16.12.09

When Bad Make-Up Happens To Good People – Nicole Kidman

Sophie was just looking at the close ups of Nicole Kidman and noticed a hell of a lot of white powder all over Nicole Kidman’s face.

When she showed me all I could say is “OMG is that real?”

Those harsh flash bulbs can be so unforgiving.

Something tells me there’s a make-up artist in New York looking for new job.

Credit: PacificCoastNews

39 Comments
Runway To Robin Thicke's Album Release Party - Leighton Meester In Mark Fast

Runway To Robin Thicke’s Album Release Party – Leighton Meester In Mark Fast

In Sandrine Pinna's Closet - Lanvin Bow Front Satin Pumps

In Sandrine Pinna’s Closet – Lanvin Bow Front Satin Pumps

39 Responses to When Bad Make-Up Happens To Good People – Nicole Kidman

1. ella December 16, 2009 at 16:02 #

lol….i saw this a few minutes ago and wanted to post it to u FC, it’s really funny cos she’s smiling.LMAO..her nose!

2. Elaine December 16, 2009 at 16:29 #

Omg this is mortifying!! I feel bad for her.

3. DADA December 16, 2009 at 16:31 #

At first, I thougt it was some kind of joke ?!!
    I mean even by looking herself in the mirror she could have seen how messy her make up was!!!
    Too bad for her, I wonder if she gonna see these kind of shoots….

4. Mar December 16, 2009 at 16:35 #

oh my… what she was thinking? it’s horrible!

5. Priscila December 16, 2009 at 16:38 #

I think this is a joke . Actually, I HOPE this is a joke. Maybe she lost a bet?

6. cucumber eyes December 16, 2009 at 17:22 #

this must me some kind of joke, because if i saw this my face lookinf like this in the mirror i would take it of, even if it was best makeup artist in the world did this…

7. Jennifer December 16, 2009 at 17:26 #

I know there is the powder all over her face, but this is commenting about something in relation to that powder.

Whoever thought up the idea of white make up around the eyes needs to be brought to justice. Leighton, Eva Mendes, Eve Longoria-Parker… and now Nicole Kidman have all embraced this makeup style… and it needs to STOP. As soon as possible. Just like ankle booties and Leona Lewis’s corsets.

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 17:27 #

I second all of what you’ve said

• DADA December 16, 2009 at 17:32 #

;-) Yeah leona lewi’s corsets trend has to stop!!!!

• Ally December 16, 2009 at 18:14 #

I’ll third everything you said. And did the woman not have a single friend at this event to tell her so she could dust some of it off?? An assistant might be looking for a new job today too.

• mol December 16, 2009 at 19:54 #

Yes indeedy, goodbye to the makeup artist and to the assistant!!! Poor Nicole, she really is crashing and burning on this promo tour – I didn’t even like her outfit for this round in new york.

• justme December 16, 2009 at 19:56 #

Light concealer is a great thing… when done right lol. Those celebs just don’t pink a shade that match their skins.
      Nicole must’ve used a broom to apply it too cause those smudges are out of this world.
      I don’t understand how she got some on her nose though. Was that on purpose? Seriously?!

• la poubelle December 16, 2009 at 23:08 #

a friend has just informed me that this new ‘trend’ is because of twighlight
      fml

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2009 at 07:37 #

that’s tragic

• MixedUpDiva December 17, 2009 at 05:32 #

LMAO so tru!

• robbie December 17, 2009 at 08:10 #

i personally sont see the problem in nicole having white make-up around her eyes, she has very pale and it is hardly ever noticeable on her except for these shots. where as eva longoria, eva mendes and even leighton have more tanned skin.

8. Laura December 16, 2009 at 17:38 #

Under regular lighting, this white makeup would have been barely noticeable. Thing is – it it’s noticeable at all under regular lights, it’s too much for bright lights and flashbulbs.

9. Charlene December 16, 2009 at 17:53 #

Am I the only one thinking she snorted “something”, then wiped her watery eyes with the “substance” still left on her fingers??

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 18:04 #

LOL…

• 44 December 17, 2009 at 04:06 #

That makes 2 of us

10. Jolie December 16, 2009 at 18:05 #

This picture is fake, right?

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 18:27 #

nope. We checked many pictures agencies and the extreme close ups were all the same

11. nicole December 16, 2009 at 18:43 #

wow that is awful!! how can she not know???? or someone not tell her?? yikes.

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 19:17 #

it’s tragic that not one single person told her, nor did she notice this herself.

12. FashionLover December 16, 2009 at 19:08 #

that looks like baby powder eww…

13. ald December 16, 2009 at 19:54 #

photographers know that some makeup brands are
    showing as white when using a flash,

for example, MAC is a big no no for photographers.
    It is usually when it contains talc. but some other pigments may show as well.

I am sure that if you were to see a video you would not even see a glimpse of white

(it still doesnt excuse the makeup artist though)

14. FashionLover December 16, 2009 at 22:44 #

FC do you know that Eonline is linking to this page through their FashionPolice?

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2009 at 07:38 #

Ah yes, I just saw the link.. :D

15. YSLGirl December 16, 2009 at 23:40 #

I feel bad for her. But hey, at least the botox has calmed down. Somebody should’ve told her!

16. Lori December 17, 2009 at 02:50 #

No this is not a joke. I know b/c the SAME thing just happened to me… I use Makeup Forever’s line of HD finishing powder.. It is white – goes on clear with no white residue but last week in photos I looked like that white and streaky… This only shows in flashes – and only if there is too much on… So I do from time to time snap a quick photo of myself to be certain my powder is blended enough…

17. e December 17, 2009 at 03:19 #

i find it hard to go with the makeup showing up as white under certain lights – simply because it’s too messily applied. if it was perfectly applied and still white i would agree with you. surely one of the other actresses at the event saw it and said nicole, come here…”. or maybe they DID see it and wanted her to get caught out! it’s dreadful. because otherwise we she looks lovely.

18. DSC18 December 17, 2009 at 04:41 #

I don’t know if this is true, but I’ve watched a couple episodes of Look-A-Like when bored and I remember that some makeup artists, when doing awards show/photo shoot/any sort of makeup that’s more intense than every day start out by applying all the foundation and then liberally dusting white powder underneath the eyes and nose to “catch” any of the falling eye shadow.

They are then supposed to sweep it off later, leaving cheeks and face free of rogue darker makeup and eyeshadow. I’m thinking maybe the makeup artist just forgot to brush it off and it didn’t show up until the cameras flashed?

19. Jackie December 17, 2009 at 06:27 #

I thought it was a joke at first too because she was smiling, and then I thought — NO WAY! I think it was a situation of concealer-gone-wrong. Maybe it was “HD?” Maybe you don’t see it in the mirror or in person, but you do on photos because of flash. I think ald (comment above) and I are on the same page with this?

SHAME!

(But we know who has the same make up artist! haha)

20. mila December 17, 2009 at 09:03 #

hahahahahaha omg….
    I would fire that make up artist immediately!!!

21. B December 17, 2009 at 17:01 #

Catwalk Queen have linked to this too FC (thought you might want to know!)

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2009 at 17:28 #

ha ha…thanks

22. Liz December 18, 2009 at 00:22 #

Well…. the powder sucks but her face actually looks good. No more fish lips, I think she’s getting better. It really sucks that the makeup artist had to mess it up, because without the power she would’ve had the best look at the premire.

23. banaz December 19, 2009 at 04:48 #

maybe she did that to herself. i think she applied some powder in a hurry while in the car on the way to the premier without knowing what it would look like.
    no stupid mae up artist would do that.

24. Riley L January 27, 2010 at 10:55 #

It looks like someones been snorting some coke…