Who Wore Chanel Better? Blake Lively Or Vivian Hsu

This post was by special request for Dora.

Blake Lively first wore this Chanel Resort 2010 dress at the beginning of November to the “Chanel Fine Jewelry Benefit” in New York.

I’m just not loving this dress on her, which is mostly down to the length I think.

Gorgeous shoes and jewels though.

When Vivian Hsu wore this dress a few weeks later to the Golden Horse Awards in Taiwan it was a different story entirely.

I don’t usually drool over black dresses on the red carpet but this has blown me away.

Vivian looks so effortlessly elegant and her swept back hair and soft make-up is amazing.

I also think she was spot on with her choice of accessories as this dress is calling out for a bit of bling.

For me though, the best bit is the beautiful shape that that dress has created, which Blake lost when she decided to wear hers shorter.

Hands down, this is Vivian’s winning look.

Credit: Getty, Style & Wireimage

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

In Victoria Beckham's Closet - Jonathan Saunders Jersey Printed Tank Top

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – Jonathan Saunders Jersey Printed Tank Top

11 Responses to Who Wore Chanel Better? Blake Lively Or Vivian Hsu

1. Laura January 7, 2010 at 07:41 #

I agree about the length issue on Blake. Also, her make-up looks funky to me.

Vivian is swoon-worthy in her look. She’s definitely my pick.

2. Nikki L January 7, 2010 at 08:11 #

When I saw Blake Lively, I was wondering why she would wear something that made her look old. Add that to her heavy eye makeup and she looked blah. Then I saw Vivian Hsu and I was awed. Her hair and makeup, together with her accessories made her look effortlessly elegant.

3. Dora January 7, 2010 at 15:43 #

Thanks for posting!

I said it I was goind to choose fdor Vivian and I did without a doubt. Vivian looks like a goddess while Blake looks like a cheap whore trying to show off her boobs again forgetting she covered them up.

Vivian deserves every single vote.

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 15:44 #

you’re welcome

4. Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 15:46 #

Considering that Blake Lively could wear a bin bag and still win a poll, I’m very surprised – but then not considering Vivian’s perfection – by the lead

5. Marvel January 7, 2010 at 16:45 #

vivian wins by a mile but I think Blake should still get an honourable mention for not showing her ‘assets’

6. Sabina January 7, 2010 at 21:28 #

oh, how i love this dress! I first fell in love with it when i saw it on Blake, then even more when i saw it on Vivian, and then when i saw it in real life and tried it on, it was just as stunning! So, despite the price, i just had to get it :) the only problem is, i have no where to where it to, lol

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 21:37 #

OOOh..I’m so jealous. I would love to own this dress it’s stunning.

I’m sure you’ll find somewhere to wear it.

7. Sabina January 7, 2010 at 22:22 #

thanks, it is a wonderful dress, gives an amazing shape.. and even though i won’t be able to do any shopping for about 4 months now, cause of that price tag, and my parents refused to speak to me for about a week after i got it, it’s still worth it, lol

• Fashion Critic January 8, 2010 at 08:34 #

they’ll get over it…LOL

8. Dana Yartin January 8, 2010 at 08:51 #

I think they both look great.