23.12.09 Best Of

“Stella’s Got Her Groove Back” Award – Blake Lively

In 2007 before I’d even seen Gossip Girl (we’re behind in the UK) I had already labeled Blake Lively as One to Watch in 2008.

Unfortunately things didn’t go to plan and 2008 ended with her receiving the Most Disappointing Award.

Our fingers and toes were crossed for 2009.

Before we knew it “She Was Back”.

Gone were those Vena Cava ankle length skirts, and in came Versace gowns with plunging necklines and thigh high splits plus Adam and Topshop playsuits.

Stella…I mean Blake’s got her groove back, and I for one couldn’t be happier.

As my mother always said “if you’ve got it flaunt it”, and boy has she been flaunting it this year.

Welcome back Blake, we missed you.

Credit: Wireimage

Most Worn Collection - Stella McCartney Resort 2010

Most Worn Collection – Stella McCartney Resort 2010

Best New Designer Of 2009 - Prabal Gurung

Best New Designer Of 2009 – Prabal Gurung

19 Responses to “Stella’s Got Her Groove Back” Award – Blake Lively

1. Alina December 23, 2009 at 13:06 #

Nice award. I simply adored her this year.

2. Ally December 23, 2009 at 13:12 #

I’m definitely one of those people that likes the rule “cleavage or legs”, but for some reason Blake doesn’t really bug me when she goes for both. Probably her personality and not saying things like “I don’t get work b/c I’m too beautiful”. :-P And if I looked that amazing, I would probably wear the same things.

3. alex December 23, 2009 at 13:19 #

She could have been also a runner up in the Intervention award in the category of “pose” lol

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2009 at 13:22 #

lol so true

• Kath December 23, 2009 at 13:26 #

The poses are ridiculous! They look so un-natural!

• Maud December 23, 2009 at 14:21 #

I like her poses… better than Lauren Conrad who looks like she’s got something stuck in your own ass!
        Blake is pure elegance! Loved her all the way

4. Kyutipye December 23, 2009 at 13:21 #

OMG, i am dying here @ the title of the award. FC you are too much. lol
    But yes, she diddo a complete turn about. My favourite looks were her blue playsuit and the D & G dress she wore recently. She has gorgeous legs, and she showed them off!

5. Hellwafashion December 23, 2009 at 13:21 #

Well deserved award was so happy to see Blake on form again, and basically agree with everything Ally says :-)

6. Alexandra December 23, 2009 at 14:02 #

what a fine award :D and well deserved. most of the time this year she was just ravishing!

7. Stuti December 23, 2009 at 14:08 #

Oh, that Michael Kors dress! I had sort of forgotten ho gorgeous it looked on her. My favourite conservative Blake look. :)

• Ally December 23, 2009 at 16:03 #

Haha, too funny that a strapless, hot pink, skin-tight dress is conservative for her :).

8. nyma December 23, 2009 at 15:32 #

Thank You FC!!! i was disappointed when i didnt see Blake’s Emmy look int he top ten, she had been my absolute favorite this year but o did u make up with dedicating an entire post to her :) I am an avid fan of her style, her beauty and the fact tht she dos all by herself (no stylist involved), shes almost half the age of most stylistas n shes rockin it! Keep it up Blake and heres looking forward to an even groovier 2010!! :)

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2009 at 15:35 #

I pray she keeps it up.

She was amazing this year.

9. ella December 23, 2009 at 16:40 #

lol @ the award title……she totally deserves it and her last (D & G) look was the perfect icing on the glamorous cake.

10. Samantha December 23, 2009 at 21:30 #

She really has been fantastic this year. I know some people thought the Adam playsuit was a bit overt, but I would take that any day over that Vena Cava car crash you mentioned.

11. Sue Jin December 25, 2009 at 13:27 #

LOL, she sure did get her groove back.
    She has a smoking hot body. And all of those choices flattered her completely! Not digging her poses but whatever.. she looks amazing

12. JacJacJacqui December 27, 2009 at 04:25 #

Honestly, I think she looks trashy. Boobs or legs – she needs to learn to pick one. It’s ok to do both occasionally but not all the time. I’m starting to wonder where the rest of her clothes are.

13. ahot December 28, 2009 at 18:53 #

well, all sheneeds now to learn is how to give us other poses. it won’t hurt!

14. mochababe73 December 30, 2009 at 00:19 #

I don’t care how good Blake’s clothes look (and they are gorgeous), her whole personal is dull, unexciting, and boring. The girl can be summed up in one word-vanilla.
    Ouch!