14.12.09

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Year?

I’m starting to put together the ‘Red Carpet Fashion Awards Reader Choice Best of The Year’.

Look back over the Best Dressed of the Week polls to help make your decision as to who was your favourite.

Remember that week we just couldn’t make a decision between Katy Perry in Marchesa, Beyonce in Atelier Versace and Camilla Belle in Alexander McQueen?

Click Here to Vote

The Top 10 will be announced on 22nd December.

Update: Please note Diane Kruger wore Marchesa to Cannes and the “Inglourious Basterds” Sydney premiere and Chanel more than once so please specify.

Also Kerry Washington wore Zuhair Murad at Cannes and the San Sebastian Film Festival: Closing Ceremony so please specify.

Runway To X Factor Final - Cheryl Cole In Zuhair Murad & Georges Chakra

Runway To X Factor Final – Cheryl Cole In Zuhair Murad & Georges Chakra

Runway To The Street Of Paris - Victoria Beckham In Burberry Prorsum & Antonio Berardi

Runway To The Street Of Paris – Victoria Beckham In Burberry Prorsum & Antonio Berardi

36 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Year?

1. Victoria December 14, 2009 at 11:26 #

Hi FC!

I only came across your site in the middle of this year so this will be my first BDTY! :D

This is so awesome and so is your site. I’ve been checking RCFA everyday without fail. :)

I’ve managed to narrow down my top 3 for this year!
    In no particular order:

– Diane Kruger
    – Emma Watson
    – Camilla Belle

Now I just need to pick one.. :)

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 11:31 #

Hi Victoria, I always look forward to the BDOTY as it usually differs quite heavily from mine baring one or 2 amazing looks.

Thanks for your kind comments. Glad you hear you love it as much as I do.

2. Kyutipye December 14, 2009 at 11:37 #

Hi FC, been a while, I got married last weekend. It was a traditional Ghanaian ceremony, so no fabulous gown for me, lol, maybe for the church wedding (fingers crossed)

I am still struggling on the BDOTY. will comment later after deciding.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 11:46 #

WOW…congratulations. So pleased for you.

I’m still deciding on my top 10. It won’t be easy.

3. Dora December 14, 2009 at 12:23 #

I should be studying right now but I’m so excited for my first BDTY. I have no idea who I’ll chose. I will probably comment later with my favorites.

• Dora December 14, 2009 at 12:47 #

-Emma Watson in vintage Ossie Clark
      -Zoe Saldana in Calvin Klein
      – Kerry Washington In Zuhair Murad
      – Devon Aoki in Roberto Cavalli
      -Victoria Beckham in Armani
      -Kate Hudson in Oscar de la Renta

This is my list so far. I think I’ll send my BDOTY tomorrow.

Oh BTW, I noticed this:
      January 9th, 2009: Total Votes: 1,565
      December 11th, 2009: Total Votes: 3,548
      Congratz! You deserve this.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 13:04 #

Thanks for your requests.

I’ll add them to the list but can I please ask everyone else to vote via the link as it is easier to calculate

With regards to the poll. I noticed that too. It makes my very proud. :)

4. Camilla December 14, 2009 at 12:38 #

Zhang Ziyi, Chanel Couture – you know which look I’m talking about!!

Otherwise, anything we’ve seen Diane Kruger in – perhaps the Herve Leger on her Inglorious Basterds tour.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 12:41 #

Thanks. Please can you add your requests via the link as it’s easier for me to track.

5. Lexa December 14, 2009 at 13:14 #

For me:
    Kerry Washington in Zuhair Murad during Cannes Festival: http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u284/Fashion_Critic_/2009/May%202009/kerrywashingtonbd.jpg
    Diane Krueger in Nina Ricci, red Marchesa, and short and sparkly Atelier Versace
    and Zoe Saldana in that silver RM by Roland Mouret gown :)

6. Ally December 14, 2009 at 13:40 #

I did it by the link, but I just wanted to comment. My pick for best dressed actresses for the year would be Diane Kruger, Emma Watson, Camila Bell, Zoe Saldana and Anne Hathaway. Single red carpet showing would go to Anne Hathaway at the Oscars this year in Armani Privé.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 14:45 #

OK thanks

7. SydneyCheapChic December 14, 2009 at 13:50 #

I can’t believe it’s that time of the year again.. it’s going to be so tough this year..

8. Flutterbang December 14, 2009 at 14:37 #

Paz Vega in Gucci still takes my breath away – along with Emma Watson and Kate Hudson, but I voted for Paz :D

9. Noodles December 14, 2009 at 14:46 #

Oh I have soooo many!

What I can think of:
    -Emma watson in christopher kane
    -camilla belle in both the alexander mcqueens and marchesa
    -Blake Lively in Marchesa at where the wild things are premiere
    -Cheryl cole in general, I loved everyhting she wore this year

10. Katie December 14, 2009 at 14:47 #

My goodness it was so difficult to decide! I look forward to checking out this website everyday, love it!

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 14:49 #

thanks Katie :)

11. silvana.stredel December 14, 2009 at 16:05 #

Im undecided between Camilla Belle in Alexander McQuenn and Hilary Swank in Vionnet!
    But I really loveeed Marisa Tomei’s Atelier Versace Gown at the Oscars, and Amanda Seyfried’s Peter Pilotto Dress at the Glamour Women of the Year Awards.
    As for designer of the Year, I have to go with Stella Mccartney, as I loved her Resort 2010 collection (even though its a 2010 collection) because everyone seemed to love it and many celebrities have worn it beautifully.

12. mydress December 14, 2009 at 16:07 #

Leighton Meester in Louis Vuitton
    Zoe Saldana in Roland Mouret
    Christina Ricci in Marc Jacobs
    Camilla Belle in Alexander Mcqueen
    Camilla Belle in Marchesa
    Anne Hathaway in Marc Jacobs (costume institute gala)
    Diane Kruger in Versace (the one and only time I liked Versace)
    and Katy Perry in Marchesa

Emma watson in Christopher Kane
    Anne Hathaway in Marc Jacobs
    Camilla Belle in Alexander Mcqueen
    Camilla Belle in Marchesa
    Iman In Donna Karan

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 18:02 #

If you could add them to the voting form that would be great.

15. Rebecca December 14, 2009 at 18:34 #

This is going to be so difficult and this is also my first year voting. I will have to include Diane Kruger in Marchesa for a start – it was THE moment of Cannes for me.

Thanks so much for all your work this year and I love the site.

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 18:53 #

glad you are enjoying it :D

16. Naomi December 14, 2009 at 19:43 #

It was a tough choice between Daphne Fernandez in the Hannibal Laguna gown and Emma Watson in vintage Ossie Clark!
    But in the end my vote went to the beautiful and curvilicious Daphne.

17. Jennifer December 14, 2009 at 22:46 #

FC, if you repost this each day, you might want to note that when they click to look back at all the BDOTW polls they need to go to page 13 for 2009.

And I am working on compiling my list right now… Going page by page. :) Way to go FC for all your hard work this year!!

• Fashion Critic December 14, 2009 at 22:52 #

thanks Jennifer will do. :)

18. Jessica December 14, 2009 at 23:07 #

Michelle Obama in Jason Wu
    Iman In Donna Karan
    Lucy Liu in Monique
    Kerry Washington in Zuhair
    Emma watson in Christopher Kane
    Emma Watson in vintage Ossie Clark!
    Taraji P. Henson in Zac Posen
    Camilla Belle in Marchesa
    Thandie newton (always)
    Emma Watson in Saloni
    Selita Ebanks in J Mendel

19. Laura December 14, 2009 at 23:36 #

I had 10 or so I nominated, but 3 that really stood out were:
    Zoe Saldana in RM by Roland Mouret- Awesome Structure!
    Megan Fox in Donna Karan- A dramatic dress in an amazing color!
    Michelle Obama in Jason Wu- Amazing dress for such an iconic event.

Oh and I accidentally put the date in the event box. I hope my votes make sense.

20. Lala/S-R December 15, 2009 at 02:55 #

Great idea to do this, FC. It’s a hard choice, but great idea!!!
    Congratulations on another year, FC! Good luck with next year. How long has it been now since you first launced this site?

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2009 at 07:32 #

It’s been going since Feb 2007 so nearly 3 years

21. pri December 15, 2009 at 03:55 #

just in general for the year my best dressed were thandie newton, freida pinto and charlize theron.

22. Alfredo December 15, 2009 at 04:08 #

Ooooh this is going to be hard.

-Rachel Weisz in that stunning green Valentino, her hair was perfect
    -Beyonce in the pink Atelier Versace, the fit was just exquistite!
    -Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive at the Oscars, a true work of art that gown is (Marissa’s Atelier Versace is as well)
    -Eva Mendez in the white Dior at the Golden Globes, the necklace and the hair were perfect
    -Gisele in Versace at the Met, that color was amazing!
    -Eva Longoria in that stunning baby blue Atelier Versace at the Cannes film festival, now THAT’s a gown!
    -January Jones in that mint Atelier Versace, the skirt was to die for.
    -Megan Fox in the purple Donna Karan and Dark red Cavalli, her legs took them to another level

Versace had one hell of a year, almost everyone who wore the label looked flawless, I just realized that most of my choices were from Donatella’s designs.

23. Teleholic December 15, 2009 at 04:23 #

How often can you vote on the website? Would you prefer it if we only voted once per best dressed person rather than voting for the same one over and over? Or is it okay with you if we vote more than once?

Once again, thank you for running this site!! You introduced me to the fashion world and I love you for that!

• Fashion Critic December 15, 2009 at 07:09 #

as often as you like :D

24. Spanish lover December 15, 2009 at 19:53 #

Such a hard decission. But I’m not sure if we’re voting for just one look, or the global of the year.
    Anyhow, my favorites are:
    -Kate Beckinsale. I adore her. In J.Mendel at the Critic’s choice and in Marchesa at the Costume Gala.
    -Diane Kruger in Marchesa at 6th annual NY dinner.
    -Christina Ricci in Marc Jacobs at Amfar Gala.
    -Giselle Büdchen in Versace at the Rainforest Gala.
    -Leighton Meester in Louis Vuitton at the Teen Choice awards.
    -Marisa Tomei in Versace Atelier at the Oscars.