07.01.10 Worst Dressed

2010 People’s Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
Nicole Scherzinger is a beautiful woman, but I really didn’t like her David Meister’s liquid gold halter gown.

The colour suits her skin tone, but the style feels a bit old fashioned.

She would’ve looked amazing in something more contemporary.

Not Going To Be A Popular Choice But…Award
…I didn’t like Olivia Wilde in this Monique Lhuillier dress.

I don’t like the length of the skirt, nor do I like the way her hair is styled.

In many pictures she also looked a bit washed out.

I’m sure many of you will disagree, but I apart from her Sergio Rossi heels I couldn’t find one positive.

Ill-Fitting Award
Kelly Rutherford vintage inspired Jenny Packham Fall gown is beautiful, but it just didn’t like it on her.

It took me a while to figure out why, but it’s the fit plus the hook neckline detail and the lack of support the turns me off.

The gown looks much much better on the runway.

Nice Dress Shame About The OTT Necklace Award
Demi Lovato is wearing a gorgeous blue Jenny Packham strapless ruffled mini dress with a black satin sash tie around her waist, but she over cooked this look with the OTT necklace.

The ruffles were enough details to keep this look interesting, but she takes the focus away from her dress to that garish necklace.

Least Flattering Award
Colbie Caillat’s orange dress either accentuated her broad shoulders, or gave her broaders. Either way her dress paired with a Lauren Merkin’s “Lotte” clutch wasn’t very flattering.

Click Here for the Best Dressed.

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

In Victoria Beckham's Closet - Jonathan Saunders Jersey Printed Tank Top

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – Jonathan Saunders Jersey Printed Tank Top

In Katie Cassidy's Closet - Judith Leiber Package Clutch

In Katie Cassidy’s Closet – Judith Leiber Package Clutch

31 Responses to 2010 People’s Choice Awards – Worst Dressed

1. The One January 7, 2010 at 10:21 #

I’m curious to hear what you thought of Mariah’s look for the People’s Choice Awards…I think she’s looking better and better with each red carpet look!

2. Elise January 7, 2010 at 10:24 #

Olivia Wilde looks good to me, I love the dress it looks amazing on her.
    Contrary to you, I love everything about this look except the shoes.

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 10:26 #

LOL

• Lucas January 7, 2010 at 15:08 #

Where is Nicole Kidman in her Spring 2010 L’Wrenn Scott jump/pant suit?

• Samantha January 7, 2010 at 10:40 #

i totally agree about the shoes. Can’t wait for the best dressed list.

• Ally January 7, 2010 at 13:17 #

I love the dress and the shoes, but I’m not sure that they really go together. And I agree with FC about th length. I think with just a few small tweaks she would have looked amazing.

3. Anna January 7, 2010 at 10:41 #

not a good start to the awards!! I haven’t seen anyone else yet so am hoping the fashion improves!! I was really looking forward to the first awards of 2010

4. Dani January 7, 2010 at 10:43 #

I mostly agree with your choices.. I like how you didn’t just pick the dresses that were a bit different (e.g Ginnifier Goodwin) for the worst dressed.

I really dislike Demi’s dress. I think it’s just a bit too mature for her with the whole cleavage thing going on. I didn’t really like Diane Kruger either =/ it was all too… tight somehow.

My personal favourite on the red carpet was Hayley Williams.. I love how her dress was very unusual but she looked really cute and the shape fit her really well :)

5. sydneycheapchic January 7, 2010 at 11:02 #

LOL! i agree.. i didn’t mind the shoes but it’s probably the least nice thing about the outfit. I think Olivia Wilde looks gorgeous!

• mm January 7, 2010 at 13:20 #

I agree with you. I dont think she belongs on this list.

6. Stuti January 7, 2010 at 11:10 #

I dont like the black with the white dress in Olivia’s case. The Sergio Rossis though gorgeous, don’t go with the dress.
    Nicole is funny. :D

7. Nikki L January 7, 2010 at 11:34 #

I don’t like the color of Nicole Scherzinger’s gown and everything is over the top. The makeup and the accessories.

I like Olivia Wilde’s dress. Not her best, but I think it was ok. I love the details on her shoulder and the length. It wasn’t too long to be too formal nor short to be too casual.

Kelly Rutherford’s gown looked bad on her.

8. Thomas Monks January 7, 2010 at 12:15 #

kellys gown is by jenny packhsm either spirng 2010 for fall 09 but im almost positive its the fall 09

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 12:26 #

thanks. Gonna look for it now.

9. mm January 7, 2010 at 13:24 #

I so agree with you on Kelly Rutherford. Live on the red carpet the dress looked even more ill fitted.

10. Raquel January 7, 2010 at 13:50 #

I honestly dislike the Jenny Packham dress on both versions.

11. SarahV January 7, 2010 at 14:24 #

I do like Olivia Wilde’s overall look here.

Nicole just looks tacky. Too Bollywood for me!

12. Anissa January 7, 2010 at 15:31 #

Interesting, the “worst” looks really aren’t that hideous. This was a pretty well dressed event!

Oh and are you going to do anything on Amy Adam’s maternity looks she’s been wearing to promote Leap Year? She’s been styled by Carolina Herrera, and here are a few of her looks if you haven’t seen.

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 15:34 #

not sure yet. Will probably wait until tomorrow, or once she’s finished her promo run.

13. Katey January 7, 2010 at 15:59 #

i love olivia Wild and Kelly Rutherfor’s looks on the Red carpet. Olivia is perfect for me. I love the dress and the shoes too. I think Kelly is beutiful in this vintage Janny pacham gown. and She wears perfect jewellerys. too.

So Yes you’re right. For example I don’t agree with you about these looks.

14. Laura January 7, 2010 at 17:37 #

Agree with all the picks. I don’t even like the heels with Olivia Wilde’s look. I don’t think that look’s really her at all.

15. Isabella January 7, 2010 at 19:42 #

Sorry, but I TOTALY disagree with you, because all these ladies are beautifiul, and the demi’s necklace is gorgeous, and I think the only girl who erred is Colbie Caillat, for me she should’ve choose a black dress/gown with a cowl neckline and picked some beautiful Chopard diamonds.

Xo

16. Dith January 7, 2010 at 20:35 #

I disagree with your Demi Levato critic. I think she looks fab. the necklace is not OTT at all!

17. Lauren January 7, 2010 at 21:46 #

I have to agree with you about Demi!! That necklace is terrible especially paired with this dress! Also she has too much cleavage on show and the dress in my opinion seems to be sitting funny on her!

18. Teleholic January 8, 2010 at 04:31 #

Nicole’s look I was actually pleasantly surprised by just because it didn’t look as tacky/trashy as she usually does when with the Pussycat Dolls.

With Kelly Rutherford, I liked her dress but I wish she’d had some support, like you said. But I also think that dress was way too glamorous for the People’s Choice Awards, I would’ve saved it for the Emmys or the Oscars.

And finally…wow, I never thought I’d ever see Olivia Wilde on a Worst Dressed list, but looking at that picture I would’ve picked her for one of the best dressed, to be honest. I really liked this look better than some of her previous ones. I love those types of dresses but I agree about changing the heels. The hair I actually kind of liked with this look, I know if she had it down my criticism would have been for her to put it up.

19. Pen Pen January 8, 2010 at 07:37 #

I think Nicole prob just borrowed a dress from Beyonce’s closet.

20. sara January 8, 2010 at 07:44 #

I agree with most of you except for Olivia and Nicole. I love Olivia’s choice of dress, and Nicole looks fabulous, and giving you glamour head to toe

21. Sara January 8, 2010 at 07:57 #

nicole scherzinger’s gown may have been ill-suited but i think her make up is absolutely flawless! especially the navy wing-tipped smokey eyes. the blending is immaculate!

22. Cris January 8, 2010 at 09:24 #

Demi Lovato’s cleavage is so distracting, and not in a good way. Pushed way too high, stuffed too much sideways.

23. andrea January 9, 2010 at 19:12 #

Sorry. but I have to disagree with you on the Demi Lovato comment. I thought the necklace was perfect. She did have a little too much cleavage though.

24. Maddie March 24, 2010 at 17:49 #

I get really annoyed by Demi. She’s one of the lucky few who get the opportunity to go on the red carpet, but she always over-accesorises with a necklace. Ugh.