15.12.09

Runway To “Inglourious Basterds” DVD Launch – Diane Kruger In Chanel

Last night Diane Kruger was attended the “Inglourious Basterds” DVD Launch in LA with long-time beau Joshua Jackson.

Diane Kruger looks so very cute in her Chanel Spring 2010 ivory mini dress with rosette details going across the waist.

I love the marcel waves, the bold red lips, but the way she’s carrying her bag is not working for me.

The only thing that should be carried on the red carpet is a clutch, confidence and style.

Unfortunately Diane chose to wear her bag with the chain going across her body, thus throwing me off the look.

I wish she would’ve either worn it on one shoulder or wrapped the chain around her wrist. Anything else would’ve worked for me.

Yes I’m a fussy old girl, but I’m I alone here?

[nggallery id=254]

Credit: Style.com, London Features & Wireimage

"Sherlock Holmes" World Premiere

“Sherlock Holmes” World Premiere

Runway To Golden Globe Awards Nominations Announcement - Diane Kruger In Chanel

Runway To Golden Globe Awards Nominations Announcement – Diane Kruger In Chanel

12 Responses to Runway To “Inglourious Basterds” DVD Launch – Diane Kruger In Chanel

1. mm December 15, 2009 at 14:17 #

I agree FC, that is my pet peeve, i cant stand shoulder bags on the red carpet. She does look adorable otherwise.

2. Maud December 15, 2009 at 14:22 #

You are so right FC, that bag is just out of place, it looks odd and she looks like she is waiting for the school bus! yuk don’t like the look and don’t like her, I don’t think you can pull the glamour hollywood look, she is too common

3. Ally December 15, 2009 at 14:44 #

Yeah…bag thrown over the shoulder just makes me think of my 13 yr-old self hitting the mall…

But I will forgive her b/c she brought Josh with her! Clearly her best accessory.

4. Rosie December 15, 2009 at 14:51 #

I loved that dress on the runway, but for once Diane ruined it for me.

I’m not fond of the shoes either….I’d rather something more pretty and delicate.

5. Ij December 15, 2009 at 14:58 #

You’re not…when I saw her that’s exactly what I thought before I read your comments! The dress definitely deserved to be paired with a clutch!!!

6. Linda December 15, 2009 at 15:32 #

First thing I thought upon seeing the pic…couldn’t agree more with FC.

7. JoltOfDavid December 15, 2009 at 15:43 #

The chain is too short, that’s the problem. Otherwise, the bag’s just fine. Sometimes a clutch can look too prentious, especially if you’re wearing just a cute little frock.

• justme December 15, 2009 at 16:21 #

ITA. I think it was a good idea to wear a shoulder bag with this dress. But the chain is short and instead of looking cute, Diane ends up looking awkward.
      I’m not a big fan of her shoes either.

8. Dana December 15, 2009 at 15:54 #

I agree that the shoulder bag ruins the look in this case, but I like that Diane’s not afraid to break the rules. I don’t think that in this day and age, anyone HAS to wear anything to any event. I’m just biased, though, because I adore her.

9. Stuti December 15, 2009 at 16:00 #

Oh you are not alone FC. I HATE shoulder bags of any kind on the red carpet, even if they are Chanel.
    Bleargh.
    I don’t like the dress, at all. I think it could be cute, but as of now, it is just too tween.
    Diane is gorgeous though. Absolutely gorgeous.

10. mol December 15, 2009 at 17:03 #

I think Diane has taken an overly precious Chanel dress and made it completely chic and casual – KL should be pleased.

11. YSLGirl December 15, 2009 at 19:49 #

Diane Kruger is not one to follow rules. Personally clutches bore me, which is why I enjoy seeing small bags on the red carpet from time to time. One thing I noticed though, was the posing. Her posing and hand on bag kind of reminds me of Alexa Chung!