16.12.09

46th Golden Horse Awards

Hong Kong actress Maggie Cheung looked stunning walking the red carpet wearing an Elie Saab Fall 2009 Couture gown, from the designers all white collection.

I love the dress with it’s one sleeve to the feathered hem.

I understand why Maggie would have wanted a belt to break up all that white, but why did it have to be that cream Alaia belt?

This kinda ruins this look for me.

I love this picture of Taiwanese-French actress Sandrine Pinna.

Firstly because she looks adorable in her ruffled Lanvin Resort 2010 strapless dress, but also because she appears to be mimicking the runway picture by standing on one leg.

Lanvin bow-front satin pumps complete her look.

I don’t normally think of Lanvin pieces as sexy, but Hu Tingting certain gives this dress with a very thigh-high split that appeal.

A strappy sandal would’ve have made this look even sexier.

Vivian Hsu opted for a beautiful necklace with her Chanel Resort 2010 black dress.

You may remember that Blake Lively recently wore this same dress with a similar necklace to the Chanel “Fete D’Hiver” Fall Gala.

We’re seeing more and more Salvatore Ferragamo on the red carpets in Asia, and I’m so happy about this as we don’t see enough of the brand elsewhere.

Michelle Chen opted for this nude strapless dress with a criss cross detail on the bodice from the Fall 2009 collection.

I just love the way she politely holds her Bottega Veneta clutch.

I’m glad she decided against the shimmering turtle-neck with the brown cuffs.

Ivy Chen also looked adorable wearing a white Christian Dior Spring 2008 strapless dress with a floral detail on the bodice.

I totally understand why people keep going back to this Spring 2008 collection, because it one of Galliano’s best for Dior.

As much as I love the pop of colour from Momoco Tao’s aqua strapless draped Lanvin Resort 2010 dress, I’m like a bull to a red flag in lust for her red YSL eel skin pumps heels.

I’m drooling.

Model Lynn Hung has the perfect proportions to pull off this stunning canary yellow Valentino Fall 2009 plunging gown.

I’m getting a Dior vibe from Li Bingbing’s whie gown, which is very similar to Marion Cotillard’s from the “Nine” New York premiere.

Like Marion, Li looks absolutely beautiful.

A chic updo and that emerald necklace perfect this look.

I was convinced that Shu Qi’s gown was from the Ralph Lauren Fall 2009 collection, but on closer inspection it appears that the two gowns are just very similar.

The 2009 Cannes Film Festival judge glows in her shimmering strapless gown.

Prudence Liew added a bit of sass to this event full of cute dresses and event appropriate gowns.

I love her leather strapless dress with its ruffles and folded details.

The look is completed with a pair of Gucci Iman heels.

What a fabulous event. Thanks to all those who directed me to it.

Credit: Style.com, Zuma & Getty

In Sandrine Pinna's Closet - Lanvin Bow Front Satin Pumps

In Sandrine Pinna’s Closet – Lanvin Bow Front Satin Pumps

In Leona Lewis' Closet - Stella McCartney Chain-Embellished Faux Leather Bag

In Leona Lewis’ Closet – Stella McCartney Chain-Embellished Faux Leather Bag

32 Responses to 46th Golden Horse Awards

1. cucumber eyes December 16, 2009 at 17:30 #

they all look stunning :) but i must say i love Maggie Cheung and that dress on her even with belt, it makes dress even more interesting for me it’s BDOTW material… besides her i can’t help myself not to drool ofer those Momoco Tao’s red heels (i’m crazy for the red shoes)… they really spice up the whole look…

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 17:36 #

I’m totally crazy for red shoes.

2. mm December 16, 2009 at 17:46 #

WOW, WOW, WOW! Did i say Wow LOL!! These women all look stunning, i so agree. Love the neck pieces from Li Bingbing and Vivian Hsu

3. Ally December 16, 2009 at 18:12 #

I love that Elie Saab collection so much and that belt just destroys it. So sad :(.

I’m also lusting over those red shoes.

4. Dora December 16, 2009 at 18:14 #

Wow I love all these dresses. It’s hard to pick a favorite but I think i’m choosing Momoco Tao. The red shoes + necklace are just making this dress zo amazing.

Will there be a WWIB for Blake Lively and Vivian Hsu (If you do, I’ll chose Vivian, she just totally owns this look.)

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 18:26 #

yep…already written and schedule to post.

• justme December 16, 2009 at 19:50 #

Vivian has my vote too. It was so bland on Blake while it makes Vivian look like a goddess. And thank God her gown hits the floor.

• Elaine December 16, 2009 at 21:23 #

Maybe it’s something with Blake’s eyes that make me think she looks very empty everytime. Don’t get me wrong. She’s beautiful and got a hot bod, but I just don’t see more from her =/

5. Adrien December 16, 2009 at 18:57 #

<3 Maggie <3

6. mol December 16, 2009 at 19:06 #

For me too Maggie Cheung’s belt is not good – I can’t even embrace it as a quirky, interesting addition< Not fond of Maggie’s hair either, damn!! as I love this dress.

Everyone looks so good, but my favs are Sandrine Pine, a total adorable package and also, Li Bingbing looks perfect.

7. Matt December 16, 2009 at 19:11 #

They all look amazing. There is never any tackiness or tyring to hard or over the top styling for this Asian goddesses, they always look classy

8. Pablo December 16, 2009 at 19:46 #

Never heard of these awards, but as always with Asian events, the ladies are amazing!! How come they all have model bodies?? Great event!!

9. zoe December 16, 2009 at 20:06 #

wow, this is such a well dressed event. seriously these asian women know how to DRESSSSS! i love them <33333333333333333 i am dying over that elie saab dress. it is so sumptuous. and momoco tao looks so amazing. the red and blue look dazzling together! i could go on and on, but seriously ALL of these women look absolutely amazing. sigh…:)

10. jared December 16, 2009 at 20:21 #

The Asian stars always seems to look perfect on every red carpet

11. Tania December 16, 2009 at 20:46 #

Momoco shoes are lovely, Ilove red shoes too do you know who there by?

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 21:01 #

possibly Versace by the shape, but not sure

• Fashion Critic December 18, 2009 at 16:10 #

they were YSL

12. Elaine December 16, 2009 at 21:26 #

I love Ms. Tao <3 she has pretty amazing outfits everyweek during her show Superstar Avenue! I should try to find some and send them to you!!!

13. Linda December 16, 2009 at 23:19 #

Wow! Momoco Tao is awesome! But they’re all amazing! Best dressed red carpet event of the year for sure, eh?

14. YSLGirl December 16, 2009 at 23:37 #

Why do Asian women have to be stunning?

I’m disappointed with Maggie Cheung’s outfit. She usually goes for better designers. A downgrade.

15. miss f December 17, 2009 at 05:13 #

The RED shoes are by YSL, with pencil thin heels. Looks exactly like the pair I bought from SAKS for over a ridiculous amount and returned because i couldnt justify spending such an amount on a pair of shoes. Guess who is beating themselves up now. So totally woorth the price.

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2009 at 07:31 #

thanks Miss F. You must be kicking yourself. They are GORGEOUS

16. Jackie December 17, 2009 at 06:30 #

Momoco Tao for BDOTW! Her necklace and shoes are such a nice shade of vibrant red. Her dress is such a pretty color and the Lanvin dreamy draping… OH it’s like heaven! Everything goes so well together and you can tell that she loves it!

I love when celebrities look happy/excited/cheerful on the red carpet! That’s why Kate Hudson is always a knockout!

17. Szonja December 17, 2009 at 15:15 #

I guess Amy Adams has worn the same Christian Dior Spring 2008 dress as Ivy Chen, am I right?

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2009 at 15:38 #

i think so

18. patti December 17, 2009 at 16:30 #

Gosh, they really do dress well! Amazing. But your taste is too controversial for me. Maggie Cheung looks stunning and the nude belt suits the dress so well, and if the whole outfit is white – every single accesories are white – it would look like a brides dress. For me that outfit is so stunning, original and different and the best i’ve seen for a while. And you judged it by the color of the belt???!

• Fashion Critic December 17, 2009 at 16:58 #

We all have our own opinions. Which was are all entitled to.

I’ve made my commentary and never feel the need to justify them.

You like the belt, I don’t and others didn’t. Life still goes on.

• patti December 19, 2009 at 13:02 #

Of course we all have our own opinions, and sometimes i like to express mine. Isn’t it okay to discuss own opions about fashion with each others at times? I think it’s more exciting that way. I really like your website and read it daily. Nice job :)

19. MEME December 18, 2009 at 07:17 #

I love those Gucci heels…..

20. Ela December 20, 2009 at 06:09 #

OMG they all looked gorgeous.
    Not one of them looked bad to me.

21. Jen December 21, 2009 at 23:07 #

I bet Li Bingbing’s necklace is jade, not emerald. the colour appears more jade on my screen, and given the asian context, I put my money on Jade.