15.12.09

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Year?

Remember the time when Jessica Stroup, Iman and Paula Abdul made the cut on the BDOTW lists during Cannes Film Festival?

Look back over the Best Dressed of the Week polls to help make your decision as to who was your favourite this year.

Click Here to Vote

The Top 10 will be announced on 22nd December.

"Cheryl's Night In"

“Cheryl’s Night In”

"Sherlock Holmes" World Premiere

“Sherlock Holmes” World Premiere

23 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Year?

1. robbie December 15, 2009 at 12:25 #

i know she wont win and i know my pick is very predictable, but i have to say kylie at the brits in that gorgeous black dolce and gabbana dress. simply because it has been one of the best looks she has wore this year and also because she looked drop dead gorgeous!

2. Jennifer December 15, 2009 at 13:46 #

Go to page 13 in the archieved pages to get to the start of 2009 everyone!

I have my list to four or five looks, and I just don’t know which ones to put up. One is easy not to put up because I know loads of other people will vote for it, but should I put it up anyways? I was thinking more of the ones that might get bypassed that were phenomenal looks.

3. Laveena December 15, 2009 at 18:03 #

Not easy to compile a poll of such a magnitude, with so many beautiful, best dressed gorgeous ladies this year, hard to even pick one you like the most? You have quite a task FC! Am sure you’ll enjoy it very much. Cheers! You are my favourite. :)

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2009 at 19:08 #

not easy at all. I’ve narrowed it down to 22 so far

4. Laura December 15, 2009 at 19:16 #

My favorite look of the year is actually Christina Ricci just this past week… but I would like to see Best Dressed of the Year go to someone who had several amazing looks, rather than to a single look – so I submitted Drew Barrymore. Been a great year for her.

(Can you set up a poll with individual people, and show each of their nominated looks? )

5. Christy December 15, 2009 at 21:28 #

I just can’t go past Eva Mendes in that stunning yellow bill blass dress – everything else just pales in comparison, she looked so amazing!

6. nisha December 15, 2009 at 23:34 #

it was so much fun to go back and have a look at alll the great looks.i made my choice by choosing nine ladies who i thought were good. then i went through each weeek’s poll and gave them 1 point for each look in the poll they had and 2 if they won reader’s or critic’s choice. i found that diane kruger was by far the most featured within my nine ladies so i am going to vote for her and she always looks great so she deserves it. drew was second she reallly had a great run with grey gardens.i was disaapointed in victoria beckham this year as she became so predicatble but she still made it to third out of the ladies i chose.thank you so much FC for this wonderful blog i make sure i cehck it 2 – 3 times a day. i appreciate this even more after looking at the great coverage from 2009.

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 09:08 #

thanks so much Nisha. I’m glad it has given you so much pleasure.

7. Christina December 15, 2009 at 23:48 #

I have a feeling Kerry Washington and Zoe Saldana will be on the list.

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 09:07 #

could be. The top 10 changes every day

8. Regina December 16, 2009 at 08:15 #

Tilda!She looked fantastic and i adore this color on her

9. Regina December 16, 2009 at 08:38 #

I voted for Michelle Obama in Peter Soronen)she was my fav look of the year

10. Adrien December 16, 2009 at 16:39 #

This is sooo hard… I have 17 looks…

• Adrien December 16, 2009 at 17:36 #

Now I have two choices…

- Amanda Seyfreid in Peter Pilotto for Glamour Women of the Year Awards.
      - Chiling Lin in Salvatore Ferragamo for China Huabiao Film Awards.

The question is how to decide between a young and vibrant look and a classy and sophisticated one?!

How long do we have to make a choice F.C.?

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 17:39 #

Monday. The list goes out on Tueday

• Adrien December 16, 2009 at 18:55 #

And then Maggie Cheung came and knocked me down!!!

11. Julia December 16, 2009 at 22:27 #

FC, when the list comes out do we then vote again or will you and your team decide on a winner? Also, this might seem like a silly question but we can only vote once right? I’ve got two standouts but I’ll have to narrrow it down – it’s been such a chic year!

• Fashion Critic December 16, 2009 at 22:35 #

The top 10 will be announced on Tuesday and the voting will be closed. There will be no poll or revote

The top 10 will decided purely on the votes.

12. mol December 17, 2009 at 01:50 #

Yikes, I better get busy, I have a list of nine, have to chose one……

13. zoe December 17, 2009 at 22:06 #

oh no! i didn’t get to vote and i really wanted to vote for michelle yeoh in green versace at the canne’s film festival but it took me forever to double check exactly what she was wearing i’m so sad now..:( anyway, if you’re reading this michelle yeoh, you were my best dressed! :D lovedddd that dress, can’t get it out of my mind!

14. claire December 18, 2009 at 20:32 #

aaaah i missed the deadline for the first vote!!!
    my best dressed for the year were: diane kruger, marion cotillard and emma watson
    hope they’ll be in the final 10! :)

15. Lucas December 19, 2009 at 05:13 #

Hey FC, what an great year! I have been following your AMAZING blog since last September and you have come so far, and achieved so much! Congratulations on everything! It was really difficult for me, but I finally narrowed my choices for BDOTY down to 3 looks: (in alphabetical order by their first name) Donetella Versace in Spring 2010 Ateliar Versace at the White House Correspondents Association Dinner, Michelle Obama in custom  Naeem Khan at the First State Dinner, Zoe Salanda in either RM by Roland Mouret at the London Premiere of “Avatar”, or in Prabal Gurung during her “Star Trek” press tour. My runner-ups were Kerry Washinton in Zuhair Muraid at the Cannes Film Festival,  Lucy Liu in Lanvin at the Indie Spirit Awards, Kate Hudson in Chanel Couture at the New York Premiere of “Nine”, and Amanda Seyfried in vintage Chanel at TIFF. Keep up the amazing work FC! RCFA rocks!!!! I can’t wait for awards season!!!! :)

• Fashion Critic December 19, 2009 at 10:23 #

Hey Lucas, thanks so much for your support.

I too can’t wait for awards season. I have a feeling it’s going to be a good one.

Happy Holidays x