“Sherlock Holmes” World Premiere

As much as I love Rachel McAdams’ Andrew GN Spring 2010 slate grey gown with embellished panels, I’m not in love with the Victorian hairstyle.

The style maybe classic to some, but for me it ages Rachel a little bit.

My blogging buddy Sophie doesn’t agree, and I’m sure many of you won’t agree with me either.

Her gown however is BDOTW worthy.

I’m totally in love with Kelly Reilly’s chiffon nude Alberta Ferretti Spring 2010 gown, which unfortunately got soaked by our Great British weather.

This gown was my favourite from that collection, so I’m happy to see it worn so beautifully on the red carpet.

Another worthy contender, and my favourite on this post.

Heather Graham opted for something younger and sexier.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw Heather wearing her L’Wren Scott ivory polka-dot dress with Christian Louboutin ivory enguille ankle boots was Sarah Jessica Parker.

The reason is because SJP wore a very similar look – in fact she wore the same boots -to the 2008 MTV Movie Awards.

I’ve got a thing for big wild hair at the moment, so I adore Heather tresses.

Unlike Rachel, Heather didn’t brave the cold for long, as she covered up with a black L’Wren Scott cape to keep her warm.

[nggallery id=253]

Credit: Style.com, London Features  & Wireimage

Andrea Duro In Andrew Gn & Roksanda Ilincic - Malaga Film Festival

Andrea Duro In Andrew Gn & Roksanda Ilincic – Malaga Film Festival

Runway To Golden Globe Awards Nominations Announcement - Diane Kruger In Chanel

Runway To Golden Globe Awards Nominations Announcement – Diane Kruger In Chanel

14 Responses to “Sherlock Holmes” World Premiere

1. robbie December 15, 2009 at 12:18 #

rachel, that is one ugly colour on her. and the hair????? a bit too messy for the red carpet.

kelly, nice dress love the colour.

heather, barbie doll comes to mind. im curious did these boots ever actually make it preduction or is it only celebs that get them? i would kill for a pair of those. her dress is alright nothing special.

2. Lee-Shay December 15, 2009 at 12:21 #

Rachel McAdams = perfection! BDOTW! Love everything – dress, hair, make-up, jewellery.

• Sophie December 19, 2009 at 04:02 #

I totally agree! I am in love with her dress and her hair looks amazing!

3. mm December 15, 2009 at 12:28 #

Kelly Reilly wins for me. Love how the hair complements the embellishments of the gown. She is giving us a soft, warm, touchable look. I think Rachel looks gorgeous, but i am not feeling the braid with this gown.

4. Erik December 15, 2009 at 12:43 #

I actually love how the rain drenched her dress like that :)

• Jess December 15, 2009 at 23:45 #

that’s what I was about to say

5. Ally December 15, 2009 at 12:55 #

Completely agree that the hair ages Rachel. I didn’t even recognize her at first. But the gown is lovely.

6. ber December 15, 2009 at 14:27 #

Rachel ruined that gorgeous dress. I’ve never seen her look so bad.

Kelly for BDOTW.

7. Maud December 15, 2009 at 14:27 #

WOW for Kelly Reilly, love the romantic look with her hair and that dress is a BDOTW contender!
    Heather Graham looks like an old version of Lindsay Lohan: cheap, tacky, oldfashioned and messy!

8. Linda December 15, 2009 at 15:36 #

Rachael McAdam – I was shocked to learn that was her! I thought, that’s a nice dress, but who is that 40-ish person? Totally unrecognizable. Dress is gorgeous though.

9. justme December 15, 2009 at 16:25 #

FC, you actually took a nice pic of Rachel. Cause up close, her makeup and hair are even more tragic.
    Such a shame cause I love her but this look wasn’t working at all.

Kelly looks amazing though. I think she’s definitely BDOTW contender material. The soaked part of her dress actually looks good. Now that’s talent lol.

10. mol December 15, 2009 at 17:19 #

I like Rachel McAdam’s dress, but I LOVE Kelly Reilly’s whole look – she’s a BDOTW contender for me.

11. zoe December 15, 2009 at 18:53 #

all the women in this post look absolutely beautiful in what they are wearing and rachel looks so stunning in her closeup but my vote goes to kelly reilly who is seriously looking like a goddess in that dress.

12. DanielleS. December 17, 2009 at 00:08 #

I love the Ferretti dress, the color is beautiful and would look good on any skin tone