Runway To “Pre-New Year’s Eve Party” – Kim Kardashian In Balenciaga

Kim Kardashian arrived at a pre-New Year’s Eve bash at Eva Longoria Parker’s luxurious new nightclub, Eve in Las Vegas last month.

As much as I have wanted to see more from the Balenciaga Fall 2009 collection on the red carpet, I’m really not feeling this look on Kim Kardashian.

I’m not being snobby by disliking it because she’s a reality TV star, that’s only 5% of the problem.

Firstly she’s way too busty for this dress. A bandeau or a lining would’ve been preferred. I feel like she only picked this look to show off her bra.

The dress is supposed to be a slightly dropped at the waist, but the band around the waist sits too high on Kim, no doubt because of her famous asset.

This will also be the reason why the skirt appears to be shorter.

If she was going to wear an edgy look, a sexier shoe would have been preferred.

Sorry Kim, but the only thing I like about this look is the clutch.

What do you guys think?

Credit: Style.com, Wenn, & Erik

Jessica Szohr For Teen Vogue February 2010

Jessica Szohr For Teen Vogue February 2010

Runway To “Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve" - Fergie In Emilio Pucci

Runway To “Dick Clark’s New Years Rockin’ Eve” – Fergie In Emilio Pucci

28 Responses to Runway To “Pre-New Year’s Eve Party” – Kim Kardashian In Balenciaga

1. YSLGirl January 4, 2010 at 18:05 #

No no no no no…I can’t believe it. It was inevitable that this dress whore would wear some decent brands. Someone tell her to go away and stop ruining outfits!

• YSLGirl January 4, 2010 at 18:05 #

Sorry I meant trend whore.

2. Daneka January 4, 2010 at 18:10 #

Im not a fan of this look on her either.As you said, she’s too busty..

3. Dora January 4, 2010 at 18:13 #

I agree with you, the dress doesn’t flatter her at all.I don’t like anything about this look, but it’s not horrible.
    This look like a dress Leighton Meester would wear to show off her “edgy” style.
    TBH I don’t like the dress on the runway either.

4. Stuti January 4, 2010 at 18:23 #

Agreed. Also, I hate the hair, gives her a very severe look.
    And is it just me or the shoulder pads really don’t do her any justice? The shoulders are killing it, along with the over-exposed assets of hers.

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2010 at 18:28 #

they do nothing for her

• Ally January 4, 2010 at 18:56 #

That’s exactly what I was going to say. Anyone who has a larger bust should not go for the exagerated shoulders. It ends up making them look boxy and like a linebacker with their shoulderpads on.

5. Barbara January 4, 2010 at 18:30 #

eh,well,it really looks weird.like i mean her shoulders are too big and her head is too small :D but i like they way she did with her hair and love the earings!
    and yes FC,happy new year ! :D ;)

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2010 at 18:41 #

Happy New Year

6. Lou January 4, 2010 at 18:30 #

I agree with you FC – the runway look looks so sleek, but just ends up looking ‘boxy’ on Kim especially on the arms and chest. The puffy sleeves and sleeked-back hair also makes her head look small.

• mol January 4, 2010 at 19:32 #

‘Boxy’ – the perfect word for it!

7. VBlover January 4, 2010 at 18:41 #

It looks like someone believed that she is a size 2 (as she always says in articles) and this is what they get for it!

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2010 at 18:46 #

LOL…so very funny.

I can’t believe SHE believes she is a size 2.

8. Erik Mercedes January 4, 2010 at 19:46 #

Oh no, am I the ONLY one who loves this look?! :[

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2010 at 19:50 #

LOL…don’t beat yourself up about it ;)

Thanks for the tip

• la poubelle January 5, 2010 at 12:27 #

you know this is probs my fav collection OF ALL TIME and if someone told me that kim k would be wearing look 21 i would have died
      but i don’t hate it either
      maybe in her size it would have been better but i can’t find that much to fault

• Erik Mercedes January 5, 2010 at 15:21 #

OMG, MINE TOO! I think that’s maybe why I love it so much on her, but everyone else does NOT agree, but I beg to differ! LOL

See FC, someone agrees with me! Woohooooo!

P.S. How about one of my friends told me that they don’t like it on her because she’s too busty (like people are saying here), and all I could say back was “so curvy girls aren’t allowed to wear Balenciaga??” LOL

XOXO

• Fashion Critic January 5, 2010 at 15:26 #

LOL…I see that someone does agree :D

9. Terry January 4, 2010 at 20:26 #

This look is tragic, and what is worse, Kim must have felt so fashion-forward with this dress on. It may be not fair, but some items are just not conceived for Kim’s body type (or for a normal body type).

Just for info: her lovely mirrored clutch is by Kotur.

10. jeremy January 4, 2010 at 20:58 #

I knew it, I knew she was wearing Balenciaga. But I couldn’t have the courage to confirm that myself because I would never in a million year believe this girl will get a dress from Balenciaga (with her cheapness, I don’t think she bought this). I will never look at Balenciaga the same after this. Oh, and Happy New Year, FC! Keep up the good work!

11. Willa January 4, 2010 at 22:00 #

This looks like some hideous get-up from “Dynasty”

12. Katey January 4, 2010 at 22:44 #

i agree with you. This is a disaster…

13. Laura January 4, 2010 at 23:18 #

A big key in what makes a dress look good on a woman is proportions. And these proportions are all kinds of wrong on Kim.

Not a fan of Kim, but a fan of her curves. But this does terrible things for her body. The high shoulders and dropped waist makes her boobs look saggy. And the whole thing makes her look wider than she is.

Fashion is more about picking out a nice dress. It’s about a dress that looks nice on you.

14. Raquel January 5, 2010 at 00:13 #

Not her best look, but it is far from being a complete disaster. The thing i, a size bigger would not have fit her body well, too. IMO it’s the hair and the makeup that let her down.

Happy New Year, FC!

15. robbie January 5, 2010 at 03:27 #

as much as i love kim this look is terrible! way too busty and the shoulders make her look very muscular.

16. ahot January 5, 2010 at 12:24 #

Next!!!!

17. suzzee January 6, 2010 at 06:59 #

i never liked the kardashians. balenciaga or not, they all look so skanky.

can u exclude them from your site dear fashion critic ;P hehehehehhhe

18. Leo January 6, 2010 at 12:15 #

Balenciaga doesn’t deserve this tragedy.