In Leighton Meester’s Closet – Christopher Kane & Nina Ricci

Whilst most celebs have been sunning themselves in St. Barts or skiing in Aspen, Leighton Meester has been working to get “singing career” off the ground.

At the opening party of Miami’s newest nightclub Klutch, the actress/”singer” wore a sexy Christopher Kane Spring 2009 LBD with the trademark scalloped edges which featured heavily in Kane’s Spring 2009 collection.

It’s been hard to maintain a style crush on Leighton Meester recently, as both her looks and make-up have been very questionable.

But here she gets back on track looking sexy, chic and confident pairing her dress with YSL suede ankle boots.

I love everything about this look which grants her the first place in the BDOTW poll.

Leighton Meester hosted a post-New Year’s party at the Venetian in Las Vegas on Saturday night and again she didn’t let us down in the style stakes.

She looked fresh faced wearing a Nina Ricci Resort 2009 layered spaghetti strapped dress with a ruffled asymmetrical skirt.

Her dress was paired with Derek Lam Spring 2010 strappy sandals.

I’ll do my best to pretend that her good run wasn’t spoilt by this lace and taupe pant ensemble at Dusk night club on NYE in Atlantic City.

I could’ve loved it, if it weren’t for those pants.

[nggallery id=265]

Credit: Style.com, Wenn & PacificCoastNews

Hailee Steinfeld In Markus Lupfer - The Today Show

Hailee Steinfeld In Markus Lupfer – The Today Show

New On Net-A-Porter.com Today - Mischa Barton's Zac Posen Gown

New On Net-A-Porter.com Today – Mischa Barton’s Zac Posen Gown

13 Responses to In Leighton Meester’s Closet – Christopher Kane & Nina Ricci

1. SarahV January 4, 2010 at 12:22 #

I love all 3 looks, but I like the 3rd one best because it’s refreshing! I like the pants!

2. gasp January 4, 2010 at 12:23 #

Simply hate the makeup of the second outfit!

3. Ally January 4, 2010 at 12:47 #

First of all, welcome back!

The first look is so cute. Great makeup and I’ll forgive the ankle boots. But I am not a fan of the second or third. The third is just insane and the second doesn’t work b/c she is wearing too much makeup and the color isn’t really very flattering on her.

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2010 at 12:52 #

thanks Ally :)

4. Victoria January 4, 2010 at 13:21 #

In terms of overall outfit, I prefer the second one the most. The first one was good but there was something about her hair that put me off. Haha!

5. Melinda January 4, 2010 at 14:43 #

Thank you for putting her first look in BDOTW contention. I love it! – and i think the ankle boots actually work with that one.

And I like the upper half of the 3rd look.

6. mol January 4, 2010 at 16:10 #

I love the first outfit and the third – especially the baggy pant to skin tight and revealing top contrast. I also love the waistband on the pants.

7. justme January 4, 2010 at 18:09 #

Haha I like the last ensemble best. She could’ve picked a better bra but I’m feeling it a lot.

8. Laura January 4, 2010 at 23:14 #

In terms of the outfit alone, the first one is the best in my eyes, followed by the second. I’m not going to mention the third because it’d be a replay of my thoughts on Leighton’s looks lately.

But as far as the look I’m liking more on Leighton, the second one wins by a long shot. The shape of the first one is best no doubt. But the second one is just so bright and refreshing. I don’t think I’ve seen Leighton wear such a light and fresh look in a long time. I’m not sold on the make-up or shoes though.

But I agree, as looks go, the first one should definitely be the BDOTW contender.

9. Raquel January 5, 2010 at 00:17 #

Who is doing her makeup thes days? Awful.

10. robbie January 5, 2010 at 06:57 #

2 out of 3 aint bad i suppose. but her shoe choice for each outfit TERRIBLE! wtf are those huge clunky black things she is wearing with the first dress????? they are FUGLY.

11. b January 5, 2010 at 14:02 #

I love her first look. Definitely BDOTW contender.

The last one’s ok. She just wanted to take another risk and I’m totally fine with it.

The second one’s too blahhh though. I think the color sort of wash her up.

12. Adrien January 6, 2010 at 14:41 #

I love the top + pants combo!!