Rihanna totally redeems herself after wearing those hideous Jean Paul Gaultier dungarees recently.

Rihanna is like a fashion roller-coaster.

One minute she’s up, the next she’s down, and a some points you just want to be sick.

Here she is on the up at yesterday’s taping of ‘Friday Night with Jonathan Ross’ in London.

I absolutely LOVE this Alexandre Vauthier Couture Fall 2009 dress on Rihanna.

See RiRi you can look edgy and sophisticated at the same time without looking like a hobo.

The exquiste nude sequin gown looks as stunning on Rihanna as it does on the model.

In fact I think I like it better on Rihanna, as the dress drapes better with the thinner white belt.

Rihanna has worn these white ankle strap heels on several occasion, and now we know where she got them from as they were presented on the runway during Vauthier’s Fall 2009 Couture show.

Rihanna’s Stéphane Rolland look was one of my favourites this year, but this look trumps that one and is a worthy BDOTW contender.

This is now the second time Rihanna has worn a look from this talented designer.

Jonathan Ross is very funny, so I can’t wait to see this interview which airs tonight at 1035pm on BBC1, or you can watch the interview on BBC iPlayer tomorrow.

[nggallery id=264]

Credit: AlexandreVauthier.com & Rex Features

Lake Bell In Opening Ceremony & Magritte -  Jimmy Kimmel Live

Lake Bell In Opening Ceremony & Magritte – Jimmy Kimmel Live

Sarah Jessica Parker Promoting  "Did You Hear About The Morgans?" Wearing Emilio Pucci & Chanel

Sarah Jessica Parker Promoting “Did You Hear About The Morgans?” Wearing Emilio Pucci & Chanel

19 Responses to Runway To ‘Friday Night with Jonathan Ross’ – Rihanna In Alexandre Vauthier Couture

1. Anna December 18, 2009 at 16:03 #

GREAT look for her…would love to see her keep to the sleek sophisticated yet still a bit edgy styling a bit more. Hair really suits her like this too. She looks radiant in the last two pics, and its great to see a smile back on her face

2. thegoldencupcakes December 18, 2009 at 16:11 #

SHE LOOKS GREAT!!!

3. pv December 18, 2009 at 16:18 #

I think the empowering shoulder pads are too much…

4. WendyB December 18, 2009 at 16:19 #

Ooh…I want it!

5. Marvel December 18, 2009 at 16:27 #

She has me at a cross roads. I like the fact that she has toned the ‘edgeness’ of her but the shoulder pads look like they could damage someone.

BTW I didnt know you were a ‘Wossy’ fan..

• Fashion Critic December 18, 2009 at 16:36 #

huge. He’s on my Sky+ with Coronation Street. I don’t miss those shows.

6. Tina Marie December 18, 2009 at 16:27 #

I just keep seeing visions of Dallas from the 80s
    It just seems like she is trying too hard to be edgy unstead of finding a personal sense of style.

7. mol December 18, 2009 at 16:29 #

I liked Rihanna better in her Stephane Rolland dress. Here, the shoulders enter into the territory of caricature (IMO) – the wider belt would have helped as that heft helps to balance the shoulders…..it’s a very sleek, sophisticated, almost there look for me…..she does look more beautifully expressive (her smile and so on) than I’ve normally seen her though, which is a treat.

8. adrien December 18, 2009 at 16:50 #

I absolutly LOVE that look for RIhanna… She looks really nice this time from head to toe!

And her hair look soo much better…

9. yasmine December 18, 2009 at 17:28 #

it is better… but i dunno i feel like she doesnt have the attitude and persona to pull this off:/ maybe different hair do mightv done it

10. cucumber eyes December 18, 2009 at 17:41 #

this is really awful… she really has to stop trying too hard to be different.

11. Terry December 18, 2009 at 18:03 #

She actually wore Alexandre Vauthier in her “Hard” music video and on the cover of “Hard” single, too.

• mm December 18, 2009 at 18:43 #

I think that white jacket from the collection was the stand out piece in the video well besides the pink military tank! Okay I totally disliked that video. I have mixed feeling about this collection. I dont like the extreme strong shoulders but his pieces are well constructed and I like that architectural feel with some softness.
      Rihanna is so into this Hard, Edgy theme to the point that she is untouchable, spikes and all. But really women are meant to look soft and touchable.

12. Lala/S-R December 18, 2009 at 18:48 #

This is not redeeming herself in my eyes. The shoulder pads are way too empowering on her.
    I prefer it on the runway, to be honest. I’m suprised at how well that model pulled it offf. In fact, I think it kind of looks ridiculous on Rihanna.

13. Mimi December 18, 2009 at 19:12 #

looooove
    u r right, totally redeemed herself MIMISAYZSO!

14. hyacinth December 18, 2009 at 22:16 #

ha ha ha Fashion Rollercoaster – you got that so right! FC, that joke was the best!!

15. ZJL December 19, 2009 at 08:28 #

Rihanna has fun with fashion and that makes it fun for us to watch, so I LOVE watching. I think she does have a unique style, which I think she is just still honing and tuning. I think in a year or two she will have it more fine tuned. Personally, I like this dress but would have liked to see it clicked down just a notch or two. The shoulders are TOO out there (looks like the hanger was left in the dress) and Rihanna is too petite for this dress. It’s definitely a case of the dress wearing the woman. Again, not critiquing the ’80′s throwback angular look, just that it’s not quite right here.

Can’t wait to see what she wears next.

16. lorna December 19, 2009 at 16:22 #

As daring as ever R. LOvesss it on her.
    Crazy shoulder pads Eekk!

17. anna December 21, 2009 at 08:06 #

so early ’90. i don’t like it. abd Rihanna is too much young for such a piece.