Rachel McAdams For Vogue January 2010

In case you didn’t already know, I have a serious girl crush on Rachel McAdams.

In my opinion she rarely puts a fashion foot wrong and she has an air of shyness about her that you just don’t see in Hollywood stars anymore.

Needless to say I was delighted to see her on the cover of this month’s Vogue where she wear’s Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2010. I think the grown-up florals are such a great look on her.

Here are some extracts from her interview but you can view the whole article at Vogue.com

On working with Lindsay Lohan in Mean Girls: “I just remember marveling about how much she knew as an actor, how much she understood. She did very few takes and had this naturalness to her. And beyond that, I was 26 at the time. I’d be asked, ‘Where do you go out?’ . . . I felt like I was in a different place at that time.”

On how going green affects her wanting things: “I don’t really desire things. I prefer to spend my money on experiences, on meals or travel. . . I look at the world through a green lens now, but you can’t make yourself crazy. That feeling of green guilt can be really inhibiting. It’s about a changing mindset, remembering to turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth.”

On relationships: “I’m pretty good on my own, and I like just getting out and walking, which seems very rudimentary.”

On how she grew up: “My mother never put an emphasis on looks. She let us grow up on our own time line. She never forced any beauty regimen into my world.”

Credit: Style.com & Vogue.com

Audi Celebrate The Golden Globes With Nominee Anna Paquin

Audi Celebrate The Golden Globes With Nominee Anna Paquin

Social Events Of The Weekend

Social Events Of The Weekend

12 Responses to Rachel McAdams For Vogue January 2010

1. mm January 11, 2010 at 18:18 #

Gorgeous photo in the Dolce & Gabbana floral silk-and-nylon bodysuit and pencil skirt. That photo blew me away. I am not feeling the cover, because the styled her hair to much like Marilyn monroe. Every blonde does not have to be style like her.

2. Elise January 11, 2010 at 18:45 #

I have a girl crush on her too, she beautiful, nice, shy and talented.
    Those pictures are amazing, I love her

3. mol January 11, 2010 at 19:22 #

I love the blend of delicacy and strength that Rachel exudes, and in true Canadian fashion, not alot of extra ego there to detract from her essential beauty! Super editorial.

4. mami January 11, 2010 at 19:37 #

At first viewing I was disappointed with the cover, but having seen a few times now, I love it! It does have a Marilyn/Madonna look, but her eyes stand out, making it obviously different…but stunning.

Love all the photos from this shoot…thought they were all gorgeous.

5. nisha January 11, 2010 at 20:04 #

great photoshoot and i really loved the make up and the styling of the hair. whiel watching the video she just reminded me of marilyn monroe. i have never notcied it before but she could play marilyn monroe.i also think she has great style.thanks for posting

6. JJ January 11, 2010 at 22:19 #

I love all the clothes, but that hair is making her look bit old.

She is GORGEOUS nevertheless.

7. maji frm maldives January 12, 2010 at 02:59 #

love her..

8. Sue Jin January 12, 2010 at 03:04 #

I agree with comments saying thaat she looks a bit older but shes still very beautiful. Shes someone that is hard to dislike. Its so crazy to see in Mean Girls… I mean… look at her now!!! She’d def grown as an actress. The last two photos are very nice.

9. Martin January 12, 2010 at 04:31 #

I’m quite the fan of Rachel McAdams as well but I was so thoroughly underwhelmed by this cover and the accompanying editorial.

Where is the youth, where is the energy, where is the edge – she is styled and made up in the most pedestrian manner imaginable. The styling is lazy and the makeup and hair presents her as way beyond her years. A disappointment for me.

10. Lee-Shay January 12, 2010 at 07:40 #

Rachel McAdams is also my girl crush. The photos are beautiful (LOVE those red heels) but I prefer her as a brunette.

11. Sophie January 12, 2010 at 10:34 #

I loved this shoot as well…. I love her and glad y’all do too! :)

12. zoe January 13, 2010 at 00:24 #

rachel mcadams is so gorgeous.
    she looks so great in her shoot, especially in those red peeptoe slingbacks.