“Sherlock Holmes” New York Premiere

Sorry Rachel McAdams, but Blake Lively upstaged you on your big night.

Rachel should be first on this post, but I just can’t get passed how A-Friggin-Mazing Blake looks wearing a Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2010 mini lace dress, with gold Christian Louboutin glitter pigalle heels.

Most actresses tend to water down runway looks or line them if they are a bit see-through.

Not Blake Lively.

She opted out of the lined runway version to follow the recent trend started by Madonna, Lady GaGa and Carine Roitfeld by showing off her panties.

She may be showing off too much for some of you, but she looks amazing to me.

Rachel McAdams wore a black jumpsuit with a Jasmine di Milo black bustier consisting of chainmail roses from the designers Fall 2009 collection, with Catherine Malandrino Spring 2010 high waisted wide leg pants.

This is a very chic and sophisticated look yet I feel like something is missing.

Ashley Greene has fallen in love with those Sergio Rossi heels we’ve seen worn by Kristen Stewart, Claire Danes and Malin Akerman.

The nude heel works perfectly with the VBH envelope clutch she used to accessorize her white column Andy & Debb dress.

I love her antique style earrings and that divine pink lip colour.

*Sighs*

A white lace dress with thick black tights?

Really?

Eva Mendes you KNOW you are better than this.

[nggallery id=263]

Credit: Style.com, London Features & Wireimage

Rita Ora In Chanel - 106 & Park

Rita Ora In Chanel – 106 & Park

Celebrities Love...Maison Michel Bunny Ears

Celebrities Love…Maison Michel Bunny Ears

47 Responses to “Sherlock Holmes” New York Premiere

1. Dora December 18, 2009 at 11:47 #

Blake Lively looks gorgeous.
    For Rachel McAdams, I prefer the runway dress.
    Ashley GReene, I’ve seen better looks from her,love the lipstick though.
    Eva Mendes would have looked so much better without the tights and blazer.

2. Katie December 18, 2009 at 11:49 #

Blake has amazing body and I actually like her. But she always dresses like a hooker, always tries to show both boobs and legs. It’s so predictable, she never wows me on red carpet because of it. Blake, dear, just go naked – we won’t see any differense

Not keen to Rachel’s jumpsuit, but she looks nice
    Love Ashley’s lipstick

3. cucumber eyes December 18, 2009 at 11:55 #

i absolutely adore Blake Lively and Ashley Greene… they definitely stole this red carpet…
    Amy Adams is correct but this look is more for some fancy diner than red carpet…
    eva mendes why bother at all… if she wanted to wear tights she could get way better ones than these ugly black ones— sigh

• Fashion Critic December 18, 2009 at 12:02 #

You mean Rachel Adams :)

I do that all the time with Emma Roberts and Emma Watson.

• cucumber eyes December 18, 2009 at 12:25 #

lol yeah i mean Rachel Adams… i don’t even know how Amy got in my head lol

• Naomi December 18, 2009 at 13:54 #

I think you both mean Rachel McAdams. Lol! Love Ashley Greene’s outfit but not loving Blake’s outfit at all. It’s either cleavage or legs. Choose one!

• Fashion Critic December 18, 2009 at 14:44 #

oops.

See what I mean LOL

4. Lee-Shay December 18, 2009 at 12:05 #

You are so right FC – Blake looks fantastic. Definitely bdotw worthy.

I actually love RAchel McAdams’ jumpsuit – perhaps she should have worn a necklace or drop earrings?

• mm December 18, 2009 at 12:44 #

I think earrings would work for Rachel. I love that jumpsuit also. Blake looks sexy sexy as usual. But Ashley Greene wins for me, the crisp white stands out in all that black. Love her accessories also. Eva pulled that looked together in a hurry, it did work for me.

• mm December 18, 2009 at 12:47 #

I meant to say Eva’s look DID NOT work for me! I guess i am the one in a hurry today. And when you rush you mess up as so did she, LOL

• Fashion Critic December 18, 2009 at 13:02 #

cute ;)

5. Nikki L December 18, 2009 at 12:22 #

For once, I like Blake Lively’s look…except that she was showing too much skin. We get it, Blake, you’ve got boobs and great legs but just pick one. But I do love her hair! Finally, she learned how to fix it instead of letting it fall limp.

Love Ashley Greene’s look, especially her earrings. For me, she one of the ones to watch.

6. SarahV December 18, 2009 at 12:48 #

Whoa Blake! That must be my favourite look from her so far!

7. Ally December 18, 2009 at 12:51 #

Oh Blake, taking to heart “flaunt it if you’ve got it”. She does look stunning though. Must have been freezing cold!

Rachel gets a big YAWN. If you are the star of the movie, you should have to bring it for the NY premiere.

8. Jazz December 18, 2009 at 12:57 #

for the love of Dolce & Gabbana!

9. alex December 18, 2009 at 13:49 #

Oh lordy, for me Blake just screams tacky and cheap, totally agree with those saying you should chose just boobs or legs

10. Linda December 18, 2009 at 13:49 #

Blake looks amazing. Perfectly balanced with the hair and the cut of the dress and the shoes. Best I’ve seen her.

11. Alexandra December 18, 2009 at 14:04 #

i love it when Blake styles her hair that way. She looks like Aphrodite. Absolutely adoring the look!

And my girl Ashley didn’t disappointme. So effortlessly gorgeous!

12. ber December 18, 2009 at 14:15 #

Too late to nominate Blake for BDOTW? She looks smokin’!

• Fashion Critic December 18, 2009 at 14:38 #

absolutely

13. JacobGH December 18, 2009 at 14:20 #

haha i have no problem with blake showing off her assets. i think i love her in this outfit so much because she is doing less of a head-tilt pose? also has hair looks absolutely gorgeous.

14. Rosie December 18, 2009 at 14:30 #

Love Blake’s look.

Does Rachel’s eyebrows look a bit grey or is it just must screen?

15. SydneyCheapChic December 18, 2009 at 14:32 #

Blake for BDOTW.. she looks so hot here! I’m not usually into looks that show too much skin.. but something about the way she’s styled herself actually has some sophistication

16. Jen December 18, 2009 at 14:44 #

Hate Blake’s look. We know she’s got a great body, but I think flashing it like this is trashy. The rule is boobs OR legs. Way, way too much skin here.

17. AJoanna December 18, 2009 at 14:51 #

Blake, I hate to say this because normally I hate “slutty” dresses, and I kind of hate this one by itself. But she looks freaking fantastic. How does that girl do it??
    Rachel, I know what’s missing with her look. COLOR.
    Ashley looks very elegant.
    Eva seriously just ruined that nice white dress.

18. Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 14:52 #

My jaw dropped at 6:55 am this morning when I went to your site FC, because of Blake Lively. She looks absolutely amazing in my eyes.

This look for Blake is up for Best Modern Day Marilyn Monroe. She looks phenomenal and I keep coming back to her picture in utter awe. BDOTW for me for sure (she might have just surpassed Kelly for me, which so far hadn’t happened all week).

• Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 14:54 #

Oh right, as for the rest of the look…. I keep having to repeat myself here… but…

Dear Eva Mendes,

Your outfit is not particularly flattering, your hair is somewhat of a mess, and you need to fire your make up artist/consultant immediately. The white eye look is a disaster and needs to halt immediately.

Love, Me.

• Fashion Critic December 18, 2009 at 15:02 #

so very funny :D LOL

• Jennifer December 18, 2009 at 23:00 #

Haha FC, I figured if you could do a letter to Leona, I’d do an abbreviated one to Eva :D

Maybe a fun post on Sunday would be a letter to make up artists everywhere and just post pictures of stars who thus far have done the white make up and do a beg-and-plead for them to stop. This annoys me about 1,000 times more than ankle booties and two tone hair that are on trend right now. And that’s saying something.

19. YSLGirl December 18, 2009 at 15:11 #

I think Blake Lively looks like a slutty superhero. I’m waiting for her to rip off the bottom part of her dress and reveal a bathing suit because that’s what it looks like.

20. justme December 18, 2009 at 16:25 #

*sigh*
    You’d think the cold weather would make Blake tone it down a little.
    She looks amazing from the hips up. Her hair and makeup are great, going strapless was a good idea and I love the jewelry.
    Why did she modify the bottom of her dress though? It went from sexy to tacky.

21. Laura December 18, 2009 at 16:38 #

Blake looks great, but it’s always the same… dresses that hide nothing…

22. mol December 18, 2009 at 16:39 #

I’m going to fall on the side that says Blake looks awesome – sometimes you can reveal too much, but I find this whole look perfectly balanced – BDOTW contender for sure. Rachel and Ashley look very pretty, but not over the moon like Blake!

23. Caligirl December 18, 2009 at 17:10 #

Wow Blake!! Totally agree FC, she looks A-Friggin-Mazing!!! Perfect from head to toe, and she’s even posing with her head straight!! Yayyyy!!!

24. carla G. December 18, 2009 at 17:19 #

OMG!!! This has to be the sexier red carpet look this year!! Blake is so scandaloussss I love her

25. Ally December 18, 2009 at 17:32 #

Blake rocked the ish out of that dress. She kille don the red carpet.

26. jane December 18, 2009 at 18:54 #

blake lively looks AMAZING. dang. :)

27. Laura December 18, 2009 at 19:04 #

Blake’s dress is gorgeous, but I think the hair makes the look. That dress could very easily make her look like a “slut muffin,” but the hair classes the look up and shows off the hot dress.

I feel like Rachel should’ve saved the jumpsuit for a premiere that’s not hers or a promotional event or something else. I think she should’ve worn some sort of dress.

The only issue I have with Ashley’s dress is that the draping makes it too geometric and boxy, but overall, I really like the look.

Eva Mendes…ummm. White lace+black tights+shiny jacket+2 colors in the jacket=DISASTER. An absolute flop.

28. julia December 18, 2009 at 23:22 #

Btw – Ashley’s dress, which I quite like, is from Bottega Veneta’s Spring 2010 collection.
    But I have to agree with nearly everyone – Blake steals the spotlight from all other girls!

• Fashion Critic December 19, 2009 at 00:06 #

it was by Andy & Debb

29. Jackie December 19, 2009 at 05:58 #

Blake looks soooooo gooood… although I highly dislike her choice in shoes :( I’d vote for her for BDOTW, but her shoes really ruins it for me.

Rachel looks super plain! She needs color somewhere or maybe a belt or something that stands out at least a little. Non-black shoes would be nice or something strappyish. Maybe necklace… she looks so bare!

Ashley look is nothing special.

Eva looks fantastic although I think sheer black tights may be a better choice. Maybe a non-black clutch, too. Other than that, I love the blazer over the white lacy dress. Colors go so well together. I think the black looks good with it too… but there is just a bit too much of it.

30. Sue Jin December 19, 2009 at 06:21 #

She does look amazing but I don’t like her hair or her heels

31. ZJL December 19, 2009 at 08:46 #

The reason Blake looks great is because she is gorgeous. Her dress, on the other hand, is a glorified bustier with some lace draped over the hips. It is sexy, but it is not beautiful or classy or chic. So my vote is A+ for the budoir, C- for the red carpet.

Rachel looked lovely but I agree she needed some sparkle or color around her neck and wrists.

Ashley looks stunning. Everything works, EXCEPT this outfit screams for a fabulous necklace just to detract from the ever-so-slight-hotel-towel look of the dress. (really, love the dress but can you see what I mean?).

Eva makes me sad. I do not stay up waaaay past my bedtime to surf celebrity fashion sites just so I can see someone dressed the way I dressed as a college freshman who couldn’t afford wardrobes for different seasons.

32. nyma December 19, 2009 at 13:59 #

We’re getting a snow blizzard today and i vouch with all my heart to make it to the gym! why u ask ? Blake my dears :) the girl is on fire! I have the madest on crush on her n this look has left me in sheer awe. The hair, the dress, the shoes, the oomph, she brings is allll out! I cant take my eyes off of her. Girls, when u’ve got a body soo rad, who wudn’t show it all? her sexuality is bursting frm the seams. anywayz, her emmy look ia getting my best dressed of the year (contrary to popular consensus, i LOVED her hair) and she’s definitely getting my BDOTW for sure :)

• nyma December 19, 2009 at 14:01 #

om re-reading my own post, n the gym dosn make sense, lol :P shes motivating me to not sit at home in snow n work out!

33. lorna December 19, 2009 at 16:26 #

Blake looks stunning as usual.
    Yawn Eva, to boring for my liking.
    Rachel looks OK
    x

34. Laura December 19, 2009 at 22:03 #

Blake: It’s a little tacky to dress like that to someone else’s premiere. You’re not supposed to steal the show from the leading lady.

Boobs OR legs, Blake. Not both at the same time.