22.12.09 Best Of

Entertainer/Risk Taker Of The Year – Lady GaGa

Love her or hate her Lady GaGa certainly kept us entertained this year.

From her pantless ensemble to Louis Vuitton-style blonde afros, their was nothing GaGa wouldn’t do to try to shock us – we’re still trying to figure out what the talcum powder was all about.

Many of you grew tired of her antics, but my turning point was watching GaGa at the MTV Music Video Awards.

Until that point I’d wasn’t too fussed, but she proved that she’s entertainer and truly creative.

Without her the creativity of the students at Central St. Martin’s would go unseen so kudos to her.

Last years winner was Rihanna.

Credit: Wireimage & Getty

In Leslie Mann's Closet - Jason Wu Bow Peplum Dress

In Leslie Mann’s Closet – Jason Wu Bow Peplum Dress

Couture Queen Of 2009 - Cheryl Cole

Couture Queen Of 2009 – Cheryl Cole

8 Responses to Entertainer/Risk Taker Of The Year – Lady GaGa

1. Alexandra December 22, 2009 at 13:47 #

I’m definitely on the love side – and it’s because she does have actual talent, unlike most singers who are on top right now she writes her music herself, and her voice is amazing. “The Fame” was one of my favourite albums this year. Her costumes are often shocking and strange but I think she’s still looking for her way and lately she seemed to be going in the right direction :)

• mm December 22, 2009 at 16:40 #

I like dancing to her music. The blood thing was over the top for me and I was like does she have some mental issue??? But after reading many interviews with her, I like the fact she is very in touch with her family and has those traditional family values. You are right she does write her music and has a decent voice. I can now see those outrageous costumes and antics as a part of her Lady GaGa persona. I will judge her looks as i do art, sometimes you get it and sometimes you dont

2. mol December 22, 2009 at 19:20 #

I love this – Gaga never fails to entertain me, and as an art historian by trade, I love watching the way she quotes from art and fashion history in her videos and various costumes. She brings a creative edge to pop culture that has been missing for quite awhile, so yay (pumps fist in the air) for this choice!

3. ben December 22, 2009 at 21:55 #

This girl is rapidly reaching icon status, and she deserves it. I couldn’t be more pleased with what she’s done, there is no better performer out there than her. She’s fearless.

4. Lala/S-R December 23, 2009 at 05:23 #

Well deserved.

5. tai'tiana December 23, 2009 at 06:59 #

i love lady gaga from her music to her bizarre personal style and I have grown to love her from day one. Although there are some things I don’t think I would try I respect her creativity, keep it coming girl!

6. Rad_Rosa89 December 23, 2009 at 23:27 #

She’s freaking awesome, that’s all I have to say.

7. WendyB December 24, 2009 at 20:07 #

The first thing I noticed about her was her amazing style and she’s only gotten better.