“Nine” New York Premiere

You may remember I wasn’t particularly crazy about the trains on all dresses in the Chanel Fall 2009 Couture collection, but on Kate Hudson I like it.

The reason is because we’re so used to seeing Kate wearing mini sequin dresses, that this look is really refreshing on her, and I LOVE the hair.

She swapped the beachy braid for a beautiful bob.

It was a family affair as Goldie Hawn was there to support her daughter Kate.

She also brought the wow factor to the red carpet wearing a Christian Dior Spring 2008 fringed gown.

The legendary actress wore her dress with a Dennis Basso’s white mink capelet.

Fergie can do no wrong at the moment.

Whether she’s wearing a Preen mini or this gorgeous Marchesa Resort 2010 Grecian gown she continues to blow me away.

She was one of my faves on this carpet.

I love how she paired her look with silver sparkling accessories.

Madonna and Lourdes Leon arrived in Dolce & Gabbana looks – of course.

Madonna wore a very typical Dolce & Gabbana corset dress with black elbow length gloves. (yawn)

Daughter Lourdes wore a lace Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2010 skirt with a black bustier and pearl necklaces paired with Doc Martin boots and a leather jacket to toughen up her look.

Very early 80s Madonna.

We’ve been crying out for Marion Cotillard to grace the “Nine” red carpet with her presence and here she is.

Of course she didn’t let us down as she looked stunning wearing a strapless white column Dior gown, which she accessorised with long beaded Chopard necklaces and a black Judith Leiber clutch.

I would’ve preferred her without the necklaces, so we could marvel at the beautiful detail on her bodice.

Nicole Kidman’s Prada puff ball dress was accented with floral appliqués.

It wasn’t my favourite look on this red carpet, but much improved from the previous post.

Her strawberry blonde locks were swept to into a side bun with a piece framing her face.

Penelope Cruz looked gorgeous adding a burst of colour to this red carpet.

Her red satin Chanel Couture gown wrapped around her gorgeous body, with a draped detail across the front and a jeweled detail on the hip.

I’m loving the waves.

Like the rest of the cast Pen was glittering with Chopard jewels.

Naomi Watts was by far my favourite on this red carpet wearing a Marchesa sculpted sheath dress.

Factor in that divine raspberry, those beautiful fold details on her shoulders, that sexy peplum on her waist and the stunning silhouette and I’m in LOVE.

Head over heels.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen looked stylish on this star studded red carpet.

Mary-Kate opted for a black gown, but added a bit of colour with a harlequin jacket and a bright blue Maia N oversized clutch.

Ashley opted for all black barring her mustard Manolo Blahnik heels.

I loved her feathered coat which is very similar to the Topshop feather coat I’ve been cruising.

[nggallery id=258]

Credit: Style.com & Wireimage

Who Had The Best Promotional Tour Looks In 2009?

Who Had The Best Promotional Tour Looks In 2009?

In Rachel Bilson's Closet - Diane Von Furstenberg Erosa Printed Silk Dress

In Rachel Bilson’s Closet – Diane Von Furstenberg Erosa Printed Silk Dress

41 Responses to “Nine” New York Premiere

1. ela December 16, 2009 at 12:59 #

I’m in love with Naomi’s dress.She looks gorgeous.

2. Ally December 16, 2009 at 13:22 #

Fergie looks stunning. Most of the other ladies look wonderfull too, but she really stands out for me.

I’m still not a fan of the “lengths” on the Channel dresses. Again, dress mullets are just not okay. Goldie looks amazing though!

3. Katie December 16, 2009 at 13:28 #

That is the best i have ever seen Fergie looking, i adore her dress…

4. YSLGirl December 16, 2009 at 13:31 #

WOW, I’m impressed. Even Nicole Kidman looks great. They all have their own looks. I even tolerate the Marchesa outfits. My least favourite is Marion Cotillard. She still looks good. I just hate the details on the dress. I love the necklace. Penelope is the best dressed. Kate is second.

Goldie’s wearing the same dress that Taylor Momsen wore last year at the Golden Globes party!

I even love Madonna and Lourdes.

Naomi Watts, too, looks good, of course.

The Olsens – this is the best they have looked in a while. I love those Manolos!

5. molly December 16, 2009 at 13:32 #

It’s been a long, long time since Nicole Kidman has looked this fabulous. Remember when she use to OWN the red carpet? Welcome back, I hope.

You know it’s a good night when Marion Cotillard is the least put together of the crowd. (Not counting the Olsens because they are in their own little style category.) I agree – the necklaces detract fdress with its lovely embellished bodice. If Marion had chosen different jewelry, this would be a much better look.

Hair on all the ladies in the film (Kate, Fergie, Penelope, Nicole, Marion) is very similar in feel. I wonder if they coordinated.

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 13:42 #

I’m still waiting for Nicole to return to ‘Ownership’ status.

I still get goosebumps from the red Balenciaga gown.

6. Bego December 16, 2009 at 13:44 #

this is my favourite ‘nine’ event so far, my favourites are Marion and Kate, but all of them look really nice, including nicole. i think her dress is cute as well as her hair!

7. FelipeA December 16, 2009 at 14:15 #

These are all truly lovely, but Marion looks the best of all here, looking the most youthful i’ve seen her since the 2008 Oscars. On a side note, Nicole’s face is really starting to freak me out. it’s frozen.

8. FashionLover December 16, 2009 at 14:21 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE Naomi Watts hereI love everything about this dress…thank you Nicole Kidman for bringing your best friend to this event…total redemption!

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 14:24 #

Oh yeah. I forgot they were besties.

I was wondering why Naomi was there.

9. LeeAnn December 16, 2009 at 14:26 #

Am i the only one that thinks that Marchesa has been playing in Roland Moret/ Victoria Becham’s sandbox? Although in a much better way

10. Anastasia December 16, 2009 at 14:30 #

Fergie looks like a goodess, Madonna looks VERY good – talking about her face & figure, it seems like she’s done some plastic surgery?

Naomi has a wonderful dress in such a gorgeous color.

11. Flutterbang December 16, 2009 at 14:33 #

Nicole Kidman looks amazing! She’s my favourite for this event, if only for the amount of improvement. I love all the other outfits as well…except for the Olsen twins. They still look like drowned rats to me.

• ella December 16, 2009 at 14:57 #

lol at the drowned rat comment.Nicole looks fresh faced and i really appreciate what she’s wearing in a long time.even her hair works with her look.

i really cant decide who’s my best dressed over here as all the ladies look gorgeous! but i think Fergie steals the show.she looks simply breathtaking. My next pick would be Naomi Watts.the colour of her dress and her gold accesories are just perfect.

i applaud Kate for switching things up a bit.this look is definately different but she pulls it off…and i actually like Marion’s necklace with the dress.breaks up the bridal look. Penelope looks great in red!

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 15:15 #

good point re: Marion’s necklace. Didn’t think of that and I hate bridal-esqe red carpet dresses

12. Stuti December 16, 2009 at 14:45 #

Naomi Watts is my best dressed here!
    And oh lord, what is up with Lourdes? Please save us from another Taylor Momsen!
    I LOVE everyone here, except for maybe Nicole. Nice dress, blah heels, and my own bias.
    Kate, am not too fond of the mullet, but she pulls it off.
    Penelope is hot, and I love any colour on her.
    Also, wow at Goldie!

13. Maud December 16, 2009 at 15:22 #

1. Fergie
    2. Naomi
    3. Kate
    4. Marion
    5. Lourdes

Tom Cruise’s exes looks don’t work for me, they both look boring and oldfashioned. Nicole looks like the former alcoholic aunt you take with you at the wedding! She must stop her lip cosmetic enhancement, she looks odd

• mm December 16, 2009 at 16:44 #

LMAO at the drunk aunt comment. I know exactly what you mean about that

14. Dora December 16, 2009 at 16:08 #

Fergie looks so stunning. This BDOTW will be a very hard choice I’m afraid. (Kelly Rowland and Natalie Suliman are making a huge chance too. )
    I also love Naomi Watts and Penelope Cruz.

15. cucumber eyes December 16, 2009 at 16:11 #

i’m in love with marion and i mus disagree with you FC about her necklace i love it :) she’s my no 1 on this red carpet :) besides her i loved how fergie looked although i can’t stend her a bit but here in this white dress she looks perfect… i love how that red looks on penelope but i hate satin dressess…
    madonna like madonna nothing new, but i really don’t like that she’s turning lourdes into her “mini me”… and i just don’t know what’s the fuss about olsen sisters… they used to be great but they are getting more and more borning, and sometimes is on border with what i would call “crazy granny” style…

• mol December 16, 2009 at 20:07 #

I was just thinking that about the Olsen twins – but more that they look like elderly eccentric aunts, because of their clothes and they way they frequently pose – heads jutting forward – i feel like they both already have the elderly dowager hump, no neck thing happening!

• cucumber eyes December 16, 2009 at 21:22 #

i have to agree with you… i’m in for the egdy style, i’m totally for something different from let say “current” flow… but still you can keep it young, and playfull and not so i picked this clothes form my crazy eccentric aunt’s attick…

16. Leo December 16, 2009 at 16:22 #

Finally a “Nine” premiere that lived up to my expectations. I adore Kate Hudson in the Chanel dress, she looks amazing, she made that work and owned this red carpet.

Big props to Marion and Goldie Hawn, both looking fantastic. Fergie looks great, but I think it’s a bit safe, same for Penelope.

And the biggest surprise of this carpet is Lourdes Leon, she could show all those youg hollywood girls (and also her mom) that try too hard how to be original and look great without looking way beyond your years. Lourdes for BDOTW!

17. T. December 16, 2009 at 16:25 #

I fell in love with Kate Hudsons Chanel dress…
    & Naomi looks gorgeous too!

18. Sara December 16, 2009 at 16:50 #

Hate Penelope’s old fashioned hairstyle :(
    The dress is gorgeous, tough. Red looks great on her.

19. Lala/S-R December 16, 2009 at 17:30 #

Everyone looks lovely except for Nicole Kidman here!!! Everyone here can be nominated for best dressed except for Kidman.
    Oh, FC, can you ID the bag Ashley is carrying? I’ve seen VB in it a thousand times and I still don’t know. Also, MK’s harlequin jacket. I’m assuming if you did you’d let us know. But just in case you forgot.
    Thanks.

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 17:35 #

I never know with those two. They do a lot of vintage making it impossible to know.

• Lala/S-R December 16, 2009 at 17:49 #

For sure. How about the bag Ashley is carrying? VB has the same one.

• Lala/S-R December 17, 2009 at 05:48 #

I’m going to assume you’re unsure about the designer of Ashley’s bag. THAT’S OKAY! Was just a bit curious.
          Any who, Madonna covered those arms. Thank goodness! She looks great here.

Just checked out the live traffic feed and noticed a couple Canadians, including mehhh! Woot woot. Canada is in the his-house!

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2009 at 07:30 #

it looks like a Hermes Kelly to me

• emma December 16, 2009 at 19:55 #

i believe ashley is carrying the hermes birkin

20. Jessica December 16, 2009 at 19:06 #

love love love fergie and marion!!
    they looked fabulous

21. S December 16, 2009 at 19:51 #

I find it strange Ashley is holding an Hermes bag. A very going-to-the-office bag.

22. YSLGirl December 16, 2009 at 20:03 #

Just read that Penélope’s dress is from the Chanel Haute Couture Spring 1989 collection chosen by Karl Lagerfeld himself!

23. mol December 16, 2009 at 20:08 #

Fergie, Marion, Kate and Naomi all get a thumbs up from me, no quibbles on any detail.

24. justme December 16, 2009 at 20:12 #

Fergie and Marion are my faves on this red carpet which is odd since I don’t like white gowns too much. But they both own their looks.
    Fergie just looks like a princess and I may be in the minority but I like Marion’s necklaces with that dress.
    Fabulous ladies :)

25. Nora December 16, 2009 at 20:19 #

I think the whole cast looks great! And it’s great to have Marion finally there. I love the whole look, esp her eye makeup. Do you know if the dress is Dior?

26. ben December 17, 2009 at 01:13 #

I personally love Marion’s overall look here. The necklace works with the black nail polish, clutch and eye make-up. And the outfit is very contradictory, which i love. she’s my favourite here.

I do love Kate Hudson’s, but if her dress was full-length, i think she would have had one of the best dresses of the decade.

And i’m a huge fan of the olsens – and i really love both their looks here. Who would have thought Mary-Kate could look better than Ashley for once?!

27. ZJL December 19, 2009 at 09:12 #

mary-kate and ashley look what my grandma would call “ragamuffins”.

Not as in love with Naomi’s dress. Love the color and detail, but looks like something that belongs on a full-length gown, not a knee-length pencil skirt shape.

Love Kate, do NOT love her dress. She looks better in a mini or a long dress. This length is not flattering for her petiteness. Also the light top and dark skirt color gradiation further breaks up her height. All of it shortening rather than elongating her figure.

kisses and love.

28. megan bush December 19, 2009 at 15:46 #

Its actually a battle of the black and white fashion . Stunning white dress by Madonna . She likes an pretty angel with her dress. I learned Madonna’s fashion tips from image consulting group

29. Samantha January 8, 2010 at 20:31 #

After wowing us all in Atelier Versace at the ”Nine” London Premiere, Kate Hudson gave us more fabulous couture in this silver and black sequin mini from the Chanel Fall 2009 Couture with a black train.

I love that she opted out of the lace tights from the runway and how she styled her hair.

I hope she keeps this current standard up.

Much like her daughter, Goldie Hawn is always so full of life and energy.

The actress wore a black Christian Dior Spring 2008 flapper-esque dress paired with a white Dennis Basso capelet and black gloves.

It’s great to see celebrities going back to older collections proving that a good collection can still be worn well after the season it was presented for.

Are you drooling over Penelope Cruz’s lucious red Chanel Couture satin gown like I am?

She brought a burst of colour to the red carpet which mostly consisted of black and white looks in her one-shouldered dress with draping and a jewel detail on the hip.

She added Chopard jewels and gorgeous waves to complete her look.

Marion Cottilard will be forever chic but I’m missing the usual wow factor from her look.

Her strapless white Chrisitan Dior column gown with an embellished bodice is beautiful.

Maybe my expectations were too high. She didn’t disappoint though to be fair.

Fergie can added another dress to her string of terrific looks.

The Black Eyed Peas singer shows she can go from edgy to feminine as she shows in this white one-shouldered Marchesa Resort 2010 gown with a gold belt to give it a Grecian vibe.

Like Fergie, Naomi Watts knocks it out of the park in Marchesa.

This has to be one of her best looks yet.

Between the raspberry colour, the peplum on the waist and the folds on the shoulder, I’m in love with this dress, are you?

Nicole Kidman donned a black strapless puffball dress accented with floral appliques from Prada.

She looks much better than in the previous posts but Nicole seems to have lost her spark recently.

Madonna and her daughter Lourdes Leon both arrived in Dolce & Gabanna looks.

Madge wore a Dolce & Gabanna black lace corset dress with leather gloves.

Lourdes wore a tiered lace Spring 2010 skirt , a black bustier, a leather jacket plus Doc Martins and multiple strands of pearls.

Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen graced the red carpet, looking stylish as always.

Mary Kate wore a black dress brightened up with a harqulein jacket and a blue Main N croc clutch.

Ashley’s look was mostly black – excluding her mustard Manolo Blanhik pumps – including a fabulous feather coat and a Herm