21st Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Opening Night Gala

Effortlessly chic as always Marion Cotillard walked the red carpet wearing a one shoulder black Elie Saab dress with a 3/4 sleeve and an exaggerated shoulder.

I love the hair and make-up with this look. Like Penelope Cruz earlier, the less make-up they appear to be wearing the more beautiful they are.

The French actress is widely known for wearing Dior, on this occasion she opted for a pair of Dior Fall 2009 heels which added a touch of glamour to her look along with a Christian Louboutin Lolita studs clutch.

Mariah Carey has been up for several awards following her success in the movie “Precious”. As a result she has started dressing more aappropriately on the red carpet.

Gone are the dresses 2 sizes too small with necklines that plunge to her belly button, and in comes this stunning Herve Leger gown covered in sparkling black sequins which she pairs a with a cropped cardigan.

Mariah wouldn’t be Mariah without some bling and a butterfly, and this is exactly how she accessorized her look.

Anna Kendrick looks divine wearing a layered strapless J.Mendel dress which we first saw on Amanda Seyfried in the August 2008 edition of Vanity Fair’s Bright Young Hollywood Issue.

I loved the lilac sash paired with the dress when Amanda wore it, so looking as Anna I feel like that’s what would have made this look even better.

Gold Jimmy Choo “Nina” strappy sandals and a wavy updo complete the look.

[nggallery id=269]

Credit: London Features

Cirque du Soleil Varekai Gala

Cirque du Soleil Varekai Gala

In Naomi Campbell's Closet - Alexander McQueen Lace-Embroidered Satin Dress

In Naomi Campbell’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Lace-Embroidered Satin Dress

13 Responses to 21st Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Opening Night Gala

1. Ally January 6, 2010 at 14:38 #

This has to all be very exciting for Anna. First she gets to work with George Clooney, then she gets nominated and starts to receive invites and awesome clothes. I hope her stylist is ready, I’m hoping to see great things from her during awards season.

2. mm January 6, 2010 at 14:44 #

This the best i have seen Mariah look in a long time. She usually looks so trashy. I hope she stays on point in 2010.

3. JB January 6, 2010 at 15:11 #

Anna is wearing the same lilac sash around the waist…however, I dont think it’s a sash, simply sewn into the dress. :)

Marion-gorgeous.

4. Raquel January 6, 2010 at 15:19 #

I’m not sold on Anna’s look. Too prom-ish for my taste.

I’m not as enthusiastic as you with Mariah here, but I agree that it is the best she has looked on ages.

Marion is love.

5. Mea January 6, 2010 at 15:21 #

Marion is fabulous, as always… She possesses a natural elegance. Seeing her on the red carpet is always pleasant!

6. cucumber eyes January 6, 2010 at 15:22 #

I love Marion, she’s really beautiful and girl really has style…
    Anna is looking great too, i think her time is coming but hope she won’t mess…
    and mariah finally not looking trashy, it’s really nice to see :)

7. mol January 6, 2010 at 15:31 #

All three women are lookin good, but Marion’s the effortless star…

8. Alyazia January 6, 2010 at 16:09 #

love love the ladies heels!!

9. Marvel January 6, 2010 at 16:12 #

I’m I the only one that doesnt like Marions hair. It looks like a birds nest. I hope Anna doesnt wear this shade of white as it isnt doing her any favours

Having said that, I’m so excited for awards season..

10. Laura January 6, 2010 at 17:15 #

Marion’s look kind of reminds me of Christina Applegate’s green Ungaro that she wore to the SAG’s. I wasn’t really loving the sloppiness of Christina’s, but I think Marion proves you can do that look and still look put together. Beautiful.

Agree that this dress is one of the best I’ve seen on Mariah, but I don’t think she reached far enough. Tight, sparkly, and boobs out. It’s a transformation, but not quite as far as I’d like to see her go.

I love Anna’s look. It looks truly divine. My only problem is with the hair on the left side. It looks like there’s too much hair there.

11. WendyB January 7, 2010 at 00:17 #

I barely noticed what Mariah was wearing while I enjoyed her drunk-off-her-ass acceptance speech!

• Fashion Critic January 7, 2010 at 00:33 #

oooohh I hope I find it on you tube.

• Flutterbang January 7, 2010 at 07:22 #

Yeah I saw that on the news this morning, was quite hilarious – I’m sure it’ll be all over YouTube! She looked kind of stoned to me as well