 21:36 #

Natalie Portman hasn’t been wowing me recently, but she looks excellent.

Mol, I disagree with you about Rodarte. She, along with Kirsten Dunst and Keira Knightley are the perfect Rodarte women. They’re all very unique and for me that’s what a Rodarte woman embodies. Just like Chloe is considered to be the elegant woman’s designer and Balenciaga/Balmain edgy.

Marion Cotillard has been boring me recently. Wasn’t her style amazing during the Award Season when she won the Oscar? If she doesn’t wow me at the Critics’ Choice Awards and the Golden Globes, then I have given up on her.

I’m sure Kristen Stewart wore that Herve Leger dress before, no?

• YSLGirl January 11, 2010 at 21:37 #

Oh and the word I was looking for to describe the Rodarte woman…ethereal! Which explains why Tilda Swinton also wears Rodarte well.

• mol January 11, 2010 at 23:11 #

I agree with you regarding Tilda, although I wouldn’t call her ethereal, so much as kinda other worldly (in a good way) and strong, definitely unique! I also think you’re right about Kirsten Dunst and Keira looking good in Rodarte, I guess we just see Natalie differently, which is what makes fashion so interesting and fun : )

• mari January 12, 2010 at 04:35 #

I am pretty sure that the herve leger dress has ideed been worn by Kirsten at some interview program, not a red carpet. I think it was not very flattering to her, but was more suitable to her personality. In my opinion, that dress looks weirdly like a pair of black sunglasses..

• electra January 11, 2010 at 23:12 #

Yes. Marion really lets me down with her every next appereance. Her fashion sense went downhill since she won that Oscar. It’s a curse winning it, i tell you! LOL. Look at Halle Berry’s career! lol

• YSLGirl January 11, 2010 at 23:48 #

Yeah, ever since she got stuck with that Dior contract and Dior hasn’t been interesting in ages.

6. Laura January 11, 2010 at 21:48 #

Natalie’s pop of yellow with the black jacket and tights works well. I’m glad Anna’s dress has some cool details and doesn’t look like every other Herve Leger bandage dress.

The only thing that throws Marion’s look off is the hair. Pregnancy seems to be agreeing well with Amy’s style. This is one of several times I can think of where she looked darling. I’m not liking the ruffle hanging over Alyson’s belt as I don’t think that’s figure-flattering towards her waist.

Lol at the Spice Girls lyric. I think the dress would look better if it was all that fabric from the right side and bottom.

• electra January 11, 2010 at 23:14 #

I think we should all be grateful that Mel B doesn’t look like a tranny like she usually does, and that she toned down those drastic colours she used to wear.

• Laura January 12, 2010 at 00:25 #

not going to argue with that. If there was a “Most Improved of the Week,” she’d be a real contender in my eyes.

7. Leo January 12, 2010 at 01:09 #

I really like Marion’s look, from the hair to her shoes. It’s sassy and fun, it makes me want to go party with her.

8. Sher January 12, 2010 at 02:11 #

Amy looks incredible.. how can she be pregnant and wear heels when we only get kitten heels from nicole kidman??

9. Lala/S-R January 12, 2010 at 02:51 #

Gosh, I love Natalie…*sigh*
    Mel looks great. The necklace was not needed, but she looks good nontheless.

10. Martin January 12, 2010 at 04:22 #

Okay, I never thought that I’d say this about a designer for whom I’ve always had zero time and zero respect, but I’m loving Anna Friel’s Herve Leger dress. I think it is probably because it has a distinctly graphic Narciso Rodriguez air about it. She looks fabulous.

11. Lee-Shay January 12, 2010 at 07:30 #

LOL at ‘no Zig-a-zig-ha’!!!!

12. kaltham January 12, 2010 at 08:43 #

i love mel b’s look.. i think she’s trying

13. Jennifer January 12, 2010 at 12:17 #

Yay! Thanks for placating me with the photo of Amy FC! She looks lovely!

Other than that… there’s no one on this list that grabs my attention… I’d comment more, but I really need to get in the car to get to work!

14. Lou January 12, 2010 at 21:54 #

Never thought I would like a Mel B look over Marion Cotillard… but life is full of surprises!!