Miley Cyrus For Harper’s Bazaar February 2010

“IT’S MILEY”.

If you chuckled you must watch “The Soup” on E!.

It is indeed Miley Cyrus on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar’s February 2010 issue, and I have to admit I love both the cover and the editorial.

Me loving what Miley’s wearing???

I know. I checked my temperature and don’t appear to be coming down with anything.

I love it because she’s not overdress, nor does she appear to be ‘partying in the USA’ wearing Daisy dukes and cowboy boots.

In the shots taken by Peter Lindbergh she’s wearing Giorgio Armani on the cover, plus Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren and my favourite is her in Burberry Prorsum. She looks grown up, yet age appropriate.

In the interview Miley shares the ups and downs of her success, talks about the much-criticized Vanity Fair photo, and why she was crying with happiness when she left LA this summer.

You can read her full interview at Harper’s Bazaar.com, but here are some extracts from her interview.

On the headline-making Vanity Fair photo of Miley wrapped in a bed sheet: “Here, my parents are thinking they’re seeing a beautiful photograph by a major photographer, and the people of America want to see something dirty in that? It doesn’t make sense to us because [my family] doesn’t look for negativity. But people don’t want to say ‘What a great performance’ or ‘What a great shot.’ No one wants to look at something like that and see the positive because it doesn’t sell a magazine.”

On the pressures of being in the spotlight 24/7: “My job is to be a role model, and that’s what I want to do, but my job isn’t to be a parent. My job isn’t to tell your kids how to act or how not to act, because I’m still figuring that out for myself. So to take that away from me is a bit selfish. Your kids are going to make mistakes whether I do or not. That’s just life.”

On leaving LA this summer to film her new movie, The Last Song: “I got on the plane [to Georgia], and I was lying in my mom’s lap and crying and saying, ‘I’m so happy to be getting out of L.A. [In Tybee, GA] I went out every night with my friends. I did karaoke. I danced. All this stuff would’ve been such a big deal in Los Angeles: Who’s she with? Why is she dancing? I felt so alive and real. It’s so much easier to know who you are when there aren’t a thousand people telling you who they think you are. I felt like I was really figuring myself out. Usually I have someone whispering in my ear, but I was on my own.”

On having insecurities despite all the adoration: “I used to ask everyone all day, ‘Do I look pretty?’ I probably asked that question about as many times as I blink.” But in Georgia she finally got over it. “It’s not about how because I started feeling beautiful; it’s just because I was comfortable. I was so used to the paparazzi and the cameras and the ‘What are you wearing?’ and having people stare at me.”

Credit: Style.com, community.livejournal.com & Harper’s Bazaar

Alexa Chung Loves Her Mulberry 'Alexa' Bag

Alexa Chung Loves Her Mulberry ‘Alexa’ Bag

In Celine Dion's Closet - Lanvin Quilted Nappa Suede Tote

In Celine Dion’s Closet – Lanvin Quilted Nappa Suede Tote

36 Responses to Miley Cyrus For Harper’s Bazaar February 2010

1. Melinda January 8, 2010 at 16:18 #

Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Miley look so beautiful – esp the picture with the horses. And the interview is great – she sounds v real.

• Fashion Critic January 8, 2010 at 16:20 #

I agree.

I was expecting an interview like Taylor Momsen in Teen Vogue. Sorry I just can’t get over how arrogant Taylor was in that interview.

• Bego January 8, 2010 at 16:47 #

I agree!! i couldn’t believe my eyes when I was reading that interview… and by the way, this pictures are beautiful, i am really surprised right now! she looks really pretty,specially with the blue Burberry dress.

• stars&lilies January 10, 2010 at 04:17 #

i completely agree. completely.

miley’s growing up.

2. mol January 8, 2010 at 16:41 #

She sounds more than just normal – she sounds very smart and articulate, she has everything in her over hyped world really well analyzed – loved the outfits too!

3. ayuni January 8, 2010 at 16:41 #

yeah i quite like the interview.
    especially the question about being in the spotlight 24/7 :P
    and the cover is rather gorgeous
    she looks way prettier without the pout and the gazillion accessories

4. Barbara January 8, 2010 at 16:45 #

wow.she looks just so beautiful and young without all the make-up on the cover.love her in that burberry dress ♥

5. Nastja January 8, 2010 at 16:51 #

Love the cover and the Burberry dress. Her mouth looks photoshopped though. I know she got her teeth done, but that smile reminds me of someone else, I just can’t quite figure out who. Alyssa Milano? Shakira? It’s irritating me :)

• ayuni January 8, 2010 at 17:52 #

jessica biel’s perhaps? :P

• Teleholic January 9, 2010 at 00:58 #

It reminded me a little of Scarlett Johansson, I know what you mean. Either it’s photoshopped or Miley really is pretty behind all the pouting. I was really impressed with this shoot though, that girl makes me want to scream whenever I see her.

6. carla G. January 8, 2010 at 16:53 #

Lovin’ that those Burberry twisted pieces are gettin so popular she really looks so beautifull

7. Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 16:57 #

Are those extensions in her hair? If it isn’t, her hair is a little too long and unruly for the Ralph Lauren in my opinion (love the dress, hate the hair).

I do like her editorial. I respectfully disagree with her answers and find them naive, but you’re right, she’s not as arrogant as Taylor (thank goodness).

• Fashion Critic January 8, 2010 at 17:14 #

I’m pretty sure they are extensions

• Jennifer January 8, 2010 at 17:34 #

Then they went a wee bit overboard with the extensions. Ah well, one thing to dislike being the extensions, it truly is a miracle with Miley.

• Boes January 9, 2010 at 01:37 #

Gosh, someone must say to all those teen stars that extension sucks. Seriously.

8. Karima January 8, 2010 at 17:10 #

I am in shock!!!
    Me liking Miley and thinking she sounds down to earth and interesting on her interview, OMG I never though I will even pay attention to her more than half a second, I can’t stand the girl!
    But she does look great and not overdone. Perfect choice of pieces, I love her in Burberry and Ralph Lauren. Hope she will be inspired by that editorial and get that kind of style in the future.
    Thanks FC for that post cause I will have never known Miley can look un-slutty without you.

Post that leaded me to read Taylor Momsen’s interview and WTF?? Is that girl real??? Who the hell does she think she is? That interview is beyond arrogance! I don’t think she acts in Gossip Girl, she is just being herself, a little slaphead!

• Fashion Critic January 8, 2010 at 17:14 #

lol @slaphead.

I was shocked too. I’ve change my opinion about Miley I hope she doesn’t make me regret it

• GRACE January 11, 2010 at 11:49 #

I read the rest of the interview out of curiosity (first reaction of the cover was: “Ewww! Stop tainting the mag!”) and now I kind of regret my earlier opinion… Miley seems very real in this interview. Hated the Taylor Momsen TeenVogue one.

9. Tanya January 8, 2010 at 17:15 #

Nice editorial, but…still don’t like her

10. Stuti January 8, 2010 at 18:05 #

I am far from liking her, but I have to say she looks gorgeous. The Burberry dress is so beautiful! And the whole horse thing is so so similar to the Teen Vogue editorial.
    Also, I cannot believe I am saying that I love something Miley said, but there you are. What she said about her not being a parent is so true. People in the industry are often blamed for a bad effect on children. I agree, it is dumbing down, but then again, it is not one person, one avenue alone.
    Sorry for the rant!

11. MEME January 8, 2010 at 18:58 #

I chuckled….

12. Matt January 8, 2010 at 19:23 #

WOW, this is so “bazarr”, Miley looks amazing. 2010 sure is starting out great, The editorial fits her so much, I love it.

13. Thomas Monks January 8, 2010 at 20:25 #

just got mine?(its the 8th of Jan) and the pic in the ralph dress is the subscriber cover and it just looks so beautiful

14. Raquel January 8, 2010 at 20:33 #

Great shots and she lokks really pretty. I particularly adore the part about being a role model but *not* being a parent, because there is this whole mentality out there that anything a teen celebrity does or does not do “ruins”a teen’s life and I just want to scream “helloooo you are the parent, not Miley, Demi, Selena – and Britney, Cristina, Hailey before them…”

15. Christina January 8, 2010 at 20:47 #

Did you know she a comment about how she disapproves of Angelina and Madonna being photographed with there kids in public?

• Em January 9, 2010 at 05:14 #

she was talking about how she felt it was inappropriate for the paps to photograph celebs with their kids. she wasn’t commenting on their parenting but criticizing the paparazzi.

16. Keira January 9, 2010 at 00:39 #

It doesn’t look like her on the cover… I barely recognized her at first!

17. ben January 9, 2010 at 01:07 #

Whoever is styling Miley for magazines needs to style her for the red carpet. Her red carpet events always fail in comparison to her beautiful magazine shoots.

• Fashion Critic January 9, 2010 at 13:01 #

couldn’t agree more.

The stylish totally got her in this shoot.

The Teen Vogue cover last year was too cutesy

18. Boes January 9, 2010 at 01:32 #

I am… Surprised.

She looks really nice – aged apropriate, and kinda delicate in Burberry.

And she sounds real. Well, she sounds young, but still, she is not trying to sound mature like momsen, nor being arrogant about that or anything. She sounds honest and that creep me up, but suddenly, I sort of… Like her.

• Boes January 9, 2010 at 01:40 #

Oh my God ! I’m having hope for Miley Cyrus ! Is the sun going to shallow the universe ?

19. Dori January 9, 2010 at 11:29 #

Yeah, I did like the interview too, till I got to this part:

“I thought it was so cool when girls would ask me, What’s your shirt? And I’m like, Hanes, but I have $60,000 worth of jewelry on top of it!”

Annoying spoiled brat.

20. amelia January 9, 2010 at 14:14 #

her interview is refreshing indeed, yet she is heavily photoshopped in the cover

21. AJoanna January 9, 2010 at 15:08 #

Wow this is new. Miley actually looks kind of awesome. She hasn’t looked this good since the Herve Ledger dress she wore last year. And this editorial is better because she actually looks her age. Never thought I’d see the day. I especially love the makeup. And… just about everything. For once she gets two thumbs up for me.

22. lydia January 9, 2010 at 20:06 #

i can’t believe that she makes a christian dior dress look so “normal”….i would have loved to see the extravagance in it

• Boes January 10, 2010 at 19:39 #

Yep, the boot with this beautiful Dior dress make it looking kinda ‘normal’ as you says, and it’s not really Dior to look ‘normal’.