23.12.09 Best Of

Couturier Of 2009 – Atelier Versace

In 2009 we got our first taste of Atelier Versace from Angelina Jolie at the 2009 Golden Globe Awards early in January.

Since then we have been spoiled by the amount of stunning Atelier Versace gowns on the red carpet.

I think this year we’ve seen more Atelier Versace than ever before. Donatella really out did herself.

The people we least expected to see wearing Atelier Versace were Emma Roberts at the Costume Institute Gala and Geordie Cheryl Cole on the X Factor.

Emma got the thumbs down, whilst Cheryl got the thumbs up.

My personal favourites were Marisa Tomei, Eva Longoria, Diane Kruger, Isabeli Fontana, Naomi Campbell and Cheryl Cole.

Credit: Rex Features, Getty, PacificCoastNews & Wireimage

Heidi Klum's Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

Heidi Klum’s Alexander McQueen Floral Brocade Minidress

In Julianne Hough's Closet - Dolce Vita Flash Multi Chain Booties

In Julianne Hough’s Closet – Dolce Vita Flash Multi Chain Booties

16 Responses to Couturier Of 2009 – Atelier Versace

1. Bego December 23, 2009 at 16:08 #

Isabelli, Diane and Marisa Tomei are my favourites! they all were stunning dresses.

2. Ally December 23, 2009 at 16:18 #

Ooo I didn’t realize that there was going to be a couture award too :). No one does “moment” dresses better, even if some people don’t seem to know how to wear them (*ahem* Jessica Biel). January Jones, Diane Kruger and Beyonce are my favorites.

3. ella December 23, 2009 at 16:28 #

Well deserved…..mostly thanks to the “Couture Queen” Cheryl Cole who really wowed me with every look.

4. Stuti December 23, 2009 at 16:59 #

Mine were Marisa, Eva, that stunning dress on Dianee and the gown on Kate.

5. Dora December 23, 2009 at 17:04 #

Wow, I like almost all of these dresses. But my favs are Beyonce, Naomi Campbell and Eva Longoria.

6. nyma December 23, 2009 at 18:14 #

o boy FC, u have spoilt us rotten with these ‘best of’ posts :p i am enjoying every bit of it! thank you thank you thank you! Wish u a Very Merry Christmas n an even Happier New Year!! :)

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2009 at 18:22 #

glad you enjoyed them

Happy holidays xx

7. Alfredo December 23, 2009 at 18:27 #

Yay go Versace! Great pieces that are wearable and a great work of art.

I’m looking at the pictures and trying to switch the celebs to a different dress in my head.

Now I’m wondering how……
    Emma would look in Cheryls gold dress,
    Eva in Diane’s mini,
    Naoimi in Shakiras gown,
    Kate in the Pink mini,
    Beyonce in Eva’s blue gown
    Angelina in Kates white dress
    Penelope in Jessica’s red long train and so on.

I have to stop now, or else I’m gonna get too excited.

8. Laura December 23, 2009 at 21:13 #

One that really stands out here is Angelina. This collection of Atelier Versace is edgy look after edgy look. And then there’s Angie. The blousson gown that she way overused. No use of color. Nothing…except sparkles which don’t help the look for me. It’s no wonder that Angie and Jen Rade had it custom made.

Marisa, Eva, Diane, and January’s looks are my favorite. And Cheryl looks dynamite.

9. Vera December 23, 2009 at 21:56 #

Isn’t Diane in Chanel?..

10. la poubelle December 23, 2009 at 22:55 #

apart from jessica biel (who let’s face it, shouldn’t have been allowed near it without washing her hair) all these looks are amazing
    diane kruger in the multicoloured embelished dress was a suprise but still amazing
    marissa was the best for me though at the oscars – those pleats still give me goosebumps

11. Dorian Gray December 24, 2009 at 22:44 #

As I always say, Donatella is the Queen of Couture! Great year for Versace. Thanks 4 your hard work FC. Merry Xmas and Happy 2010! I’ll keep watching this blog for the next year and beyond…

12. Sue Jin December 25, 2009 at 13:21 #

I liked Diane, Cheryl, January and Kate’s gowns!!!!

13. whitestroke December 27, 2009 at 18:40 #

Atelier Versace had seen this year a whole lot of celebrities not doing their designs justice. A lot of train wrecks here. :/