07.01.10

When it was announced that Queen Latifah would be hosting the People’s Choice Awards for the second year running I was very excited to see what she was going to wear.

She makes great choices like this stunning angelic Edition by Georges Chakra Spring 2010 gown.

The white strapless crepe gown with chiffon draped gathering at front was accented with a gold and silver crystal striped waistband.

Gold accessories perfect this look.

Unfortunately I was only excited about the Chakra look. Her other two looks were a bit bland by her standards.

The one shoulder dress with the Valentino bow front black heels was a cute look, but a host is meant to dazzle and neither of these looks do that.

Credit: Zimbio & Wireimage

2010 People's Choice Awards - Best Dressed

2010 People’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

Runway To 2010 People's Choice Awards - Nicole Kidman In L'Wren Scott

Runway To 2010 People’s Choice Awards – Nicole Kidman In L’Wren Scott

9 Responses to Queen Latifah Hosts The 2010 People’s Choice Awards Wearing Edition by Georges Chakra

1. Lee-Shay January 7, 2010 at 14:18 #

I think her first look is stunning – bdotw worthy!

2. Stuti January 7, 2010 at 14:24 #

I love those Valentino Bow front shoes, and that white gown. Queen Latifah is amazing, it is so nice to see a gorgeous woman who has not given in to conformity. Stunning.

3. Sara January 7, 2010 at 14:32 #

SO LUV HER LOOK AT PEOPLE CHOICE AWARDS , THOUGH THE DRESS LOOKS BETTER ON THE MODEL BUT SHE WAS STUNNING !

4. Madame Bovary January 7, 2010 at 15:09 #

I love this woman!
    even though she hasn´t the “stereotip” body, is so elegant!
    kisses

5. mm January 7, 2010 at 15:33 #

Queen Latifah looks so beautiful in the white Georges Chakra, hair and makeup are perfect,BDOTW

6. Kaylie January 7, 2010 at 15:56 #

Although I agree about the second two dresses not having the same “wow” factor, I do like all three of the dresses on her. They compliment her body type very well. She looks gorgeous.

7. cat_not_kitty January 7, 2010 at 18:16 #

I agree wholeheartedly. The Chakra was a spot-on choice – she was luminous! But two boring, black dresses after starting off with such a bang? Too bad. Queen looks so stunning in colour – remember the purple and teal from last year’s awards? I would have loved to see her in at least one in-your-face hue, since she so deftly pulls them off.

Colours aside, she picked 3 flattering silhouettes and has clearly been taking care of herself, eating healthily, and working out. It shows.

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 18:22 #

I remember those vibrant colours from last year, which is why this year was a bit wa waaaa for me

8. robbie January 7, 2010 at 20:49 #

stunning in every outfit. but i do hope she wears more colour this year last year was just so full of colour.