23.12.09 Best Of

Best Dressed Teen – Emma Watson

Picking 19 year old Emma Watson as ‘Best Dressed Teen’ feels strange because when I think of teens on the red carpet, I think of Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez, and Emma is clearly in a different league.

Emma is more sophisticated and much better dressed than those Disney stars put together.

The star who grew up wearing Chanel at Harry Potter premiere’s, chanelled a more personal style this year wearing Temperley London, Rodarte, Proenza Schouler, vintage Ossie Clark and Burberry Prorsum.

Her looks told her she had a much great input into what she wore on the red carpet this time around, which proves sitting front row at major fashion shows was time well spent.

Credit: Wireimage

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 - Lupita Nyong’o

Best Newcomer & Breakout Star 2013 – Lupita Nyong’o

Promotional Tour Star of 2009 & Most Consistent In 2009 - Zoe Saldana

Promotional Tour Star of 2009 & Most Consistent In 2009 – Zoe Saldana

27 Responses to Best Dressed Teen – Emma Watson

1. Stuti December 23, 2009 at 09:12 #

Brilliant pick FC! I love Emma, and the Ossie Clark had made me swoon when I first saw it. Stunning.
    The Proenza looks so good on her. Third favourite was the Saloni dress she wore.

2. Mea December 23, 2009 at 09:18 #

And finally a sophisticated, elegant teen! My favourite it’s absolutely the Proenza Schouler dress for HP New York premiere…. I’m not so sure about her shoes, they are all very similar. But I think her style will grow up better and better, although I’ve already fallen in love with her co-star Bonnie Wright’s style!

3. Alexandra December 23, 2009 at 09:28 #

couldn’t agree more :)

4. Bego December 23, 2009 at 09:59 #

it’s great you picked her FC! i also loved the Christopher Kane dress she wore to the Letterman show. i think this has been a fantastic year for Emma.

5. tuğçe December 23, 2009 at 10:03 #

she totally deserves the title and you’re right,she is way too mature from the disney stars.she had a great time this year with all those fashion shows and it shows on her style,too:)

6. mm December 23, 2009 at 10:43 #

Yes, this is another well deserved award. The burberry prorsum look was my favorite. Emma grew up right in front of us. She really showed us she was ready for the Ivy league from the red carpet right on to Brown University.

7. Angie December 23, 2009 at 11:20 #

She’s so gorgeous! It’s not like she want attention like other celebs and go a lot of events! I really do think Emma Watson is a lovely girl. Her style is gorgeous, fun and she really deerves it ! She’s mature, fresh and smart! Amazing choice FC! Your site really rocks!

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2009 at 11:20 #

thanks Angie x

• Kyutipye December 23, 2009 at 13:27 #

Angie, you said everything i wanted to say, just how i wanted to say it.

FC this is my favourite time of the year. All the best looks come back, like some wonderful present. Keep it up.

• Fashion Critic December 23, 2009 at 13:29 #

will do

8. Tragic December 23, 2009 at 11:45 #

Definitively a great choice. Especially when we look at the tsunami of Disney teen star with questionable fashion sens we had this year.

The British girls seems to be way more classy and interesting on the red carpet than their American homologues.

9. Tansey December 23, 2009 at 11:49 #

Great choice. This year Emma did step it up a notch. I love she showed variety. At this point there really is nobody that can compare to her. Many try but all have failed.

10. Ally December 23, 2009 at 13:17 #

Awesome choice, FC! IMO she’s not just the best dressed teen, but one of the best dressed of the year period. :)

11. mol December 23, 2009 at 14:54 #

She may be young, but she’s definitely got style.

12. Jessica December 23, 2009 at 16:51 #

YaY!! Emma!
    Thank you so much for choice her. Emma is looking so gorgeous in all that dresses!
    she was so lovely in that burberry dress!
    This vintage Ossie Clark in an dream: pure classy!
    Can’t wait for 2010!

13. Drew December 23, 2009 at 21:05 #

Totally agree!! Emma looks always beautiful! By the way, I would like to see more from Saoirse Ronan here, because she is looking adorable recently in “The Lovely Bones” events. She is another fresh, refinate and sophisticated teen actress that should be in the point of the view. Please, take a look to her if you can, I’m sure you will like her, or even adore her.
    Your 2009 list is awsome! Have a nice days!
    I love your blog ^.^

14. Dani December 24, 2009 at 13:29 #

Brilliant choice FC! I’m so glad Emma won! Never hides behind a safe black dress.

Elegance personified. Love her.

Merry Christmas!

15. Sue Jin December 25, 2009 at 13:31 #

I agree with everyone!
    Shes def in a league of her own. She’s so classy and stylish.. which is quite rare for someone her age.

16. skye December 25, 2009 at 19:16 #

i get so fed up with people hailing emma watson as a style icon , who has such an individual take on fashion! she is just a young girl (with very little style of her own as can be seen on paparazzi shots of her out and about in private! ) with a huge budget to be able to afford paying her stylist caroline sieber pots of cash to put her looks together. please people get a grip.

• Jessica December 27, 2009 at 01:55 #

haters to the left!

17. Jen December 25, 2009 at 20:38 #

Bravo Emma, but Taylor Swift also comes to mind as a well dressed teen.

18. Jessica December 27, 2009 at 01:55 #

She not only makes sophisticated fashion choices for her age, but I also like how she keeps it age-appropriate. Young Hollywood should takes notes from her

19. Celeste December 28, 2009 at 08:17 #

I am going to be so sad when Emma turns 20 and will no longer be counted as a “teen”. Who will be our new teen fashion darling? :(

• Fashion Critic December 28, 2009 at 09:46 #

who indeed

20. Rozz January 1, 2010 at 12:36 #

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Ilive every thing in Emma realy
    and Iwish every thing good for her