2010 People’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

Best Dressed Award
I’m not going to waste anytime harping on about how much I dislike Jessica Alba, because when it comes to the red carpet for me it’s all about the dress.

And WOW what a dress.

The Antonio Berardi Spring 2010 collection was dubbed as the Megan Fox collection due to all the overtly sexy mini dresses on display, but it was a yummy mummy who did it justice.

Jessica gave Fergie and Cameron Diaz a run for their money in the most enviable legs department in this silver mini dress with a peplum at the waist.

She could have killed this look with a boring pair of heels, but I’m in total lust with her Burberry Prorsum Spring 2010 platforms.

Hair, make-up, dress, heels are all totally perfect.

10 out of 10.

Best Clutch Award
One of my Girl Crushes of 2009 Katie Cassidy started the year in perfect style walking the red carpet looking sensational wearing a Talbot Runhof Spring 2010 mini dress.

The short sleeve mother of pearl iridescent cocktail dress has a draped detail at waist and foiled accents at the hem and on one shoulder.

Sporting an Alexander Wang-style messy plait, she completed her look with a gorgeous Judith Leiber package clutch, and champagne satin heels.

“Don’t Stop Believing” Glee Award
Just when I’d given up all hope of ever seeing the Christian Lacroix Spring 2009 collection on the red carpet, Ginnifer Goodwin delighted me by wearing this cute sassy striped number from said collection.

The shoes are a bit plain, but I love the rosette detail on the shoulder and skirt.

I’m glad she didn’t over accesorize this look.

Back To Her Best Award
After a few question moments in both the wardrobe and make-up department, Taraji P. Henson is back to her best in this stunning lilac Alberta Ferretti Pre-Fall 2009 one-shoulder gown.

I love EVERYTHING about this look, especially the make-up which complement her gown.

Best Shoes Award
I’m normally all about the dresses, but I was drooling over Carrie Underwood’s Rock & Republic black strappy heels.

It looks like Carrie has finally said ‘goodbye’ to blingy dresses, because wore a stunning nude Christian Cota Spring 2010 dress with a black cage embroidered overlay.

She’s appears to have also said ‘goodbye’ to the 200lbs of weave she used to sport, opting for a this shorter sleek style which really suits her.

Johnathon Arndt jewels and a Lauren Merkin clutch complete this look.

Best Dressed Teen Award
Whilst I was less than enthused with Teen singer Demi Lovato, I was very impressed with Taylor Swift.

She also wore a Jenny Packham Resort 2010 dress, but she didn’t over accessorize her look.

Simple earrings, a matching bracelet and silver peep-toes complemented her strapless dress which was embellished with crystals.

I Hope She’s Warming Up Award
Diane Kruger looked beautiful on the red carpet wearing a white Herve Leger mini dress with Emilio Pucci cut-out studded sandals and a Bottega Veneta clutch, but I wasn’t blown away.

I’m hoping she’s warming up by starting off slow before she knocks us out at the bigger events.

Best Embellishments Award
Kate Walsh always looks like she’s having fun on the red carpet and this occasion is no different.

The actress looked gorg wearing a vintage 1960s Sarmi sequined dress from Decades Inc with Casadei heels.

Best Hair Award
Sandra Bullock looked amazing wearing a very distinctive gold brocade Vivienne Westwood bustier dress which she paired with nude Brian Atwood “Maniac” Pumps which is are celebs favourite heels.

I’m loving that mahogany colour of her poker straight hair.

Love The Dress Hate The Hair Award
I LOVED Hayley Williams dress.

At first I was convinced it was from Luella as it has the playful girly feel to it, but I unfortunately was wrong.

The voluminous skirt and pretty bows make this dress so beautiful and unique, but I just don’t love her hair.

If she’d had jet black hair, I would have loved the overall look more.

Classic Elegance Award
Whilst most opted for mini cocktail dresses Kathryn Morris glided down the red carpet wearing a Pamella Roland midnight blue satin asymmetrical off the shoulder gown which I simply adore.

I so prefer this colour to black.

Most Improved Award
I wouldn’t normally pay much attention to Niecy Nash on the red carpet but she blew me away in this stunning pink Tadashi Shoji jersey draped one shoulder gown.

One of her finest red carpet moments.

Best LBD Award
Alyson Hannigan’s LBD is super simple, but her Rene Caovilla satin rose accented heels make the overall look interesting plus she’s so damn gorgeous what’s not to love?

Baby Steps Award
I know some of you are still not ready believe Mariah Carey has turned a corner style-wise, but I think she continues to take baby steps in the right direction.

Her Ysa Makino white beaded halter gown with sweetheart neckline is another perfect choice for her.

On The Fence Award
Hmmm…I’m very much on the fence when it comes to Lisa Edelstein’s David Meister gown.

I love the embellished neckline, but I think there’s too much skirt in her skirt.

[nggallery id=271]

Click Here for the Worst Dressed.

Credit: Style.com, London Features & Wireimage

In Katie Cassidy's Closet - Judith Leiber Package Clutch

In Katie Cassidy’s Closet – Judith Leiber Package Clutch

Queen Latifah Hosts The 2010 People's Choice Awards Wearing Edition by Georges Chakra

Queen Latifah Hosts The 2010 People’s Choice Awards Wearing Edition by Georges Chakra

46 Responses to 2010 People’s Choice Awards – Best Dressed

1. Rebecca January 7, 2010 at 12:11 #

Jessica looks AMAZING in that dress. Like you say, everything is perfect. Also I agree with regards to Diane, I hope she improves as awards season goes on.

2. Nastja January 7, 2010 at 12:18 #

I have been reading your block for quite some time now (and I totaly love it!!!!), so I thought it’s time to finally post a comment.
    I adore Taylor Swifts look. What a great dress. I love how she manages to look elegant and youthful at the same time. I am searching for some dresses myself, due to an upcoming ball and a couple of weddings and find it very hard to find something that is appropriate and not completly boring at the same time. I think Taylor is a great inspiration.
    Too bad we haven’t seen that much of Selena Gomez after she has been voted best dressed teen of 2008, I thought she did a great job looking classy and fresh at the same time, too.

Keep up the great work Fashion Critic

greetings from Germany

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 12:26 #

thanks for your comment. Glad you are enjoying the blog.

I hope you find your dream dress :D

3. Karima January 7, 2010 at 12:22 #

Jessica Alba is definitely the best dressed by a mile. The whole look is perfection, I love the shoulders on that dress and the shoes WOW.
    FC, why don’t you like Ms Alba I didn’t get that?

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 12:25 #

I find her a bit snotty/arrogant.

• Karima January 7, 2010 at 12:36 #

Ok ;-) Thanks for answering
        She’s beautiful, she can’t have it all, it would be unfair lol

4. Nikki L January 7, 2010 at 12:26 #

I loved loved Jessica Alba’s dress but I wasn’t blown away by her. Maybe coz like you, I’m not a big fan of hers? I’m on the fence when it comes to her shoes. I love them but they’re too clunky.

I think it’s just right that Ginnifer Goodwin wore simple shoes. Her dress already has too many details — with the print the the flower– so I love her look.

Love Carrie Underwood’s shoes but not the dress.

I’d love to see Taylor Swift with a different hairstyle. If it’s not down and curly, it’s up with two curtains of hair on each side of her head.

I also love Sandra Bullock’s dress. I think it’s unique. Love her hair too.

5. Ellie January 7, 2010 at 12:28 #

I love that you got Hayley Williams on here. She looked great and unique and I actually love her hair because it sets her apart from the crowd. BDOTW contender for me (:

I don’t like Sandra Bullock,’s outfit on the whole. She did have great hair but those shoes were awful :( I didn’t like Diane Kruger much here either I must say, which was quite disappointing.

Anyway, I love this website! Great job all around (:

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 12:40 #

thanks Ellie ;D

6. Victoria January 7, 2010 at 12:29 #

I am putting in my first votes for BDOTW for 2010!

Jessica Alba and Taylor Swift! :D

7. Jojo January 7, 2010 at 12:33 #

Hi FC!
    I too have been following your blog for a couple of years now (and not yet commented), me and my friends in the office log in religiously in the mornings to check out the updates!
    Looking forward to awards season, great dress from Jessica Alba, and definitely hope this is only a warm up from Diane. Ginnifer is so cute!
    Thanks again for such a great blog!

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 12:41 #

Wow…I’m bringing you all out of lurkerdom today LOL.

Thanks Jojo.

8. Stuti January 7, 2010 at 12:58 #

You are at your best during Award season FC! And then the spirit just continues. Once again, love your blog. :)
    My best dressed is Jessica Alba, agreeing with you. And oh my god, those Rock and Republic shoes are heaven. They really make gorgeous shoes!
    Also, I love Kate Walsh and Sandra Bullock, so pretty!
    I love the black dress with white sashes too. Wow, this is a nicely-dressed event.
    Note to Diane Kruger: Give up the Legers already?

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 13:18 #

Thanks Stuti…I’m a demon during Awards Season and Cannes.

Agreed re: Diane and Legers

9. Terry January 7, 2010 at 13:10 #

Jessica Alba’s gorgeous sandals are from Burberry Prorsum s/s 2010 collection. She also wore Cartier jewellery…Lucky girl!

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 13:15 #

LOL…I was hoping you would know. Thanks :D

10. Elise January 7, 2010 at 13:10 #

I love Jessica Alba’s dress and shoes, but I don’t really like them together.
    Sandra Bullock and Carrie Underwood are my favorites girls, they both choose amazing dress!

11. Ally January 7, 2010 at 13:12 #

Woohoo! Awards season :-). All of these ladies look lovely but I think my favorite is Carrie Underwood. It feels like it was an unexpected choice for her and I love to see someone rocking a look that is outside of their comfort zone. And I too hope that Diane is just warming up!

12. pure-perfection January 7, 2010 at 13:16 #

Katie Cassidy & Taylor Swift are definitely the best!!

13. mm January 7, 2010 at 13:18 #

From this list Carrie Underwood’s dress was my favorite. I think the back of Diane dress was the highlight. I was surprised but liked that she accessorized with H&M jewelry, she kept it simple. I dislike the length of sandra bullock dress. Hayley’s dress is soooo cute but she didnt need the necklace at all! My favorites didnt make your best dress. For me it was MJB, loved the dress and her new hairdo. Women love to wear her hair styles and this short cut i dont mind seeing alot of around town. I also loved Francia Raisa look it was so girly and cute.

• mm January 7, 2010 at 15:14 #

The Baby Steps Award, Hiliarious, LOL!

14. Jasmina January 7, 2010 at 13:54 #

I LOVE Hayley dress and I think that hair goes well with it… and it suits her fun personality… :)

15. Lee-Shay January 7, 2010 at 14:12 #

Love Jessica’s overall look and the darker hair! I haven’t seen her look this good ever! Same goes for Sandra Bullock – Gorgeous! I also love Taylor Swift.. I think they’re all worthy for BDOTW :)

16. maria January 7, 2010 at 14:44 #

i really like diane and taylor here.but i am more stunned by taylor.as you said diane can do way better.just if you are interested:diane wears emilio pucci heels and carries a bottega veneta clutch

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 15:27 #

thanks maria

17. Mel January 7, 2010 at 15:27 #

I like Jessica Alba’s dress, she looks cute, also I love Diane Kruger (I ALWAYS DO) and Alyson Hannigan.

Alyson shoes are from Rene Caovilla, the satin rose sandals.

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 15:30 #

They are amazing heels. Thanks

18. k January 7, 2010 at 17:21 #

Aww, this makes me sad. I love this blog, I’ve always loved the way you can talk about fashion and have strong opinions without stooping to the kind of yucky anti-women slurs or body snarking other fashion sites indulge in to make their points. Which I still think! But I had no inkling you didn’t like Jessica Alba. She’s my favorite actress, so I was thrilled to see her picture and best dressed, but then, as noted, bummed that you didn’t like her. (And I really agree with you on this look being a winner and her previous ones not as close to awesome. We differ some in our valuations, but, trust me, I expected black tights last night from her, heeee!)

Oh, well, different strokes for different folks. You’ve been excellent at putting the dress first, I had no idea. :)

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 17:54 #

sorry…. :D

I was just trying to make a point that I make my decisions based on the dress and not my like/dislike for the star

• k January 8, 2010 at 06:19 #

It speaks to how well you do put the look and dress first that I really had no idea until now. :)

19. mol January 7, 2010 at 17:35 #

There were gasps in the room last night when Jessica Alba walked out on the stage. She definitely had the look of the night for me, with Ginnifer Goodwin, looking adorable in the best way, a close second.

Carrie Underwood’s dress and shoes were delish, she even toned her makeup and hair down enough for me to bear looking at her…..also, I have to say I didn’t like Taraji”s Alberta Ferretti at all, it seemed ill fitting to me and on stage, she looked really pallid and plain (her clutch was nice though). Sandra Bullock looked great from the hips up, but agree that the length of her dress was somehow awkward…..looking fwd to more awards to come, great coverage F.C.!

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 17:58 #

I wish I could see them live. We only get the big events here.

• mol January 7, 2010 at 18:50 #

I think you would have felt differently about Mariah if you could have seen her walk onto the stage, she could barely stand her dress was so tight and, as one reader put it, it was a cringe worthy moment. Her baby steps program should include taking a leaf from Queen Latifah, a radiant and voluptuous woman who can move and be expressive with her body….sorry to go on, it just really stuck in my head!

20. Laura January 7, 2010 at 18:07 #

Katie Cassidy was my favorite. She looked stunning. And I agree with your other picks as well.

One of my surprising favorites was Victoria Asher from Cobra Starship. She has a very different style, and I thought she did a nice job of mixing her style with what’s fashionable. I thought this dress was very figure-flattering.

What I didn’t like was Victoria’s second look. I thought it was trashy and ill-fitting.

• mm January 7, 2010 at 20:07 #

I love Victoria Asher 1st look. You are right she did at total 180 that 2nd look is so horribly PVC

21. Rosie January 7, 2010 at 20:07 #

Just for the record I absolutely love your blog, mostly because, as a Canadian, it’s refreshing to see so many beautiful dresses on stars that rarely grace Canadian and American websites. (ironically not this post, but this is my first comment on RCFA) That said, I was somewhat appaled at your pick of Allyson Hannigan for Best LBD. She is lovely, as are her shoes and dress silhouette, but the seeming on that dress is atrocious!! Every seem is pulling and so noticeable because of the fabric, it ends up looking quite cheap. Said my piece:) This remains my #1 fashion blog, can’t wait to see what else is in store for 2010!!

22. Katey January 7, 2010 at 20:35 #

What about Mary J. Blige??? I think she looked amazing at this event…

• mol January 8, 2010 at 01:07 #

You’re right – I forgot about her, she did look great, and a great performance too!

You’re right, I forgot about her – she looked very classy, very chic, and she gave a great performance as well!

23. Miranda January 7, 2010 at 21:12 #

I love how Taylor didn’t wear an embellished dress. She looks great in them, but it is very tiring after a while. I love her look here.

24. Teleholic January 8, 2010 at 04:35 #

Technically…Taylor’s not a ‘teen’ anymore :D I was pleasantly surprised that she wasn’t wearing something sparkly though. Sparkles are great….in moderation. When people start *expecting* you to show up wearing a heavily embellished/gold/silver/sparkly dress, you know you’re on your way to overdoing it. Thanks, FC!

25. rebecca January 8, 2010 at 08:09 #

Hayley’s dress is Chelsea Rebelle:
    I looooove it!

• Fashion Critic January 8, 2010 at 09:45 #

thanks so much.

I was dying to know

26. stars&lilies January 10, 2010 at 04:25 #

carrie’s legs look ENDLESS.

27. Vespero January 10, 2010 at 12:12 #

Hasn’t anyone noticed Taylor Swift has again the white powder leftovers under her eyes?

28. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:36 #

~I was disappointed in Taylor Swift. The dress is so pretty, like a fancy wedding cake slice, but it just shows off Taylor’s approachingly disturbing tan and thin body.

~Hailey Williams looks stunning here. I love her.
    ~Ashley Tisdale fails to look decent here. The leopard pumps aren’t enough to spark up this lazy ensemble. It looks like a cute homecoming dress.
    ~Diane Kruger is a hip fashionista, but I really am not wowed even though this dress treats Diane’s figure like a queen.

29. Pricilla September 16, 2010 at 07:47 #

I think you got your worst dressed and your best dressed articles mixed up…except for Mariah Carey.