Giuseppe Zanotti vs. Topshop

If you’re UK 8 (US11) like me you’re not even bothering to look for shoes in the sale because they either don’t have our size or they are dead ugly, so you’re already looking towards Spring 2010.

I was browsing Topshop.com recently and came across a pair of two tone sandals which reminded me of a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti two tone sandals I had been cruising last summer.

Apart from the obvious colour combination, they are both patent, both have cut out details, an easy-off back zipper and a high heel.

These Giuseppe Zanotti heels would have set you back $650, but on the Topshop UK website they’re only £60 and Topshop US sell them for $125.

I can’t wait for mine arrive.

Who Wore Agent Provocateur Better? Kate Moss or Sienna Miller

Who Wore Agent Provocateur Better? Kate Moss or Sienna Miller

In Sienna Miller's Closet - Vivienne Westwood Suede Pirate Boots

In Sienna Miller’s Closet – Vivienne Westwood Suede Pirate Boots

14 Responses to Giuseppe Zanotti vs. Topshop

1. Stuti January 4, 2010 at 10:46 #

I share foot sizes with you FC. Well, mine are UK 7, but since I have really wide feet, I have to take an 8. I swear at times I have actually cried out because I have to leave the most gorgeous shoes only because the size doesn’t fit.

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2010 at 11:59 #

I would like to be a size 6

There are alwasy plenty of size 6s available.

I have cried to when leaving shoes behind.

I always hate it when they ask, Do you want to try the size 7?

Why would I when I’m an 8. Heels are hard enough to walk in without going a size down.

• Stuti January 4, 2010 at 12:22 #

Exactly! And the salesgirl always tries to squeeze my foot into a size smaller, leaving behind red welts. :(

• Lethe January 4, 2010 at 22:38 #

I’m a 12, but narrow! Shoe shopping is very frustrating. I second size 6. Though that would make me look very awkward considering my height!

2. Matt January 4, 2010 at 11:08 #

Giuseppe goes after TopShop in 3…2..

3. Tania January 4, 2010 at 12:24 #

Happy New Year! OMG ! FC you share my shoe size and the same dilemma I do I hate when they ask do you want to try the 7 and also want to be a size 6. I like those shoes thanks x

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2010 at 12:32 #

Happy New Year Tania.

At that point I just wanna throw the shoe right at them

4. SarahV January 4, 2010 at 12:29 #

They did it again!! I love it, can’t wait until someone drops some sort of a lawsuit. That’d be so entertaining…

5. Tania January 4, 2010 at 12:39 #

lol, they always say they don’t get many 8’s only one in each style WTF. I’m a size 8 your a size 8 and I know there are other’s because you see them over at the 8’s in the sale section and they have picked up the one pretty pair and your praying please let them put it down. The buyer’s are size 6 that’s why there are so many.

• Fashion Critic January 4, 2010 at 12:52 #

I always think the same thing.

If the size 8s are selling out first…Heellloooo…there are a lot of size 8s out there people.

I think the problem is with the manufacturers. The bigger the size the more money it costs them to make.

6. robbie January 4, 2010 at 22:30 #

those are quite nice. although i still prefer the zanotti ones mostly because i like the cut out detail more on the side of the foot. but i think i might get a pair of the topshop ones.

i feel your pain FC, it is annoying when stores either dont stock size 8-9 or they only order a few pairs. i can understand why the manufacturers dont want to make a huge batch of 8-9 shoes because of the cost.

7. mila January 4, 2010 at 22:56 #

I like the Topshop version more!

8. Raquel January 5, 2010 at 00:20 #

I’m a US size 10 and I feel your pain. I would make small sacrifices to pagan gods in exchange for smaller feet. :p

FC do you fin any designer shoes your size?

9. ahot January 5, 2010 at 12:18 #

i must say, the topshop version looks more comfortable as the designer one. I have big feet so it´s hard to have a good balance with those stiletto heels, so elegant but so uncomfortable!