Who Wore Jil Sander Better? Katherine Jenkins or Amber Rose

Katherine Jenkins and Amber Rose don’t seem like they would share a similar taste in fashion, but both have stepped out in this Jil Sander sculpted wool crepe dress.

Katherine wore this dress in October to the “Pride of Britain Awards” in London.

I like the dress, but it doesn’t seem to translate that well off the runway to red carpet. The structured piece gets kinda lost.

I think Katherine looks OK, but I’m not exactly blown away as she somehow manages to make this dress look dowdy.

I like the chunky clutch and the shoes though.

Amber wore this dress to the New York screening of “Twilight Saga: New Moon” back in November.

She wore the bright orange version and had it shortened. Figures!

I really love what she’s done with the length and that orange suits her skin so well.

Amber wins for me as I prefer the dress in orange.

You can buy this dress online at Net-A-Porter.com & Browns Fashion.

Credit: Wireimage, Net-A-Porter & Getty

In Diane Kruger's Closet - Emilio Pucci Cut Out Studded Leather Sandals

In Diane Kruger’s Closet – Emilio Pucci Cut Out Studded Leather Sandals

Hayley Williams Wears Chelesa Rebelle To The People's Choice Awards

Hayley Williams Wears Chelesa Rebelle To The People’s Choice Awards

11 Responses to Who Wore Jil Sander Better? Katherine Jenkins or Amber Rose

1. mol January 8, 2010 at 16:53 #

I like the model version of Amber Rose’s dress – she doesn’t get the dress at all, which shows because she completely nullifys the flow and shape of the design by shortening it so much. I wouldn’t vote for either one.

2. Stephen January 8, 2010 at 17:12 #

Vanessa Williams also wore this dress on an episode of Ugly Betty as Wilhelmina Slater.

3. SarahV January 8, 2010 at 18:09 #

The shortening destroys the magic for me! I also feel like the part that’s “sticking out” looks better on Katherine.. might just be the angle though.
    I voted for Katherine because I think she looks much classier than Amber..

4. Lala/S-R January 8, 2010 at 18:24 #

Though it is a great colour choice for her, and as much as I love Amber, the dress looks a bit too trampy on her. It however looks sophisticated on Katherine, in my opnion.

5. MEME January 8, 2010 at 19:02 #

I picked Amber…. although I would’ve picked a brighter shoe to compliment the orange….. like the ones Letoya Luckett wore wit’ the pink dress to the Grammy’s last year……

6. Matt January 8, 2010 at 19:23 #

Amber wins.

7. Dith January 8, 2010 at 20:28 #

me too! i looks so BLAH in black!

8. Rebecca January 8, 2010 at 21:02 #

I love Amber’s version mostly because of the colour which was perfect for her, so she wins.

9. Martin January 9, 2010 at 07:38 #

I don’t believe that either Katherine or Amber do this collection justice (like Tilda and Kate Beckinsale did in with Jil Sander Fall 2009 pieces) but if I had to pick one it would definitely be Katherine. Amber has ruined the dress by shortening it – she has completely thrown out the proportions of it and, as mol wrote, the trampification of it is quite tragic.

10. Naomi January 9, 2010 at 12:28 #

Katherine Jenkins wins it for me, because although I prefer the orange version, I much more prefer a woman to wear a bra when she needs to. Amber – wear a bra, please.

11. androidnancy January 13, 2010 at 02:28 #

Amber wins, hands down. I fell asleep looking at Katherine.